Poll: Are your parents extremely religious/nutcases about it?
Poll Options
View poll results: Are your parents extremely religious/nutcases about it?
Yes
13 9%
No
131 91%
Voters: 144.
Page 1 of 2
I decided to make this because I've noticed over the years that an incredibly high percentage of UGers seem to make comments like "well my parents won't let me listen to [insert band here] because they're satanic" or, for example, the "my dad is planning my sex life" thread, or things like that. So answer the poll: do you think your parents are religious nutcases, or at least extreme about religion?

I think the results will be interesting in two ways: A.) Are musicians/guitarists more prone to using music as a form of social rebellion against their parents, or (B.) Are there simply more fundamentalist Christians than I thought there were?
Quote by HuckIt
My weirdest dream would have to be when I dreamed that I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...that was pretty screwed up.
Mine go to church pretty reguarly, but they're by no means nutcases. I can listen to what I want, do what I want, hang around with whoever I want etc.
No, they just think my music is weird ( I am ghost, AFI, Abney park Ego likeness). They haven't actually heard the music, i ordered some CDs and they read the lyrics so it's understandable. However my dad is into aliens and thinks he's going to live to 135...
They used to dress me up like jesus and tell me I had sinned against the romans if that counts.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by Kensai
They used to dress me up like jesus and tell me I had sinned against the romans if that counts.

Yeah that counts.
Quote by HuckIt
My weirdest dream would have to be when I dreamed that I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...that was pretty screwed up.
Thy just don't like my music, that's all. They do go to church irregularly, but they're by no means fundamentalists, they despise fundamentalists.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
I'd say it's pretty rare to have rents like that in the UK...
Talk to Erowid

Quote by dead-fish

Tell me when thy band shall return to mark a schedueled performance on my nearest venue's door!
Quoth teh Loomis, "Nevermore".

Member #9 of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM apocalypse13 or altronataku to join.
They used to be pretty religious and make me go to church etc., but soon enough they kind of realised I still don't believe so they gave up xD
My parents aren't. But I know a guy.
Quote by CoreysMonster
Ebay Help > asking a dog for help > The Pit

Quote by brady12345
dude, you have a camera, go kick some people in the nuts and run
Mine weren't impressed when i got some Boy George on for a joke, but i suppose that's understandable...
mine are complete psycho religonny people. but because im br00t4l i do whatever i want. **** them. and argue about what they think of gays, etc all the time.
My red is so confident that he flashes trophies of war and
ribbons of euphoria
Quote by bequickorbedead
Mine go to church pretty reguarly, but they're by no means nutcases. I can listen to what I want, do what I want, hang around with whoever I want etc.

me too except I go to church as well
Albums I Must Obtain
Call me Paul. I prefer that.
Quote by fretsonfire74
I think you're my soulmate
No, not at all. Although we're officially catholic we're far from religious and in terms of music my parents are very tolerant. My mother loves Metallica and my father admitted that meshuggah are pretty interesting, although he yould never really listen to them.
But yeah, not religious at all and very tolerant...maybe there's a connection between those...
My parent's aren't religious.

But they're just wary about me listening to certain bands or going to gigs and stuff because they've heard the horror stories of kids going satan crazy and killing themselves and others. But as the years have gone on they've accepted my music tastes and just let me get on with it. They're protective, and that's what parents should be. Just not ridiculously over protective.
Quote by mulletman500
Religious, no. Nutcases, yes.

Religious, yes. Nutcases, no.
Quote by mustaineNslash
i know this sounds stupid but...
wheres the sig button??

(sry)

no my parents are awesome they buy me alcohol when i go out and mum even offers to buy my condoms woooot.
And on the 7th day God created METAL!
No, only my Dad is religious, and he keeps it to himself.

They can still get overprotective at times though.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
My parents are Christian, but they're very loose Christians.

And they don't force their religious beliefs on me.
The.
There is some sort of spiritual crap she believes in.
Some sort of greenery tied in a bundle next to my back door, went around the perimeter with salt... that sort of crap.
Just plain old insane really.
Quote by Jonesy92
no my parents are awesome they buy me alcohol when i go out and mum even offers to buy my condoms woooot.

That's weird, and highly uncomfortable to think about.

On topic, yes, my mother is a complete religious nutbag... she thinks every little thing I do is going to send me straight to hell. Meh, I do what I want.
Quote by Th6r6a6sH
The Pit is a reliable source of information
Quote by imdeth
My penis is tough. My penis is elite.
Quote by Oblivion_Rps
I like Luigi.

His cock is maximum.

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.

OPETH RULES.

Member of Åkerfeldtism

My last.fm
Quote by uberphreak
That's weird, and highly uncomfortable to think about.

she only does it so tht she knows where im gettin thous sorta things from and means i dont have to pay for it.
And on the 7th day God created METAL!
Quote by GeekInThePink
I'm actually more religious than my parents.

Same.
The only band I'm not allowed to listen to is Cradle of Filth, and thats because of their 'Jesus is a...' slogan.
But thats ok, because I reckon they're rather stupid anyway. I mean, I know they were trying to be contraversial, but why attack the oh so safe target of mainstream Christianity, when you could but a picture of Mohammed on a t-shirt and be done with it.
Bristol Rovers

Up the Gas!

Please, call me Joe.
Quote by Jonesy92
my parents are awesome they buy me alcohol when i go out and mum even offers to buy my condoms woooot.

sigged!
NO ONE EVER READS MY POSTS.
my mum and sister are quite religious whereas my dad and me arent. its strange how piety has gone down the female side of my family and common sense has gone down the male side
Quote by FrenchyFungus

Awww, thanks Frenchy

Quote by Cobain_Is_King
I got a packet of Love Hearts when I was six and every one said 'You Have a Tiny Penis'

Hate humans? Click here
No. I'm an atheist, raised in an atheist family. My parents didn't want me to be baptized (I am not) and I was pulled out religion classes in primary school.
Need fashion advice?

Quote by PaperStSoapCo
I wish I had a dick like a black guy instead of my little white dick.

Quote by JoelTheShredder
i love you more than words can express jean.

I saw Rick Astley in Quebec City, on April 10th 2009. Best day of my life!
Mine are radical Muslims.

Haha this thread is classic!
Quote by Shylock
Well, If I woke up a girl, I would immediantly proceed to achieving an orgaism.

because they are superior to ours.

I AM HERE TO RIDE BIKE!!!
My mom is, and I used to be sorta haha. But now I'm an atheist and my dad well he just doesn't say what he believes. But I still am forced to go to church , because forcing religion on people works everytime .
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
I once wore that shirt and it got me so many bitches my penis got a rash from gropage.
My parents are pretty religious, but they aren't nutcases about it.
Thank you, and may raw rock kill you forever and ever, amen.
DFTBA
As far as I understand the stereotype, those 'religious nutcases' you speak of are mostly found in the 'bible belt' of the U.S.A.

My parents are atheists like me =]
Everyone becomes a genius when they join UG
No, they're pretty hardcore atheists.
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
My parents have me go to church.
Not very religious, they don't make me believe anything, or teach me any facts of Christian ways.
We just go.
It's very dumb.
my parents aren't massive religious nutjobs, but i've had pretty huge arguments with them over Satanism, trying to convince them that it's not as evil as it's made out to be. i'm not actually satanist, but i stick up for the whole idea, and hey, it's just something to do when i'm bored

I fail
Page 1 of 2