Is there a special name for the sauce that goes on? I had it in Germany, it was like ketchup but a bit sweeter and it tasted amazing!

Danker

EDIT: Can you buy curry ketchup in England?

EDIT 2: How can I make the sauce from scratch?
R.I.P Jon Lord, Rory Gallagher and Jimi!
Last edited by stef123 at May 28, 2008,
curry ketchup its not quite red and tangy and awesome.
Life is short and hard like a bodybuilding dwarf.
You buy ketchup and then some mild curry powder. Mix the two (or put the powder in with the sausages when you are frying them)
i think it's schaschlik.

(Invalid img)
or this perhaps.
(Invalid img)
Last edited by The red Strat. at May 28, 2008,
Ich wahne meine beefie
Quote by mustaineNslash
i know this sounds stupid but...
wheres the sig button??

(sry)

Quote by aleb
Ich wahne meine beefie

was tut dieses Mittel?
für die Leute, die wundern, i don' t sprechen wirklich Deutsches. ich benutzte babelfish.
Quote by The red Strat.
was tut dieses Mittel?
für die Leute, die wundern, i don' t sprechen wirklich Deutsches. ich benutzte babelfish.

I was just quoting a funny TV ad i saw once in germany. It was a little fat kis singing about how he wants his 'beefy'. Is now a meme at my school, along with 'Ach! Meine handie!' (referring to mobile phone going off)
Quote by mustaineNslash
i know this sounds stupid but...
wheres the sig button??

(sry)

Currywurst ist gut, aber ich iss es nicht mehr. Also dieee...sause ist gut mit pommes.
♥xx♥

Quote by Pingis_Or_Death
Ich habe 20 kilo Sauerkraut in meine Unterhosen

oh ja? gut habe ich 54 Würste in meiner Unterwäsche. Ha !
Some people really need to learn the verb formations...

But on topic, when I make currywurst I fry my bratwurst and sprinkle mild curry powder in while i'm doing it.

A really nice side: Get potatoes and chop up into small pieces maybe 1cm by 1cm. Get some bacon lardons (small chopped up pieces of bacon). Mix the two and fry these.

Put bratwursts and potato/bacon on plate. Smother in ketchup. Enjoy
Yes, there is a sauce, it translates to "curry sauce". If you don't know what curry is, it's a kind of spice, usually pale orange-yellow. THe sauce is a mixture of curry and ketchup along with some other ingredients. It's ****ing delicious.
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401
Quote by The red Strat.
^^oh ja, sehr lang. was über Sie?

Something about sausages?

Quote by philipp122
Yes, there is a sauce, it translates to "curry sauce". If you don't know what curry is, it's a kind of spice, usually pale orange-yellow. THe sauce is a mixture of curry and ketchup along with some other ingredients. It's ****ing delicious.

THAT OFFENDS ME.

NOW YOU MUST PAY!!!11!

supergerbil -- Yerrr, I've lived here for 14 years and am pretty much fluent but I never learned past rly basic grammar b.c. Germans don't bother with anything beyond that either.
♥xx♥

Quote by saphrax
If you go down south, get some Gelbwurst (yellow sausage) and make a sarnie. It is so good!

I'm going to Nurnberg for Rock im Park. I might buy a bottle of that sauce before we head to the festival, just in case they don't sell anything like it there!
[quote=""[It's Alex"]"]supergerbil -- Yerrr, I've lived here for 14 years and am pretty much fluent but I never learned past rly basic grammar b.c. Germans don't bother with anything beyond that either.

Contradiction! ALERT! GUARDSSSSSHHHH!

I had so many expensive meals when I was in Berlin, and the currywurst I bought from a little stall beat them all by miles.
Gear:
Ibanez S470DXQM
Laney GH50L - Laney GS212IE
Boss GE7
MXR Wylde OD
Boss DD2
Boss CE20
Walden G570
I went there a couple of years back now, and the currywurst you buy from little stands were always the best. I came back to the UK with a couple of bottles of the sauce, several bottles of Schwip Schwap (spelling?) basically orange and coke before coca cola did it, and a good litre of Jagermeister...
Is it like the curry sauce I can get down me local chippy?

Guilty pleasure. I would bath in that stuff, jus for the lulz ya know.
Quote by Jackolas
Something about sausages?

oh crap, apparently was über Sie means what over it. damn you, Babelfish !
. ****, that probably came across awkwardly . i meant to say 'what about you ? '
How can I make the sauce from scratch?
R.I.P Jon Lord, Rory Gallagher and Jimi!
[quote=""[It's Alex"]"]supergerbil -- Yerrr, I've lived here for 14 years and am pretty much fluent but I never learned past rly basic grammar b.c. Germans don't bother with anything beyond that either.

Really? My german teacher goes crazy over pathetic little things. I thought the germans would be just like him
Quote by The red Strat.

oh crap, apparently was über Sie means what over it. damn you, Babelfish !
. ****, that probably came across awkwardly . i meant to say 'what about you ? '

"was über Sie" literally means "what about you", but nobody would say it that way. Rather you would use something like "Und was ist mir dir?", "Und du?" or "Was denkst du?".

EDIT: Or "Ihnen/Sie" in the polite form.
Last edited by Firzen_Zero at May 28, 2008,
Quote by supergerbil

A really nice side: Get potatoes and chop up into small pieces maybe 1cm by 1cm. Get some bacon lardons (small chopped up pieces of bacon). Mix the two and fry these.

Das ist prima!
Ab und zu, kocht meine Oma Bratkartoffeln mit Speck weil es einfach und schnell zu kochen ist. Es schmeckt wunderbar.

Ugh I've so failed german AS, stupid teacher left a few months ago and he was rubbish anyways. But we were left with suply teachers who couldnt speak german D:
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

Quote by OddOneOut
Das ist prima!
Ab und zu, kocht meine Oma Bratkartoffeln mit Speck weil es einfach und schnell zu kochen ist. Es schmeckt wunderbar.

Ugh I've so failed german AS, stupid teacher left a few months ago and he was rubbish anyways. But we were left with suply teachers who couldnt speak german D:

There seems to be nothing wrong with your German except for a tendency to place commas according to English grammar.
Quote by OddOneOut
Das ist prima!

That german seems fine, so why have you failed?

I didn't know the word Bratkartoffeln, so it's something-potato.Is the brat from BRATkartoffeln is the same brat as BRATwurst?
Quote by supergerbil
That german seems fine, so why have you failed?

I didn't know the word Bratkartoffeln, so it's something-potato.Is the brat from BRATkartoffeln is the same brat as BRATwurst?

Yeah, Brat generally means fried, I think.

I'm rubbish at remembering vocabulary, I had to look up a few words before I typed that sentance. It's probably my bigest let down on the oral exam, knowing what I wanted to say but I didn't know the words I needed. Also, with the writing question on the exam paper, I couldn't answer it in english, let alone german.
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

Quote by OddOneOut
Yeah, Brat generally means fried, I think.

I'm rubbish at remembering vocabulary, I had to look up a few words before I typed that sentance. It's probably my bigest let down on the oral exam, knowing what I wanted to say but I didn't know the words I needed. Also, with the writing question on the exam paper, I couldn't answer it in english, let alone german.

Oh, do you like german though?

I didn't wan't to do it as a GCSE but the school made it compulsary