Page 1 of 2
Just checked via search bar and there is no Urban Myths thread!

So im starting one Post all your urban myths, stories or anything Bizarre!

Il start;

Ketchup was sold in the 1830's as medicine.

Despite being the closest planet to the Sun, Mercury is not the warmest. Venus is warmer.

Chewing gum does not stick to the inside of the human gut as the alimentary canal is to moist! It pass's through like normal food.
MASSIVE TEXT
all girls pillow fight when their alone
but thats true so its not a myth
Pull my finger

Quote by Explicit User

"Kyle.. Do you know what homosex is?"
me:"...yes... why?"
"Do you want to have it?"
Me again:"...no Anthony..no i don't"
"Oh.. okay.. good night"

haha

Quote by madhampster
Dear god the pit is a force to be reckoned with.
Quote by Muckle
Just checked via search bar and there is no Urban Myths thread!

So im starting one Post all your urban myths, stories or anything Bizarre!

Il start;

Despite being the closest planet to the Sun, Mercury is not the warmest. Venus is warmer.

Chewing gum does not stick to the inside of the human gut as the alimentary canal is to moist! It pass's through like normal food.
I wouldn't call 750K "warm"...and how is that an urban myth?
Populus vult decipi. Decipiatur.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It's can be a contraction and genitive case.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...
Quote by FuZzY(aus)
all girls pillow fight when their alone
but thats true so its not a myth

How can a girl have a pillow fight on their own?
Phail
Quote by atr5557
i just got the boss mt-2 metal zone pedal today. i got the adapter for it but how do i know if its charging?
Quote by b00m_
Phail

With you in it? Yes.
Why don't you come up with something and make it better?
Quote by A Certain Death
my mum is a retard
Quote by Muckle

That's not a myth. That's the truth.
"If you stab a man in winter, steam will rise from his chest. The Indians used to believe that was the man's soul leaving the body."

10 points to whoever gets that reference
Quote by thewho65
"If you stab a man in winter, steam will rise from his chest. The Indians used to believe that was the man's soul leaving the body."

Wow, even on the southern hemisphere too?
Quote by thewho65

What film is that from? I know that quote so well. My head will explode like the man from Scanners is a minute.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Quote by captainjackass
/thread

fo cereal, you should close it now...

Because we shouldn't be allowed to discuss them
Quote by thewho65

Waynes World?
Quote by Muckle

This is because of Venus' atmospheric gases. They have super greenhouse effect, so its extremely hot.
Quote by CrazyDavey
I like my women how I like my wine, 12 years old and locked in my basement.

Quote by rg_metal
Some old lady asked me if my electric guitar was a bass. It clearly has Six strings.

ts youres arent urban myths
they can be proven right or wrong
urban myth is like (eg)
theres a house at the end of my street and they said that its built on an ancient burial ground
(or the ammityville horror)
LTD M-100FM
THE BEEST!
Quote by Ziggums
He didn't say just Myths

youre right he didnt
the title did
LTD M-100FM
THE BEEST!
Quote by david9d5
You, my friend, win in epic proportions

Quote by sharpshootr55

Man... now I gotta clean my laptop screen.

Quote by ozzyismetal
^That has too much win for me to handle....
I think I need a glass of water and a nap.

That you can get more than one mewtwo

Everyone knows you can only catch him once
Hitler only had one testicle

Hitler's grandmother was Jewish

Thats all I got.
Quote by Shylock
Well, If I woke up a girl, I would immediantly proceed to achieving an orgaism.

because they are superior to ours.

I AM HERE TO RIDE BIKE!!!
Quote by thewho65

Dancin with the wolves?

no...

Jesus Christ was the son of God....
Every form of control over another person is a crime

AEK Athens
Asteras Exarcheion
Prasini Thyella
Rayo Vallecano

RED MILITIA-Vamos a Vencer
Quote by loc66sic
ts youres arent urban myths
they can be proven right or wrong
urban myth is like (eg)
theres a house at the end of my street and they said that its built on an ancient burial ground

But if it were built on an 'ancient burial ground', it could be proved right or wrong.

/Facepalm.
Quote by thewho65

Isn't that from the movie where they pretend to make a movie called "Arizona" so they can bust a crime ring or something like that?
Quote by Muckle

How are those myths? They are just strange facts.

BTW I live in a town surrounded by cornfields... I'm gonna go make a rural myth thread/
AMERICA
AMERICA
AMERICA
Quote by Muckle

It's not bizarre, it's due to Venus's atmosphere.
Need fashion advice?

Quote by PaperStSoapCo
I wish I had a dick like a black guy instead of my little white dick.

Quote by JoelTheShredder
i love you more than words can express jean.

I saw Rick Astley in Quebec City, on April 10th 2009. Best day of my life!
Originally Posted by thewho65

that is ofcourse form waynes world
#4 of fender armada WOOTWOOT
Quote by Bstar
The main ingrediant in sunny D is whale spunk

who the **** collects that? (new job for me)
✠ ☠ ✠
RIP Ronnie James Dio

Fendi Shoes is actually extremely advantageous.
there was that myth that you will die from mixing pop rocks and coke, and that kid off life cereal died because of it, but that was proven untrue.

there was also the myth that there is a girl heard screaming in that love rollercoaster song because she was murdered or any number of other reasons. but that was proven untrue.

there arent many urban legends that not been proven either true or untrue (mostly untrue) unless you want to talk about stuff like, idk, bigfoot.

anybody ever seen bigfoot?
Quote by dr_chainsaw0
the whole time i was expecting it to end in the fresh prince theme song

Quote by blackflag49
"You're only as fresh as your game", said the Lord - Corinthians 22:12
In the Wizard of Oz, you can see in a tree in the background that a Munchkin hung himself. You can do this while simultaneously listening to Dark Side of the Moon. At that point, you're probably high already.
I get very tense around apples...Well, I get very tense generally. I think I've fallen into the trap of blaming fruit.

Jeff

Peavey Studio Pro 112 for sale. Anyone want it?
Quote by Ziggums
Wow, even on the southern hemisphere too?

You silly fool, there's no such thing as a 'southern hemisphere.' It's an urban myth like the tooth fairy and Canada.
I get very tense around apples...Well, I get very tense generally. I think I've fallen into the trap of blaming fruit.

Jeff

Peavey Studio Pro 112 for sale. Anyone want it?
Crocodiles survive when you flush them down the toilet.

Just kidding, that's alligators.
The DNA results show that Jeremy Kyle is a nob.

Quote by titsmcgee852
I want to look at your sexual naked body.
Quote by FlashNinja
That you can get more than one mewtwo

Everyone knows you can only catch him once

leave the pokemon to metaldud fool!

hes the REAL pokemon reference guy. anyone else phails so hard the impact of their phail can be heard around the world

EDIT: a link from the best website ever

http://www.cracked.com/article_15628_5-creepiest-urban-legends-that-happen-be-true.html
Quote by djmay71
OMG

eddievh2, you are a genuis, and true man of action

damn right

Quote by Zugunruhe

or else, how good are you at drawing penises?

lulz
Last edited by eddievh2 at Jun 7, 2008,
Quote by Munchlaxatives
In the Wizard of Oz, you can see in a tree in the background that a Munchkin hung himself.

Untrue.

The scene in question is when Dorothy, Tin Man, and Lion are skipping away from the screen, in a forest-like area.

Just as the trio disappears into the distance, something appears, very quickly, from behind a tree on the left side of the Yellow Brick Road. It flies out quickly, then slowly retracts out of view, back behind the tree.

This was said to be one of the Munchkin actors hanging himself on the set, and the director failed to notice that they had, in fact, caught the suicide on film; he then unknowingly shipped the finished film with the "suicide" occuring onscreen.

However, in order to make the forest environment seem more realistic to viewers, the film crew had brought in several dozen birds, and let them loose on set. The object that projects from behind the tree is, in fact, the wing of a large bird (possibly a swan, from the color, size, and shape of the wing), being stretched by the bird, who is obscured by the tree. The three actors in the scene also have said that they remember seeing a large bird, off to the left of the Yellow Brick Road, as they skipped out of the shot.
Quote by Les_Frederiksen
PlayMadness, you give me hope for mankind.

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Society's doing great. There's a rise of people like PlayMadness. I feel pretty good about the way things are going.
Quote by eddievh2
leave the pokemon to metaldud fool!

hes the REAL pokemon reference guy. anyone else phails so hard the impact of their phail can be heard around the world

No, pokemon references were around before him, and still fairly funny.
i think the pit needs a lesson on what urban myths are...

the one that you can unlock your car by having someone use to un-locker thing into a cell phone, and you point your phone at the car door doesnt work.
"We are not concerned with motive, with higher ethics. We are concerned only with cutting down crime-."
Quote by MoleMania
No, pokemon references were around before him, and still fairly funny.

shut up. metaldud is the best pokemon referencer ever
Quote by djmay71
OMG

eddievh2, you are a genuis, and true man of action

damn right

Quote by Zugunruhe

or else, how good are you at drawing penises?

lulz
*insert every false claim about Barack Obama here*
Quote by Les_Frederiksen
PlayMadness, you give me hope for mankind.

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Society's doing great. There's a rise of people like PlayMadness. I feel pretty good about the way things are going.
Page 1 of 2