Hi all, just a quick question.

For the last year or so i've been running my dual rectifier into the speaker of my old trace elliot bonneville combo. It's got a single Celestion vintage 30 in there. I'm also using a 100w Weber Mass attenuator to bring the power down by about half, but i don't use it all the time, depending on what sound i'm trying to acheive.

So, can anyone see any damage being done to the speaker/mesa from this setup?

Also, i'm looking at getting a 2x12 or possibly a 4x12 to replace the cab so any recommendations would be fantastic.

I'm sure this will get asked so i'll pre-empt it now; I mainly play heavier stuff: metal, rock etc, but i pretty much despise the scooped mid sound and i hate brittle high end so i use an EQ in the loop to tame the dual recto's high end.

Any ideas will be appreciated!
Last edited by guitarfreak3d at May 28, 2008,
Is the Dual Rec 100 watts?
Yeah, that could (and as far as i know, should) cause damage...
You should be using at least 100 watts-worth of speakers if that makes sense ...
Quote by jxljxl
If UG had a Facebook style Relationship thing, I'd e-marry you C-mak

Quote by jxljxl
I want C-mak in my bum.

^Think he might have a thing for me...
Not ideal, but it should survive as long as you dont crank the volume up too much
Shut up and play your guitar!
Quote by cmakkidguitar
Is the Dual Rec 100 watts?
Yeah, that could (and as far as i know, should) cause damage...
You should be using at least 100 watts-worth of speakers if that makes sense ...

Yeah, for some bizarre reason i always presumed it was a 100w speaker as i've never looked too much into them. I can't quite grasp the tone i want at the moment and i've changed pretty much everything except the cab so i've come to the conclusion that could be it.

I think to be on the safe side i may get a nice marshall cab for a bit of mid-range punch.
Quote by plbrynt
Not ideal, but it should survive as long as you dont crank the volume up too much

Yeah, that's why i think i've been lucky because i either use the weber mass for the cranked sound, or switch it off and keep the amp at a low level. As i said above though i think i may go for a nice marshall cab and see how that works out.