Alright, I am looking forward into the future when i will be buying an amplifier. I am guessing that I will have about $500-$800 to spend on it and of course I am looking for the best quality and sound for the cheapest price. I really like blues rock, rock, hard rock, and metal, but also want to be able to have an awesome clean channel and pretty loud. I was thinking about getting the Marshall MG100HDFX/MG412 Slant Cab Half Stack Package because I really like stacks but I dont want to jump to conclusions and research my possibilities. This amp will be for mainly practice but possibly some gigs too. Any advice anyone could give me would be great!
i have some advice:
DON'T BUY A MARSHALL MG
Gear:
MIM Strat
Vox Valvetronix AD30VT
Boss AC-3 Acoustic Simulator
Marshall BB-2 Bluesbreaker
Maxon OD808 Overdrive

Quote by demonsheep
Get out of bed; Slap them with your dick.
do NOT get the MG. you'll regret it later in life.

and you Don't need a half stack for what you're planning. for practice you'll never be able to turn it above 1 and basically you'll have wasted volume.

Get a tube combo.
I bought an MG when I was younger and more foolish and they are just aweful, the biggest mistake of my life
Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Dean Razorback Explosion

Amps:
Peavey ValveKing 112

Effects:
BOSS ME-50
Metal Muff
Quote by bsummay
Alright, I am looking forward into the future when i will be buying an amplifier. I am guessing that I will have about $500-$800 to spend on it and of course I am looking for the best quality and sound for the cheapest price. I really like blues rock, rock, hard rock, and metal, but also want to be able to have an awesome clean channel and pretty loud. I was thinking about getting the Marshall MG100HDFX/MG412 Slant Cab Half Stack Package because I really like stacks but I dont want to jump to conclusions and research my possibilities. This amp will be for mainly practice but possibly some gigs too. Any advice anyone could give me would be great!

Wow.
Those words, put into the same paragraph as 'mg100hdfx' just looks bad.

Look into tube combos/stacks.
Signatures are overrated.
Try laney VC series or some Mesa boogies.
R.I.P Jon Lord, Rory Gallagher and Jimi!
HAHAHA! I love how everyone had the same response. Thanks everyone for you help i wont buy an MG and take your all's advice.
Alright obviously I dont know much about amplifier purchasing so here are some alternatives to the MG i have after your all advice.

Crate VFX5212T Tube Guitar Combo Amp Refurb
Peavey ValveKing 212 Combo Amp
Randall RG50TC 50W 1x12 Guitar Combo Amp
Traynor YCV40 Custom Valve Combo Amp

The only brand I dont recognize her is the Traynor. I was looking at the JVM's but they are waaaaaaaaay to expensive. Any help would be appreciated.
Last edited by bsummay at May 29, 2008,
if you're buying an amp IN THE FUTURE i suggest that you save up more than $800.
"Often it does seem a pity that Noah and his party did not miss the boat." -Mark Twain
Quote by necrophilic
if you're buying an amp IN THE FUTURE i suggest that you save up more than $800.

Well im thinking more the near future. Also, First of all i dont have a job because i dont live in the states and cant get one where i live so i only have holiday money which in the next year will probably be around $800. Second, i cant and dont want to take my current amp back to the states because it would cost a fortune to transport which i could spend on a new amp and second because it is not a good amp, which means I will be ampless for a segment of time when I first move back so i am thinking by then i will have the money to purchase a new one. See my problem?
Quote by stef123
Try laney VC series or some Mesa boogies.

can $800 get you a boogie?

try carvin. heard they're cheap (among tube amps).

or peavey's JS mini colossal. that's not too expensive either.

i'm just suggesting randomly though.
"Often it does seem a pity that Noah and his party did not miss the boat." -Mark Twain