The idea of this thread is to see if a particular inspector is better than others. Rate the initial quality and setup of your Epiphone and list the number of the inspector that is on the back of the headstock. Also include the model of the guitar.

Epiphone Dater Project
Punch in your serial number and it tells you the year, production number and plant your guitar was made. No, I'm not affiliated with the link.

The sticker you're looking for:

Inspector 01: Flawless: Joe Perry LP
Inspector 05: 1 uneven fret, nut needed cleaned up: Epi Les Paul Std Plus
Inspector 22: Literally perfect: Epi Goth '58 Explorer
Last edited by JohnnyBeep at May 28, 2008,
i'm not sure quite what you mean but the number on mine is U 05062554 and when i got it i could'nt find anything wrong with it
Quote by 20cdndollars
Quote by yurfinlfntsy
I HAVE to wear my kilt every Thursday...

I'm not sure why, though.

Me too!
We should start a support group.
Normally people take the sticker off the back once they get the guitar. It's usually under the serial number/between the tuners.

Since some Epiphone guitars are garbage and others are really nice, I think it will be useful to compile a list of what inspectors have a greater sense of quality control.
Not all Epiphones actually list who/where they were inspected. E.g. my Epi Joe Perry LP said it was inspected by '01', while my Epi G-400, LP Junior and Dot Studio don't have an inspection number on them at all, and never have done.

For the record, the Joe Perry LP inspected by '01' is flawless. The G-400 does have a sticker on it saying 'inspection card QC' (no number), and is almost flawless except for a couple of small bubbles in the paint and a tiny bit of excess glue on a couple of the frets.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
in a while..."Ill be back."

edit: ok Im back. so it says "Inspected by Garbor China 12" I dont know what the 12 means...when I got the guitar it was in good shape except the action was a little high...

ok, so mine is an Epiphone Limited Edition 1966 G-400

inspector 1, in pretty good shape. like I said before, just the action was a little too high.
Quote by RetroGunslinger
this is like comparing a flushing toilet to a hole in the ground
Last edited by fifer at May 29, 2008,
I didn't think it mattered. It's the silver-ish sticker with the big red E right?
GEAR:

Gretsch 5120 Anniversary Ed.
Ibanez Artcore AS73
Mann 2350CS (Les Paul Copy)
Epiphone SG Special
Fender Squier Bullet
Boss OS-2
Vox Valvetronix AD30VT 30w
Line 6 Spider III 15W (Hey, I jam in my living room...)
They put that sticker on at the factory in china. Ive been to china and went looking in every music store I could find while there. Finally found an lefthand LP a custom model. It had the sticker but doubt they sent it to the states then back to china. And it had to be some sort of reject, it played and sounded terrible. I have 2 epi LPs both had the sticker neither was anywhere close to set up. The last one I bought couldnt have been inspected they would have noticed the bridge pickup didnt work, it had right hand knobs on left hand pots, and the tuners were about to fall out.
Quote by Tackleberry
They put that sticker on at the factory in china. Ive been to china and went looking in every music store I could find while there. Finally found an lefthand LP a custom model. It had the sticker but doubt they sent it to the states then back to china. And it had to be some sort of reject, it played and sounded terrible. I have 2 epi LPs both had the sticker neither was anywhere close to set up. The last one I bought couldnt have been inspected they would have noticed the bridge pickup didnt work, it had right hand knobs on left hand pots, and the tuners were about to fall out.

Even though it says inspected in USA, I doubt it actually is. They probably have something in place where they can technically claim it is setup in the USA, but really it's in China. Either way, the # has to correlate to a person, so maybe there is pattern which will make purchases a little easier.

Say a guitar is on ebay selling new with inspector #X on it. It would be a little easier to make an educated decision if we compile enough data.
hmmm, i don't recall mine ever having a sticker on it, i'm happy with it anyway
Quote by 20cdndollars
Quote by yurfinlfntsy
I HAVE to wear my kilt every Thursday...

I'm not sure why, though.

Me too!
We should start a support group.
Quote by JohnnyBeep
The idea of this thread is to see if a particular inspector is better than others. Rate the initial quality and setup of your Epiphone and list the number of the inspector that is on the back of the headstock. Also include the model of the guitar.

Epiphone Dater Project
Punch in your serial number and it tells you the year, production number and plant your guitar was made. No, I'm not affiliated with the link.

The sticker you're looking for:

Inspector 01: Flawless: Joe Perry LP
Inspector 05: 1 uneven fret, nut needed cleaned up: Epi Les Paul Std Plus
Inspector 22: Literally perfect: Epi Goth '58 Explorer

oo that pic...mine says 1.

edit:

Quote by RetroGunslinger
Last edited by fifer at May 28, 2008,
holy crud. sorry about the large image...
Quote by RetroGunslinger
This is a really good idea. If only I liked humbuckers enough to get ANOTHER guitar with them. I'll stick to my fenders.
EDIT: Inspector 7: virtually perfect, nothing wrong that i can detect but im sure there might be something minor i dont see. damn sweet guitar.
Last edited by AJS19 at Jun 18, 2008,