Page 1 of 4
Ok, I'm sure people are sick, like I am, of seeing four thousand threads about bands and nearly everyone of them filled with links to a single thread that NO ONE ELSE CAN SEEM TO FIND.
Well.
This happens in the metal-forum an amazing amount, so....
I present a simple, basic, step by step guide to using the search bar.

NOTE: I would like to stress that you should PLEASE look on the first page, simply to save time.
NOTE 2: I'm using UG black. It makes no difference to the process, ignore the color scheme and follow the instructions.

1) Click on SEARCH.

2) Type in the band/thread title you are looking for.

3) Change it to TITLES ONLY.

4) Select the forum you are searching in.

5) Press SEARCH.

6) Select the thread that is MOST ACTIVE. IE: With the most posts that is still active.

7) Enjoy.
Last edited by Magero at May 29, 2008,
Teh Barrre no giv rasalts fur teh Mooooose taaaabbbss...... by which i mean if i see one more, un-official official band thread, im bringing out the cow prods....
Guitarist for Adelaide Post Hardcore band Emerald City EmeraldCityAU

Playing a Fender Blacktop Tele through an Orange Dual Terror and 2x12.
Well, I fully expect this thread to die within 2 days and the pointless repeat threads to continue until mankind ceases to exist.
Its a life cycle of forums, deal with it. Until people are taught how to properly use internet forums in school, barely anyone will use the search function.

No-one can really do anything to stop it, just keep telling people how stupid they are and how they should use the search function. This thread won't stop it.
Quote by Ardius
Well, I fully expect this thread to die within 2 days and the pointless repeat threads to continue until mankind ceases to exist.
Its a life cycle of forums, deal with it. Until people are taught how to properly use internet forums in school, barely anyone will use the search function.

No-one can really do anything to stop it, just keep telling people how stupid they are and how they should use the search function. This thread won't stop it.

So do I.
But if even one n00b learns the value of the true search bar, I'll be happy.
Thanks for your optimism .
Ardius i propose an experiment lets put a sign up that says search bar forbidden and see how many people suddenly take an interest in it, haha

Quote by Magero
So do I.
But if even one n00b learns the value of the true search bar, I'll be happy.
Thanks for your optimism .

Optimism? On the internet? Heresy!

Aye, if it was illegal to use the search bar, likely everyone would use it. Maybe we should say that using the search bar is for haxzors.
Or promise that Xenu will come down riding Tom Cruise and take us to the promised land, if anything at least a quarter of the pop of ug will follow....if Scientology has taught us nothing its that people are morons....but thats just spam....

Haha either that or we just stick up search bars in every feasible blank spot on ug and see what happens?

This a fucking great idea! Either this or an another one of the same kind could do some great damage to the nubs if stickied. Or either way it could make the metal forum look like it is full of idiots not able to use this basic system.
Last edited by Ozzy87_2 at May 28, 2008,
Quote by destroy_techno

Put one up in white style too for the ultra-dummies

I was thinking that, you'll loads of ultra cretins going "Urrr, your UG is different, don't know how to change, urrr."

Black > Classic.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Well apparently the metal forum is full of idiots that cant use a basic system with a few bright sparks peeping their heads over the sea of idiocy.... haha, im pretty sure that sticky'ing this mother is about the best you can do, eventually they'll figure it out or just keep on whining to a brick wall...

Nothing I didn't know, but a lot of users here don't.

Too bad they won't be bothered reading it before making a versus thread about Metallica and Megadeth.
Metal Forum Popular Vote Winner!!!

Quote by webbtje
Quote by dead-fish
And you're obviously here because you fancy Phill.
Phill is a very attractive guy...

"I'm so tempted to sig that, Phill" - Sig it then

Unless otherwise stated, assume everything I say is in my opinion.
I doubt this will do much, but it won't hurt to sticky this.
Dyer's Eve is awesome, and has an abnormally large penis, which doesn't act as any hinderance to his everyday life despite its freakishly large size.
For unrivaled obedience, user King_ofKumbucha is awarded this spot of honor.
nothing new, but you get an A anyway. as you said, one last metallica thread is worth it.
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.
Wow, I think this is a life-changing experience.
I want to go as far to the edge without going over. Out on the edge, you can see all kinds of different things.
I chortled at the big Vampire Freaks ad.
LAMMERGEIER
Disclaimer: Dyer's Eve can not be held responsible for the loss of time spent or the insult to your aural senses as a result of exploring this link
lol look at all the closed threads under the pantera thread
hitl, derok, machine gun cat, xxm3t@lxx, whitetiger4000, wyldelife, ricthesic, zerreiben....newbs that don't know how to USE THE SEARCH BAR!!!
My sig is better than yours
Quote by webbtje
Stickystickysticky!

+ infinity
Not that the n00bs will find it anyways.
Facebook.com/Notafluke
how did u gt teh blak d00d1!1/!?!

on a more serious note... This will only work if it is tattooed onto every n00b's forehead. Gonna need a big forehead, but, it's worth trying.
We should have a stickied thread with links to the threads on various bands.
Quote by Mike Birbiglia
I went to the doctor, and they found something in my bladder. And whenever they find something, it's never anything good like, "We found something in your bladder AND IT'S SEASON TICKETS TO THE YANKEES!!

Do you folks like folk?
there is one in the hardcore forum, but it still doesn't help any.
Facebook.com/Notafluke
I'm sure it would help some people and prevent a lot of extra threads.
Quote by Mike Birbiglia
I went to the doctor, and they found something in my bladder. And whenever they find something, it's never anything good like, "We found something in your bladder AND IT'S SEASON TICKETS TO THE YANKEES!!

Do you folks like folk?
although if they're too lazy to use the search bar, i doubt that they'd go scrolling through a list of threads
Well if it was in alphabetical order and/or arranged by subgenre it wouldn't be too hard. It would just take a while to make.

I'd be willing to make it.
Quote by Mike Birbiglia

Do you folks like folk?
Last edited by BringMeTheCalm at May 29, 2008,
Quote by destroy_techno
Sticky!

yep

This is the only way to remedy this horrible issue once and for all
Quote by -Collapse-
Oh, hello mister tracer! Lets dance!
Quote by CodySG
And we all poop in the sandwiches!

New Drug Chat, Eh? CLICK HERE

pass: misterhoffman
This, without a doubt needs to be stickied. I also suggest posting the really popular/big band threads with a link. Like Opeth, Metallica, Necrophagist, etc.
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
after that... teach them how to use Edit>Find in this Page... through Firefox.
so usefull.

Quote by The Virtuoso
Yes, you sir win the internet!

Quote by saphrax
To put it crudely, every hole is a goal.

As powerhead said, how did u gt teh blak d00d1!1/!?!

Anyway, great thread! I'll keep it bumped it as much as I can!
Quote by BLOBERT
BRO
If this is stickied, they still won't read it. Though, the effort is nice.

I miss the days of the Metal forum where if someone posted about Korn they were beaten severely, their mothers were violated, and their pets were set fire to. Then they were beaten severely again. I miss those kinds of flames. The incredibly malicious, yet never gonna happen ones.
"Oh, it's just you." - Famous Last Words
If they're gonna be stupid enough to start a multiple thread then they aren't going to be smart enough to look at the stickies
O what a disgrace if such a despised and base race, which worships demons, should conquer a people which has the faith of omnipotent God and is made glorious with the name of Christ!

The music winners listen to
Quote by BringMeTheCalm
Well if it was in alphabetical order and/or arranged by subgenre it wouldn't be too hard. It would just take a while to make.

I'd be willing to make it.

BAM!
Made it.
Page 1 of 4