hey you guys well my guitar had some smudges so i used some pledge wood cleaner/ furniture polish to get it off and i think its ok since its meant for wood but is it or will it mess up my guitar.
I wouldn't use it again. Furniture polish fills the relatively open pores of the wood and will cause the surface to be grimy and dull. Next time, get a purpose-made guitar polish. There are several that are good. Otherwise, for minor smudges, a soft microfiber chamois or cloth will take care of those quite well.

Gear:
Partscaster/Tele into a bunch of pedals, a Maz 18 head, and a Z Best cab.
Don't bother with any of that. A duster and some breath will clean up the guitar wonderfully. Just breathe on it, and rub away with the duster. Much better for the guitar and free!!
Double Neck Project - Winner of 2006 GB&C "Best guitar build from scratch", "(Best) Most expensive build" and "Best Idea" awards - FINISHED!

Member #2 of the UG Luthier's club. PM AlGeeEater to join.
Quote by roamingbard13
I wouldn't use it again. Furniture polish fills the relatively open pores of the wood and will cause the surface to be grimy and dull. Next time, get a purpose-made guitar polish. There are several that are good. Otherwise, for minor smudges, a soft microfiber chamois or cloth will take care of those quite well.

This is good advice. A microfiber cloth costs less than a can of pledge too. Use a guitar polish only every few months too as it will eventually wear down your finish. Just wiping it down regularly with a soft cloth is all you need to do.