Gretsch 6122-12 String Amber - Limited Edition Hollowbody Guitar

How difficult is it to learn?

Never played one but may get to try soon.

This hollow is bad ass in my opinion.
GEAR:

Gretsch 5120 Anniversary Ed.
Ibanez Artcore AS73
Mann 2350CS (Les Paul Copy)
Epiphone SG Special
Fender Squier Bullet
Boss OS-2
Vox Valvetronix AD30VT 30w
Line 6 Spider III 15W (Hey, I jam in my living room...)
skill wise it's pretty much the same as playing a 6 string, you just need to have enough finger strength to fret twice as many strings at once.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
i've messed around on them, i dont know any proper technique. i do know however you play 2 strings at a time(like a mandolin). you can apply your traditional chord and pent. shapes but you strike 2 strings at a time.
Why you reading this?
Quote by 742627000017
I use my thumb and my johnson

Quote by deanexplosion99
idk what the keys are for but the reason i think its for the floyd rose is because its called floyd rose double locking

Quote by niggafolife
i iz hurr tuh spek da troof abowt muzik
I've played two I think. They're easy to play in my opinion, sound quite nice too. It's pretty much just like playing a 6 string but you have to be a bit more careful about where you're putting your fingers.
I love them!
It is the same as a 6 string but your lower 4 strings have an added string that is one octave higher and your upper 2 have unison strings. The sound just covers all frequencies, its beautiful!
Out here you've gotta know where your towel is!
I've played one, they're very nice to play. They're easy for chords and stuff. You don't really have to learn one, its like playing a normal guitar but fretting 2 strings for each not instead of 1.
I've played a 12 String, alot of fun, but hard to alternate pick if your a beginner.
You got to have alot of finger strenght, as it's quite hard to press double strings, and also your hand may ache more as you'll find the neck is wider!

Best of luck!
Quote by Stratopower
I've played a 12 String, alot of fun, but hard to alternate pick if your a beginner.
You got to have alot of finger strenght, as it's quite hard to press double strings, and also your hand may ache more as you'll find the neck is wider!

Best of luck!

Thanks. Pretty psyched. I'm a big dude (6'4 1/2), with pretty big hands so I don't think the neck will bother me much. My daughter has a childs acoustic and it's a joy to play. My hand swallows that damn thing.
GEAR:

Ibanez Artcore AS73
Epiphone SG Special
Fender Squier Bullet
Boss OS-2
I have the Schecter CSH-12 It's the c-1 body style with semi hollow body and of course 12 strings, it plays and sounds great. with the option to split both humbuckers, amazing guitar that i got for 374USD. YOu should check it out.
fingerboard width is the same with 12's as 6's right? thats was so with the ovations i've played.
Why you reading this?
Quote by 742627000017
I use my thumb and my johnson

Quote by deanexplosion99
idk what the keys are for but the reason i think its for the floyd rose is because its called floyd rose double locking

Quote by niggafolife
i iz hurr tuh spek da troof abowt muzik
Quote by grim1
I have the Schecter CSH-12 It's the c-1 body style with semi hollow body and of course 12 strings, it plays and sounds great. with the option to split both humbuckers, amazing guitar that i got for 374USD. YOu should check it out.

Under $400? WOW!
GEAR:

Ibanez Artcore AS73
Epiphone SG Special
Fender Squier Bullet
Boss OS-2
yeah, i was shocked at the price so i bought it on the spot. I just couldn't believe it. Thought for sure GC had made a mistake. I was amazed at how well it played and sounded and for only 374, that was a no brainer