Page 1 of 2
I was thinking of getting a guitar with a trem so I looked around for a bout and narrowed it down to two results, either a schecter blackjack atx fr or an ibanez rg1570. Now on paper the schecter is better in every way excpet one the ibanez has, of course, a better neck profile. Also ibanez are made in japan not korea and so should technically have better build quality. So has anyone ever played either of these and suggest which is the best or give me a different/better choice. Oh and btw i live in the uk and want to keep it under £500 the chepaest i've seen the schecter for is £450 and the chepest for the ibanez is £475.
schecter.
didnt even read teh text. but get schecter. syn gates uses them lol. and i like syn gates
STEAM: beachhhhhhhh

Quote by cornmancer
Please daddy, just for one hour.
Ibanez all the way. the 1570 is part of the Prestige models which are made in japan. MIJ Ibanez guitars are awesome. you won't regret it.
Quote by Hoodoo Child
schecter.
didnt even read teh text. but get schecter. syn gates uses them lol. and i like syn gates

haha syn used an rg before he was endorsed by schecter.
RG1570 would be my pick, but have you played em both?
Ibanez S520ex
Epiphone G-400
Roland Microcube
Alvarez MC90
Quote by Guitar Skater
syn uses schecter and 999999 other pr0s use ibanez

+1
plus the quality of Ibby Prestige guitars is outstanding.
Quote by impeachpedro10
haha syn used an rg before he was endorsed by schecter.
RG1570 would be my pick, but have you played em both?

I highly recommend playing both guitars, the neck dimensions of both are completely different.
erm, neither?
Epiphone Dot
DIY Esquire w/Neovin Power Rock pickup
Vox AC30VR 212
Arion MTE-1 (LED clipping diodes added)
Vox Tonelab LE
Roland SDE1000 delay

Quote by DaMarsbarPerson
By high-gain I don't mean stupid stuff. I just mean styles like Motley Crue or Iron Maiden
Schecter has better pickups and tone wood with a thicker, wider neck, but the Ibby has a better trem, and AMAZING quality (along with a thinner, slightly narrower neck).

Chris Broderick actually uses a similar model Ibanez, only with 7 strings.(although, he puts a $300 set of pickups in them, too)
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
play both and choose it on the neck?
they have COMPLETELY different neck styles
Quote by Shred Head
You have an atrocious sense of humour!

Quote by StrayCatBlues
You win 100 hilarity points.

Spend them wisely.

Quote by GrisKy
you're a funny, funny man, chimp in a tux... funny indeed.
Then suggest another i'm open to other models jus make sure it's actually accessable in the uk (e.g. no carvins) ,it has a good floating trem and is uner £500.
Uhh, the Schecter can't touch the Ibanez. If you were to go for a C-1 Hellraiser however, then it's a different story, because then the only major determining factor would be the playing feel.

So if you like thinner necks, Ibanez. If you like the Schecter feel however, get a Hellraiser.
Quote by Hoodoo Child
schecter.

I can't even begin to describe how idiotic this post was.
Quote by impeachpedro10
or check out an ESP LTD MH-400
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/ESP-LTD-MH400-Electric-Guitar?sku=516684

thin(ish) neck, and active p/ups

UKers get majorly gipped on LTD guitars.

TS, is there no way for you to try out those guitars? Both guitars are excellent value for money specs wise but the neck dimensions are just way different. What kind of guitars have you got and like the feel of?
Quote by Guitar Skater
syn uses schecter and 999999 other pr0s use ibanez

like herman li for example? he gives ibanez a bit of a bad name doesn't he?

and yeah proves schecter are rarer and stuff. with an ibanez ur as common as cow shit in a field.

Quote by cornmancer
I don't want a non-trem guitar I already own a schecter c1-classic (which i love), i want another guitar with a tremelo bridge.
Quote by impeachpedro10
or check out an ESP LTD MH-400
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/ESP-LTD-MH400-Electric-Guitar?sku=516684

thin(ish) neck, and active p/ups

Already tried it and i hated it, it sounded harsh and empty, there was no warmth or depth to the tone of it, whether that was the EMG's or whatever i just didn't like it plus there like £600+ in the UK.
Quote by axe_thrasher
I don't want a non-trem guitar I already own a schecter c1-classic (which i love), i want another guitar with a tremelo bridge.

In that case, I would probably go for the Schecter since you're already familiar with the neck feel and Schecter standards. Have you ever tried out any Ibanez guitars? The RG series have necks that are bloody thin as hell which is a lot different from Schecter guitar necks.
Quote by Hoodoo Child
schecter.

I'll be quick to admit, I'm a Schecter fan, but I still think that's a poor excuse to recommend a guitar.

Any guitar.

Nothing against Syn or A7X, but I always felt the best guitar is the one that plays and sounds good to the person playing the guitar. Not because <insert God of shred player name here> happens to play one. And as much as I love Schecter guitars, I'll also be quick to mention that they're not for everyone.
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."
a lot of Ibanez guitars are absolute ****ing Garbage...if you buy an Ibanez, you gotta be ready to buy the Ibanez JS1200, or the Ibanez Jem 7V...I've had two of them; a Grey Ibanez RG220B, and a White Ibanez RG 350DX (which looked just like an Ibanez Jem except no Monkey Handle cut out of the body....& Both of them are sitting in my bedroom, broken needing to go see my Guitar Tech.....Get a Jackson Dinky or something like that.....
R.I.P.:
Randy Rhoads (December 6, 1956 – March 19, 1982)
Dimebag Darrell (August 20, 1966 – December 8, 2004)
Les Paul (June 9, 1915 – August 13, 2009)
Ronnie James Dio (July 10, 1942 – May 16, 2010)
Quote by Hakael
I'll be quick to admit, I'm a Schecter fan, but I still think that's a poor excuse to recommend a guitar.

Any guitar.

Nothing against Syn or A7X, but I always felt the best guitar is the one that plays and sounds good to the person playing the guitar. Not because <insert God of shred player name here> happens to play one. And as much as I love Schecter guitars, I'll also be quick to mention that they're not for everyone.

good point. yeah like PRS are good guitars, and Mark Tremonti plays one, but theyre not for everyone cos of the wide neck. see, i know what im on about now

Quote by cornmancer
Schecters are way overpriced on your side of the pond.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Keep in mind UG is obsessed with Ibanez so most people will say that. The only thing Ibanez has going for it is a thin neck which is great but its not everything. Schecter has better woods, pups, and about everything else that you would have to spend $1000+ on a Ibanez for. Its up to you but I like Schecter more. Ibanez is by NO means a bad choice though.
Rhythm Harmony Melody
Personally I'd say get a Schecter hellraiser (its on my short list to be my next guitar). It seems to me that the only real selling point of the Ibanez is the thin wizard neck. Is it really all that good i dunno I haven't tried it. I am accustomed to both thin and fairly thick necks so if it boils down to features, Schecter all the way. Really though I'd go to a guitar store and try both out. The only thing I've noticed about Ibanez is that in order to get any really good features you have to go way high end, and with Schecter's Hellraiser series (EMG's, FR or Tonepros bridge, Grover tuners) you get great features for between $699 and $849. Thats just my opinion so go find both and form your own.
I prefer Schecter over Ibanez, mainly because I can't stand the way Ibanez guitars feel and play. Though at that price point both will pretty high quality, so try each and see which one you like better.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
ibanez is the best 50/50 guitars

they have WAY TOO MANY low quality guitars and not enough HIGH END MODELS

all the crappy guitars have locking trems and all the good ones dont
ibanez is the best 50/50 guitars

they have WAY TOO MANY low quality guitars and not enough HIGH END MODELS

all the crappy guitars have locking trems and all the good ones dont
Quote by Hoodoo Child
schecter.

Syn played ibanez before he went to Schecter lol.....
I could care less which guitar plays what. They pick those guitars because they like them the best and they feel good to them. Paul Waggoner of BTBAM is my favorite guitarist and he plays an Ibanez S series, but does that mean I have an S series, no, I have a Hellraiser. It's all preference as many others have said before. I personally think the lower end Ibanez aren't worth a crap but that can be said for most brands.
I have never liked how any of the Ibanez's I have played (RG AND Prestige) have felt, the necks just feel so fake to me, but thats just my personal opinion. For the build quality and the equipment you get stock with it, Schecter all the way. But, it will all come down to personal preference and feel, so if possible, go try out both guitars and see which one you prefer the most.
Got a question about Baritone guitars? Feel free to PM me.

Thanks to UG, I converted from Metalcore to some "real" Metal.
Go with Ibanez. You can get a lower end S series with the ZR trem, which IMO beats out a Floyd any day.
In my opinion you lose a bit of the shredding ability potential if you choose schecters over ibanez, but schecters are still just as good if not, better guitars. I own a schecter c-1 artist and it sounds great. Just try both to see which youd like.

I hear the trem on the 1570 is pretty damn good though if youre into doing whammy tricks and dives.
Quote by jm11791
Syn played ibanez before he went to Schecter lol.....

it's been said.

Quote by cornmancer
Quote by Mwoit
I highly recommend playing both guitars, the neck dimensions of both are completely different.

Ditto - They're two completely different necks
Schecter C-1 Classic (Antique Amber)
Ibanez JEM 7VWH
Crate Palamino Class A tube combo
Digitech RP80 Multieffects pedal
Ibanez TS9 DX Tube Screamer
Quote by Nemesis75
In my opinion you lose a bit of the shredding ability potential if you choose schecters over ibanez, but schecters are still just as good if not, better guitars. I own a schecter c-1 artist and it sounds great. Just try both to see which youd like.

I hear the trem on the 1570 is pretty damn good though if youre into doing whammy tricks and dives.

Shredding ability is all on the player. Many players may prefer an Ibanez neck, but to say one has a better shredding ability than another is pure fiction.
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."
I don't like really thin necks so i went with the schecter. I got a hellraiser, but i will be looking into Ibanez for my next guitar.
Page 1 of 2