I got given a guitar
and just wondered what make it is etc.
brought around 1976, but has no makers name on it except a model number
which is model no. k155
have a look at the pictures and see if you can help me

looks an awful lot like a Gibson Hummingbird. but timmy is probably right because he took the time to use google.
I'm a Mormon.

Gear:
Schecter C-1+
Kustom Tube 12-A
Digitech Hardwire Tube Overdrive
I'm guessing that this could be a Kay. (As I read on Wiki) Kay closed down in 1968, so it could be one of their guitars.
the pickguard is not original .. it really does look like the pickguard off of the gibson or epiphone .. but you can tell it didnt come with the guitar originally .. classical guitars never have pickguards .. but the guitar really is beautiful
also i dont know if its suppose 2 be a classical or steel string .. but it has steel strings on it now and i would double check that because if its not made for steel string you could be damaging the neck .. good luck with it though =D
are those steel strings? if they are you need to change them to nylon or you risk breaking your neck. believe me, i've seen it happen and it's not pretty.
I'm a Mormon.

Gear:
Schecter C-1+
Kustom Tube 12-A
well i don't actually play it, i play an electric
but my auntie gave it to me and she played it for 20 odd years so im presuming the strings are the appropriate ones for the guitar?
have noticed the pick guard doesn't really sit straight round the sound hole, so maybe it was added later.
K-115 model number is a dead giveaway of it being a Kay guitar (pretty much all the Kay guitars were named like this), which is what I reckon it is.
Double Neck Project - Winner of 2006 GB&C "Best guitar build from scratch", "(Best) Most expensive build" and "Best Idea" awards - FINISHED!

Member #2 of the UG Luthier's club. PM AlGeeEater to join.
the side/back wood looks absolutely stunning.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
Quote by norman_495
you all like it then
:p

if you are asking if I'll take it off your hands then you are right. it still looks like a classical guitar to me though so you should probably take it to a shop and have new strings put on it.
I'm a Mormon.

Gear:
Schecter C-1+
Kustom Tube 12-A
Quote by ortrigger
are those steel strings? if they are you need to change them to nylon or you risk breaking your neck. believe me, i've seen it happen and it's not pretty.

worry more about the bridge pulling off.
"There but for fortune go you or I"- Phil Ochs
Yeah, the peghead, the wide neck, and the bridge definitely suggest that it's a classical. Get some nylon strings for it.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
Quote by Made Of Metal
worry more about the bridge pulling off.

that too. neither of those events are fun to deal with though. like soul power said, get some nylon strings for it.
I'm a Mormon.

Gear:
Schecter C-1+
Kustom Tube 12-A
Quote by el rulfo
http://www.kayguitar.com/products/stdsize.htm
Think I found it, they do have a steel string version, but I'll still would make sure it isnt a classical and remove the strings. What fret does the guitar joins the body at?

looks like it joins the body right after the 12th fret.
I'm a Mormon.

Gear:
Schecter C-1+
Kustom Tube 12-A
If it's a classical guitar why does it have such an ornate pickguard shaped like that?
* Nobody likes WootSticks
Quote by WootSticks
If it's a classical guitar why does it have such an ornate pickguard shaped like that?

one of it's previous owners obviously decided to do a little bit of modification.
I'm a Mormon.

Gear:
Schecter C-1+
Kustom Tube 12-A
thanks for all your help, i think i have what i wanted to know
but you can keep on finding things out or whatever , if you want :P
I took the liberty of contacting a person who apparently has some connection with the "Kay" instrument company, and asked him what HE thinks it is....

Will keep ya posted......
"I was so much older then; I'm younger than that now"

Epiphone EJ200
Epiphone AJ500ME
Epiphone Hummingbird
Washburn J28SDL
Guild GAD25NAT