...but heres another

How do i play this ? Is it a slide, hammer on and pull off or other ?

Canon rock?
Yea, the first guy is right.

Edit: If you don't know what that means, are you sure you want to tacke that song?
Quote by hawk_kst
Maybe he knows how to do it but doesn't understand the written form?

the title says 'noob questions' :s
Quote by HeavenlyVirus
Canon rock?
Yea, the first guy is right.

Edit: If you don't know what that means, are you sure you want to tacke that song?

Yup canon rock. I know what it is but i just usually see 'h' and 'p' so i got a little confused
For a begninner that semms prety hard but yea dirtymexican said it a triple you hit 14 then hammer on to 15 then pull of back to 14 the easyist way to do this is to first finger 14 hit 15 with out taking ur first finger off the note then pull back off to 14.
Quote by dirtymexican863
triplet!

its not a triplet. triplets have a bar and a 3 under it or above
ESP LTD V-100
Fender M-80 Chorus
I dont expect to play it pro right away lol, i just want to get the song learnt in my head for when i get faster. I have the into learnt so far :P but my little string snapped on me, no practise till tomorrow

One of my major goals in guitar is to learn canon rock and cliffs of dover, i know cliffs of dover is very advanced for me and am not even going to attempt that for months yet lol.

Canon rock is the first song i want to learn
Quote by Anzath
I dont expect to play it pro right away lol, i just want to get the song learnt in my head for when i get faster. I have the into learnt so far :P but my little string snapped on me, no practise till tomorrow

One of my major goals in guitar is to learn canon rock and cliffs of dover, i know cliffs of dover is very advanced for me and am not even going to attempt that for months yet lol.

Canon rock is the first song i want to learn

Canon rock is equally advanced, you're probably about a year off being in a position to tackle it. It's not even worth your while trying it at this stage, you could spend months on it and still not get anywhere. Not only that, you won't really have gained anything from it either. You need to spend time simply learning to play the guitar, there's a whoile load of stuff you need to be covering before you go near that song. It's simply not feasible to learn it as your first song.

Here's my handy rough timeline for learning the guitar.

Master the basics, then work on gradually improving your ability level giving yourself realistic short-term goals.

Here's a VERY rough guide as to what's a feasible time frame to aim for. ~I'm only going to list a couple of songs for each "checkpoint" as it were, but you'd learn a lot more than that. I'd say you'd want to know at the very least 10 or so songs of around the same pace and style before moving on.

0 months - ABSOLUTE BASICS! tuning, holding the guitar, holding the pick, fretting notes and chords cleanly so they ring out clearly, picking accurately, in time and not hitting all the other strings etc
|
V
1 month, simple chords, no solos eg:
Mull of Kintyre, Bad Moon Rising, Every Rose Has Its Thorn, Knocking on Heaven's Door.
|
V
4 months, fiddlier chord songs, no solos yet eg:
Highway to Hell, Smoke on the Water, All Right Now, Summer of 69, Teen Spirit
|
V
8 months, less chords, more riffs, go back and learn the solos you missed before try the ones in newer songs eg:
Iron Man, Shout at the Devil, Number of the Beast, Enter Sandman, Sweet Child
|
V
10 months faster songs eg:
Basket Case, Seek and Destroy, Battery, Crazy Train
|
V
12 months onwards and you should be able to guage for yourself what's achievable and what's a stretch too far.

It goes without saying that something like Canon Rock, or any shred piece, comes after the 12 month or so mark.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Last edited by steven seagull at May 28, 2008,