Am I limited to the notes in the scale?..
for example when I use Am Pentatonic Scale, the notes that I should use in a solo is the, A,C,D,E.G/...
??
Well if your using the Am pentatonic, that means your in the C scale. Therefore you can use any note of that scale (A B C D E F or G). Your could even throw in a sharp or a flat here and there to add dissonance
usually you will use the notes in the scale, but don't limit yourself, experement with dropping some other notes in there, it can give your lead's some interesting vibes.
Cream fan club member #11.
No, those are just the most stable pitches. If your just learning to solo, its easy just to stick with those pitches, and as you progress in your playing, you can start playing "out of the box."
I would say pretty much stick w/ the scale, but throw some flat thirds and flat sevenths in there.
build what you are doing around the scale, but feel free do throw in whatever else you want too, though it does take some experimentation to figure out what works and what doesn't.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
No 1 rule of music: Music has no rules, music theory like scales are guidelines.
I sold my soul for Rock 'n' Roll

Quote by CSguitarvocal
you've just proven that you're the most ignorant fuck on this website...

Thank you
Quote by darknessfan
Whenever I sit down to play guitar, I always need to pee in like 3 minutes. Is this weird?

Owned
Quote by ninjafingers
I would say pretty much stick w/ the scale, but throw some flat thirds and flat sevenths in there.

Facepalm. Pentatonic minor already has a flat 3rd and a flat 7th.

Look dude, for now just use the scale. Playing outside of it will come to you eventually. But for now, just stick to the scale.
When you understand the scales fluently, you can "play outside" when you get to an interesting chord or something. If you're in the key of Am, and soloing over the chord of Dm, you can use a Bb as a quick passing tone, same with the chord of F major. Know all your scales.

BTW this is just what I do, and it works to good effect, others may not agree.
Quote by aL13
Am I limited to the notes in the scale?..
for example when I use Am Pentatonic Scale, the notes that I should use in a solo is the, A,C,D,E.G/...
??

well no you can use any notes you want. but you would probably want to come back to a certain scale so that people dont think you are playing random notes. i like to use the pentatonic scale as a "base scale", like a musical foundation. from there, i can add on other notes from the modes or just other chromatic passing tones. if you dont rest on the out of key notes to long, and dont play out too long, then no one will really notice that you are playing out. as long as you come back to the foundation then you can go out and make things more interesting.