Check out Epiphone Valve Jr's.
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.
Quote by cjw6886
Orange Tiny Terror...Sounds amazing.

Agreed. The Peavey Windsor and Blackheart little giant are other great options.

TS, what's your budget? What styles do you prefer to play?
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
Thanks for your replies!

I play a little of everything, but mostly metal and alternative. Price-range: whatever it costs to get the best sound to cost ratio.
You mean cheapest , quality tube amp.. right lol?
And most tube amps are of good quality like the ones in the 200 dollar price range such as Epi. Valve jr., Blackheart(not sure which model), Palomino V8, Fender Champ 600(fave for clean) and others.
sound city are sweet

crates seem good too
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
I'm asking because I can't decide between the Vox AD30VT-XL and the AD50VT. If there's something better price-wise I'll definitely make the plunge.

Thoughts?
Quote by )(yperX
I'm asking because I can't decide between the Vox AD30VT-XL and the AD50VT. If there's something better price-wise I'll definitely make the plunge.

Thoughts?

make the plunge

trust me, you're all apprehensive, leik, how good can tube amps possibly be? then you get one, and would never turn back
if you play metal you could get a blackheart little giant and a seymour duncan twin tube mayhem pedal
Inspired by Ibanez RGA321F Prestige, Gibson Les Paul Standard
Powered by CAA OD100 standard+ , Mesa 2x12
Affected by Maxon OD808, Mad Professor Deep blue delay

Someone correct me if I am wrong, but I think the Vox models mentioned are modeling amps. That is, they are not exactly a "tube amp" in the conventional sense of the term.
Well, if metal is your thing...Bugera would be a solid choice, a Valve King would work well too
╠═══════╬═══════╣

Tap Tempo Tap Dancer of τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

MINION of the"I drive a stick cause I'm better than you!!" Club

PM TehNez or IbanezPlayer27 to join.

EHX Users Guild. Bugera Users Militia
The MXR Lounge
Whatever you get make sure it's got either/both 8 or 16 Ohm outputs on the combo's 'head'. Then you can buy a Tiny Terror and place that on top for versatility and saving some $$$'s.
I got some good guitars, yo.
valveking and orange tiny terror!
Because footstools are cool - UG's Classical Guitarists

[quote="'']Congratulations! You have won the award for the most irrelevant thing ever said in a thread!
Thanks for the opinions.

Between the Valveking 112 and the Blackheart BH5-112 Little Giant which should I get?
Quote by )(yperX
Thanks for the opinions.

Between the Valveking 112 and the Blackheart BH5-112 Little Giant which should I get?

you want us to compare a 50W amp to a 5W amp?
I would vote VK here, also try a B-52 and a Crate V33 or V18. The orange tiny terror isn't cheap, its a good amp but not cheap.
I just got the Epiphone Valve Jr and extension cab and am very pleased. It takes my Boss OD-20 Drive Zone well and I hear most pedals sound good behind the little Epi.

I made my choice between the Valve Jr and Blackheart. I chose the Valve Jr because I like that you have bountiful resources on the net to modify it to your liking (if needed). I have also seen some mods popping up for the Blackheart as well (it is basically the same design as the Epi).

Be aware that the Tone Stack on the Blackheart is a little aneamic in that moving them doesn't give huge changes on the low, mids, or highs. The Valve Jr has NO tone controls whatsoever so today I ordered a Weber Mass25 Attenuator with Tone Stack and will "kill two birds with one stone" and also get the OD tones without the OD pressure levels (read: my family and neighbors wont kill me lol).

I hope this helps you

Chris
Last edited by RCShadow at May 28, 2008,
Well Valve kings IMO do NOT work for metal unless you have an overdrive pedal.
Quote by alkalineweeman
If by "clean" you mean "get a finger right up in there and do a good bit of spelunking" then i guess "at any given opportunity" is my answer.

mah hardcore band
http://monstersvsaliens.bandcamp.com/
I'm fairly certain the VK is for me.

I have a Metal Master pedal and will look at some nicer pedals, I should be all set.

I appreciate all the help!
I found a Valveking 112 with a Celestion G12 T75 Speaker installed. Is that a better speaker than the stock one?
Quote by )(yperX
Anyone know about that speaker?

Its alot better and comes standard in most marshall cabs. Im using them as we speak. Its a decent speaker and more of an all around speaker not the best at any one thing but decent at all of them.
Ok great, it's overall better than the stock Valveking 112 speaker then.