I love punk/ska and many of there incarnations, but due to the whole undergroundness of it all I find it hard to find bands that I like. So punk veterans any suggestions?

Right now I'm really into alot of mainstream bands like Streetlight Manifesto, Bad Religion, The Ramones, Reel Big Fish, Less than Jake, Dropkick Murphies, and my current favorite Riot Before.

So any reccomendations? Also I havn't really come across any good acoustic punk, any suggestions?

EDIT: Also any floridians know some good local bands?
Last edited by TheOperator at May 28, 2008,
The Clash, The Threats, UK Subs, The Casualties, Dead Kennedys, Rancid, Lars Fredrikson and the Bastards...
"A love pirate ? I am no love pirate. What do they mean by that ?"
The Dead Boys, Fleshies, Jake and the Stiffs, Black Flag, Hickey, the Dwarves, the Blatz, Filth, Descendents, Sloppy Seconds, dude there's tons everywhere

If you want to find good local bands go to shows.
I've seen one million toilets...

AND I ROCKED THEM ALL!
Last edited by †death_boy† at May 28, 2008,
"Acoustic Punk" falls under the category of "Folk Punk". Some good folk punk bands/artists are the Andrew Jackson Jihad, Ghost Mice, Mischief Brew, Defiance Ohio, Evan Greer, Ryan Harvey, Tom Frampton, Mark Gunnery, Johnny Hobo and the Freight Trains, Mutiny, and Pine Hill Haints. A lot of people on here love This Bike Is A Pipe Bomb, but I'm not too into them, but you may like them.
And clenching your fist for the ones like us
Who are oppressed by the figures of beauty,
You fixed yourself, you said, "Well, never mind,
We are ugly, but we have the music."
rise against
First Emo of the Bass Militia PM DinkyDaisy to join
Quote by metaldud536
Did your know your son likes to fap?

Quote by Minkaro
I'd rather shove a Pidgeot up my arse than spend any time with Jimmy Page.

Quote by Table Salt
You win for making me really laugh.

add that:
Myspace
Try Homegrown, they were around 2003/2004ish, only released one album but its really good
Bam
Quote by Wil256
Try Homegrown, they were around 2003/2004ish, only released one album but its really good

As in 'Home Grown' on Drive-Thru..? They released 3 CDs if I'm not mistaken.
ლ(́◉◞౪◟◉‵ლ
You'd probably like a lot of folk and pop punk. Check out Screeching Weasel, The Queers, The Ergs, Lifetime(more melodic hardcore), Chinese Telephones, Mr.T Experience, and Bouncing Souls. Most of those bands are pop punk, for folk punk Ska_Wars has a good post. Anyway, if you live anywhere near Gainesville, I've heard it has a great scene.
I'm the same as I was when I was six years old
And oh my god I feel so damn old
I don't really feel anything
Minister of n00b harassing of the Punk and Ska fourm.
Quote by capsfan17, ss311, newyorkdolls138, somepunkkid, johnnynemo, axeslash, BrianApocalypse, mike2, dookie dude, lavazza and pinheadslts75
Thank God for CowsWithGuns

Quote by MattTheArsonist
Cowswithguns is my forum hero.

Quote by UraniYum
Cowswithguns is some kind of god on earth.

Love is never having to say your safeword.
I know but most of these rec threads have like 90% band similarity so going through the old ones couldn't hurt very much.
Minister of n00b harassing of the Punk and Ska fourm.
Quote by capsfan17, ss311, newyorkdolls138, somepunkkid, johnnynemo, axeslash, BrianApocalypse, mike2, dookie dude, lavazza and pinheadslts75
Thank God for CowsWithGuns

Quote by MattTheArsonist
Cowswithguns is my forum hero.

Quote by UraniYum
Cowswithguns is some kind of god on earth.

Love is never having to say your safeword.
Quote by CowsWithGuns
I know but most of these rec threads have like 90% band similarity so going through the old ones couldn't hurt very much.

True, but he seems to be leaning towards something a little different from most of the other rec threads. It is always a good idea to check them before though.
Flogging Molly even though it's technically just irish folk
NOFX
No Use for a Name
Leftover Crack
The Vandals
The Bloody Irish Boys
88 Fingers Louie
Do not sample the frosting, it is mercury, you will die

"We're very sorry but we've agreed, you have to die" - Ozzy Osborne

Beer is good Beer is great, there is no brew that I hate. Hell, even if it's warm I will not hesitate.
If you're after acoustic punk, search for Paul Carter on myspace.
“I smoke. If this bothers anyone, I suggest you look around at the world in which we live and shut your f*ckin' mouth.” RIP
Http://www.Smash-it-up.tk
Quote by StreetLight3989
You'd probably like a lot of folk and pop punk. Check out Screeching Weasel, The Queers, The Ergs, Lifetime(more melodic hardcore), Chinese Telephones, Mr.T Experience, and Bouncing Souls. Most of those bands are pop punk, for folk punk Ska_Wars has a good post. Anyway, if you live anywhere near Gainesville, I've heard it has a great scene.

Though I do love me my pop punk, I was looking for something a little edgier.

I'll check out everyones recomendations and definatley look into this folk punk stuff
some of these may be have suggested already but:

minor threat, black flag, operation ivy, propagandi, the exploited

as for ska, just check out all the bands that have been on Asian Man records, Fat Wreck., and Moon records...oh and Hellcat. Some of my favs are: Mustard Plug, Skankin Pickle, Vodoo Glow Skulls, Toasters, Link80, MU330, wow, just so many. Those were the days.
Pliny the Younger is a good local band out of Jacksonville.
Do not sample the frosting, it is mercury, you will die

"We're very sorry but we've agreed, you have to die" - Ozzy Osborne

Beer is good Beer is great, there is no brew that I hate. Hell, even if it's warm I will not hesitate.
Quote by TheOperator
Though I do love me my pop punk, I was looking for something a little edgier.

I'll check out everyones recomendations and definatley look into this folk punk stuff

They're not too poppy, have you ever heard any of them? I recommend all of them to anybody really. You should check them all out, and also check out some Descendents.
Propagandhi, Strike Anywhere, The Unseen, Leftover Crack, Choking Victim, Catch 22, The Casualties, Dead Kennedys, Minor Threat, (old) Anti-flag, The Vandals, The Bronx, The Arrogant Sons Of Bitches, Big D and the Kid's Table, Smoke Or Fire, Thought Riot, Much The Same and Rise Against. Most have poppier elements. There's a few ska bands in there too.

Also, for folk punk kinda stuff, you could try Bandits Of The Acoustic Revolution, I personally also like Life, Love and the Pursuit of Justice by Justin Sane. Also there's Defiance, Ohio and Bomb The Music Industry!

Hope some of that helps.
Last edited by Adam_Harrison9 at May 29, 2008,
Quote by sk8_punk_Trev
no NOFX?

No NOFX indeed.

Quote by sk8_punk_Trev
and check out Big D & The Kids Table.

Yes.

Quote by sk8_punk_Trev
and The Casualties.

No.
oh my bad. i thought he meant like, punk AND ska, not specifically punk/ska. yeh, nvm nofx and the casualties then.
acoustic punk? never heard ot existed. By the way, NOFX, Pennywise, Rise Against, The offspring! man punk rock bands are everywhere and their awsome.
AGAINST ALL AUTHORITY
you'd like em
they toured with less then jake and reel big fish
i saw all of them in LA
it was rad
music is like candy
you get rid of all the rappers
Quote by actaderock
acoustic punk? never heard ot existed. By the way, NOFX, Pennywise, Rise Against, The offspring! man punk rock bands are everywhere and their awsome.

did you miss all of these "Folk Punk" threads during the last weeks? Or have you been ironically?
Quote by actaderock

Are you kidding me? Acoustic punk exists and is very prevalent right now, learn your facts!