Ok, last night for the first time I re-stringed my Ibanez RG370DXL myself. It's also the first time I've re-stringed a guitar with a Floyd Rose (Edge III to be exact) tremolo.

Basically, this happened:

Incase the picture doesn't show too well what went wrong, the bridge seems to have come out alot further than it should. It's like I'm pushing the tremolo arm down really far, except I'm not even touching it.

What should I do? Leave it alone? Adjust it somehow? Push it back in gradually and hope for the best? (obviously not the last one) But the point is I'm a total n00b to Floyd Roses & Edge III's.

Thanks in advance.
Looks like you put 10's on it right?
ESP M-1 - Dimarzio Super3
Ibanez RG3270 ToneZone/Blue Velvet/Paf Pro
Ibanez RG1527
PRS CE22
Mercer Blackmachine Replica

Diezel Herbert
Diezel Einstein Combo
TC GMajor

Gain Wh0re and Diezel Mafioso
Did you restring them one at a time? Was there a big difference in the string gauge between this and your last set?

Anyway, to pull it back into the body, you need to open the back and adjust the tension of the claw thing in the back. And then re-intonate, probably.
Yeah I think they are. They're really similar gauge to the previous set. I took all the strings off, cleaned it, then put the new ones on. As I knew the bridge would get sucked into the body, I wedged the string packet in there to keep it stable.

I know I should've done it one at a time but the fretboard was filthy and I really needed the strings out of the way to get it alot cleaner. Thanks for the help
Quote by A-G-guitarist
I took all the strings off, cleaned it, then put the new ones on.

When you did this, did you block the tremolo with a tuning block or a pencil or anything? If you didn't...that's probably why it's ended up like this.

The golden rule of restringing Floyds is: One at a time.
tighten the trem claw in the back, all the while tuning until it is in tune and parallel with the body.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
in between the bridge and the body, where the fine tuners are.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Oh, yeah I did that with the string packet (don't worry, it's cardboard, pretty strong too. A D'Addario case).