If you mean the book, it was a great piece of literature.

I haven't seen the movie(s), so i couldn't comment on that.

I had several interesting and exciting twists, including its mutation into a rubber eating fiend!
Quote by fatgraymatt
I love metal but death metal's just a bit too much for me. The most I can get into is serious-illness metal.

Quote by Gibshall
It's hard, annoying, and makes you want to punch a baby.

...With regards to guitar building, so get your mind out of the gutter you!
I liked the book but just like Steve I have yet to see the films. Aren't they making a remake btw? I thought I heard it somewhere...
Yeah the beginning was s**t, but I didn't mind the ending it was ok. My real problem is that they split it over 2 days, that made it way to long for my short attention span lol. A tad bit unrealistic too. Over all I'd give it a 6.5 out of 10.

EDIT: I haven't read the book, hopefully it's better then the movie was.
Last edited by smokin_sarah at May 28, 2008,
I thought it really sucked. Previews looked like it was going to be kinda cool and I was looking forward to it, but I thought it was really lame. Example, all the birds taking out some fully geared up soldiers, I laughed out loud with that scene. Honestly, no disrespect, but it looked like typical American made for TV crap, no hint of reality and way over dramatized, poo-poo. Obviously it was a drama, but I said WAY OVER dramatized to the point that it was really silly, and not a good drama/action or whatever they tried to make it...
Quote by happytimeharry
I liked the book but just like Steve I have yet to see the films. Aren't they making a remake btw? I thought I heard it somewhere...

ya it was on a&e yesterday and the day before, its a new version not done very well, the ending was the best part and that wasn't even that great..
Quote by Caseyizzle
ya it was on a&e yesterday and the day before, its a new version not done very well, the ending was the best part and that wasn't even that great..

Aw, that's kind of disappointing...
Quote by DeanESPJackson
I thought it really sucked. Previews looked like it was going to be kinda cool and I was looking forward to it, but I thought it was really lame. Example, all the birds taking out some fully geared up soldiers, I laughed out loud with that scene. Honestly, no disrespect, but it looked like typical American made for TV crap, no hint of reality and way over dramatized, poo-poo. Obviously it was a drama, but I said WAY OVER dramatized to the point that it was really silly, and not a good drama/action or whatever they tried to make it...

+1 haha i waas thinking the same think about the bird scene
I think in the book, the birds have to be killed because they are gonna transfer the virus or something...
Quote by fatgraymatt
I love metal but death metal's just a bit too much for me. The most I can get into is serious-illness metal.

Quote by Gibshall
It's hard, annoying, and makes you want to punch a baby.

...With regards to guitar building, so get your mind out of the gutter you!
The book was maybe 5/10, the A&E movie was 4/10. I didn't really like either, but I didn't have anything better to do than watch the movie - it was passable, one of those - watch it on a sunday when you've nothing better to do movies, somewhere along the lines of The Substitute.
timeline is a GREAT book by michael crichton
also, i have been trying to find Congo for ages, but i can't see it in any stores
the film was class though
monkeys that rip peoples hearts out if i remember.. i was only 12 or something when i watched it
as for the andromeda strain, if you are going to televise that, you NEED to do it well
it is an awesome story
Quote by ZanasCross
I can now officially say, sex with paolio is not overrated. Best e-sex I've ever had....

The book is one my favorite books. Is the movie out?

^ I've seen the movie "Congo" after reading the book. The book is about 600 jillion times more interesting. Crichton is the best author of his genre. I've read every fiction book he's written.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie