hi,

so i bought a new amp, its a roland cube 20x, and i love the tone i could get out of it. i tried the thing with a guitar with seymour duncan invaders, and i could really get a steve vai tone easily and the chunky riff kinda tone also, which i wanted to get out of my ibanez, when i get home. when i got back with it, i plugged my ibanez s470(with an active bridge pickup, emg 81 alternative) and i just didnt like the sound that much. so im getting some new pickups, im looking into passives, and my prefered choice is dimarzio d activators. i want the pickups to be high output, thus handling high gain distortion(and nail the chunky riffing tone), and have a nice clean, when the volume knob is rolled down(at least the neck pickup). i also want the bridge pickup to have a good bass response(with my mahogany body) and big highs. i was thinking of a x2n before, but it just doesent have the highs i want.. or i could get seymour duncan blackouts, cos from what i hear on youtube, they sound very good. or even the emg 81/60 combo, but i am beter of with passives.. so what do you think of this? is it ok, or please suggest some other combos...
That is really hard to read...

But I'll do my best.

Your guitar is actually a pretty good guitar. Your amp though, is more of a beginners amp. I would really invest in a new amp than new pickups- a new pair of pickups costs more than your amp!
well i dunno, i liked it, and thats why i bought it... and, if i could get the tone i want from another guitar, why not change mine?
I say get a new amp. A small tube combo, like a Blackheart, will cost more than new pickups, but will sound lots better than the Cube. And the EMGs will be able to use their full output and sound thru the amp. You have good guitars, but your amp is definately a problem.
Quote by xtreme2ya
well i dunno, i liked it, and thats why i bought it... and, if i could get the tone i want from another guitar, why not change mine?

Well, if YOU like it, then I suppose that is what really matters. But I must protest...

You couldn't gig with that amp. I just think it would be a waste of your money to change the pickups. You wouldn't notice that much of a difference anyway with your amp. Perhaps you should have taken your guitar with you to try out the amps?
I would have bought a better amp personally (im not saying its a bad amp though). You should ook at higher output Seymour Duncan such as the invaders as you mentioned, and the distortion mayhem humbuckers
It would be more worth your while to buy another amp than tinker with a perfectly good guitar!
The Official "Rockin' Roadie"

-Lakland Skyline 44-02
-Fender Marcus Miller Jazz
-Fender MiM Precision
-Fender TC90 Thinline
-Squier Stratocaster w/mods (1989)
-Orange Dual Terror
-Marshall Valvestate 8280
-Marshall VS412
-Various pedals
well yeah, that would be a good idea, though i cant find any amps that are tube and little in my country.. and this amp isnt for gigging, its just for bedroom playing, and jamming with friends..
Quote by xtreme2ya
well yeah, that would be a good idea, though i cant find any amps that are tube and little in my country.. and this amp isnt for gigging, its just for bedroom playing, and jamming with friends..

what country is that?

EDIT: Checked your profile. Latvia. Somewhere like thomann will probably ship there