Page 1 of 3
Alright, so I've seen SLC Punk and Sid and Nancy, I've also seen a couple documentaries about punk (American Hardcore and The Filth and the Fury), but I haven't really seen many movies about punk music/culture. So does anyone have any good punk movies to reccommend? They can be documentaries or fictitious movies, I'm just looking for **** to watch.
the history channel had a thing about skinheads, that was punk. the ousiders was good but not realy punk, just white kid gangs and ****. why dont you learn a new language if you have so much time to watch ****?
HiMyNameIsMatt
prey for rock and roll
I decided I want to be more like the people on ug...

Searchbar!!!

That oughta do it.

Time for a supercool guitar demonstration by herman li,

Herman Li- why is this guitar so big?

Stage guy- because its a bass herman

whatever you do, do not watch 'rock n roll high school', unless you wanna watch a ridiculously poor ramones film.

Dogtown and the Z-boys? more about skating but thats kinda punk
Quote by boreamor
Ah very good point. Charlie__flynn, you've out smarted me

People
should
smile
more

crit4crit on 'acoustic 1 (with piano)' here

Rate my playing skills please.
(cant believe i'm first to mention)

The Decline of Western Civilization.
Quote by Tab132
(cant believe i'm first to mention)

The Decline of Western Civilization.

If only that movie wasn't IMPOSSIBLE to find.

And you should watch Rock N Roll HighSchool if you're a Ramones fan.
Smithereens had Richard Hell in it. It was so awkward / hilarious. I really enjoyed it.
DOWN&OUT
Quote by surge666
the history channel had a thing about skinheads,

If that's what I think it is, the documentary is called Skinhead USA, it's on youtube. Predictably, it's about a group of nazi skins in Alabama but it's interesting.

If you look up punk or skinhead documentary on youtube you should find something to interest you.

I almost made this thread last night. I was going to ask if anyone knew about any good documentaries on punk that don't a) deny the existence of punk rock today or b) Horribly misrepresent it with ****ty pop rock bands.
Minister of n00b harassing of the Punk and Ska fourm.
Quote by capsfan17, ss311, newyorkdolls138, somepunkkid, johnnynemo, axeslash, BrianApocalypse, mike2, dookie dude, lavazza and pinheadslts75
Thank God for CowsWithGuns

Quote by MattTheArsonist
Cowswithguns is my forum hero.

Quote by UraniYum
Cowswithguns is some kind of god on earth.

Love is never having to say your safeword.
Quote by CowsWithGuns
If that's what I think it is, the documentary is called Skinhead USA, it's on youtube. Predictably, it's about a group of nazi skins in Alabama but it's interesting.

If you look up punk or skinhead documentary on youtube you should find something to interest you.

I almost made this thread last night. I was going to ask if anyone knew about any good documentaries on punk that don't a) deny the existence of punk rock today or b) Horribly misrepresent it with ****ty pop rock bands.

im so sorry to break it to you, this is like telling a mother she lost her son, but punk is no longer with us. i was a responce to an economic and social stage in the UK, thats why it only lived in the UK in a certain timeframe. the clash, sexpistols, etc., they were punk, not blink 182, greenday, sum41. they are ****ty pop bands that make money by pretending to be a misfit. (i do like blink and greenday tho). so im sorry to have to tell you, but punk has been dead probably scence before you were born
HiMyNameIsMatt
Quote by surge666
im so sorry to break it to you, this is like telling a mother she lost her son, but punk is no longer with us. i was a responce to an economic and social stage in the UK, thats why it only lived in the UK in a certain timeframe. the clash, sexpistols, etc., they were punk, not blink 182, greenday, sum41. they are ****ty pop bands that make money by pretending to be a misfit. (i do like blink and greenday tho). so im sorry to have to tell you, but punk has been dead probably scence before you were born

haha

CowsWithGuns knows what she's talking about, you don't.
I'm the same as I was when I was six years old
And oh my god I feel so damn old
I don't really feel anything
Quote by surge666

O_o
So yeah, that was an example of what I don't want the doc to have.
Quote by capsfan17, ss311, newyorkdolls138, somepunkkid, johnnynemo, axeslash, BrianApocalypse, mike2, dookie dude, lavazza and pinheadslts75

Quote by MattTheArsonist

Quote by UraniYum

Quote by StreetLight3989
haha

CowsWithGuns knows what she's talking about, you don't.

well who gives a flying ****? WERE ALL FROM THE TRI-STATE! this is a first for me, ive lived in NY CT and NJ before. maby i voice my opinion before stating the facts, thats me
HiMyNameIsMatt
Quote by surge666
well who gives a flying ****? WERE ALL FROM THE TRI-STATE! this is a first for me, ive lived in NY CT and NJ before. maby i voice my opinion before stating the facts, thats me

That post made the least sense out of any post I've ever seen. There's even a shitload of great punk going on in the tri-state area. We have some great scenes around here.
I'm the same as I was when I was six years old
And oh my god I feel so damn old
I don't really feel anything
Quote by surge666

You heard the man. Everybody out. Now.

Anyway, I'll try and get my hands some of the movies you guys suggested.
Salad Days, to be relevent
Do not sample the frosting, it is mercury, you will die

"We're very sorry but we've agreed, you have to die" - Ozzy Osborne

Beer is good Beer is great, there is no brew that I hate. Hell, even if it's warm I will not hesitate.
Quote by surge666
im so sorry to break it to you, this is like telling a mother she lost her son, but punk is no longer with us.

I'm sorry to tell you this... but you have no idea what you're talking about.

i was a responce to an economic and social stage in the UK, thats why it only lived in the UK in a certain timeframe.

Yup. That's why bands were playing punk in the US first.

the clash, sexpistols, etc., they were punk, not blink 182, greenday, sum41. they are ****ty pop bands that make money by pretending to be a misfit. (i do like blink and greenday tho). so im sorry to have to tell you, but punk has been dead probably scence before you were born

Yes, because clearly we all thought blink 182 and Green Day were sooo punx! Thank God you're here to enlighten us.
Quote by surge666

I also live in this "tri-state" area. And I've seen some pretty good punk shows in my day.
Quote by smokin_sarah
Suburbia from 1984 kinda a sad movie but its definitely punk.

haha I was just about to mention this film, its fantastic.

Quote by surge666

Sh*t...what have I been doing all this time??
“I smoke. If this bothers anyone, I suggest you look around at the world in which we live and shut your f*ckin' mouth.” RIP
Http://www.Smash-it-up.tk
you need to watch another state of mind. youth brigade social distortion and minor threat on a ****ty school bus going on tour in the early eighties. classic. and Punk: Attitude is great too. the henry rollins interview alone is worth it
Punks not dead, it just smells like it...

Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: Sippin on Gin and Juice of the UG Hip-Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati
Quote by charlie__flynn
whatever you do, watch 'rock n roll high school', if you wanna watch a ridiculously awesome ramones film.

Fixed

Also, the 1984 movie Suburbia is a FANTASTIC movie and it's got Flea in his first acting role.
Quote by sargasm
Fixed

But anyway, I forgot to mention, and no one else has mentioned, Return of the Living Dead! It's a zombie movie with a bunch of punk kids in the main roles, whats not to love?! It's a total B-Movie, but I know I personally love the damn thing. It's worth watchin for sure....

Edit:Heres a trailer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wylpeAXYcBQ
If you're a punk, or love punk music, and you also love horror movies it's a MUST.

Repo Man gets mentioned sometimes as well because a punk is the main character, I've never watched it though so I can't say anything about it really.
Last edited by ma)(payne at May 29, 2008,
a couple spring to mind

theres son of sam, set in america about a guy who suddenly becomes a punk an then his image and attitude make him the prime suspect in an on going serial killing case. Its based around true events at the time i think, i remember it being ok

theres also a film called this is england about a kid growing up in 1980's england and gets involved with a gang of skinheads, i havnt seen this one but i think it won some awards an ****

american history x is an excellent film with some nazi punk/hardcore kids in it

also in short circuit 2 johnny5 gets a mohawk
Last edited by FuzzyBear at May 29, 2008,
Has anyone seen Class of 1984? It's about a gang of 'punks' in high school who are out of control and basically cause all sorts of trouble all the time.

It's a very inaccurate portrayal of punk, but it's really funny and campy and worth seeing.
Rodrigo D: no futuro, colombian punk rock movie about a guy who was a punky and wanted to become a famous punk rock drummer, etc.
i do remember watching this one skin head documentary on Nat. Geo and i really liked it because not only did it talk about the rascist skins but it also talked about the skins that where first around and how they werent actually a rascist at all and just a workers movement. I can't remember what it was called
Propaganda does not deceive people; it merely helps them to deceive themselves-Eric Hoffer

Quote by GannonBracewell

CBGB wants to be famous like the others such as Green Day and Offspring. They don't want to be a underground punk band.
Quote by sargasm
I forgot to mention Hard Core Logo. That's a good one too.

Yea! How the hell did I forget about Hardcore Logo, it's brilliant. How can you not love Hugh Dillon?

Quote by kaptink
I forget, was it terminator 1 or 2 with the punks in it?

It's the first one, Bill Paxton plays one of them. Than arny drives his fist through his chest.
This Is England - about skins and rudies, methinks that was the one that Fuzzy tried to reference.

Also guys, Surge666 is actually Iggy Pop.
Quote by BlackLuster
DisgruntledDuck, I wish there were more people like you in the world.

Quote by Jaimz
You Sir, have my utmost respect

I have Jaimz' utmost respect and BlackLuster wishes that there were more people like me in the world!
One time, I was bored and decided to see what was on the gay channel, and there was some movie on. So I checked the description and it said it was about a punk and i think a laundry matte owner that fall in love. I don't remember the name, but I doubt it really had anything to do with punk anyway.
And clenching your fist for the ones like us
Who are oppressed by the figures of beauty,
You fixed yourself, you said, "Well, never mind,
We are ugly, but we have the music."
Quote by Ska Wars
One time, I was bored and decided to see what was on the gay channel, and there was some movie on. So I checked the description and it said it was about a punk and i think a laundry matte owner that fall in love. I don't remember the name, but I doubt it really had anything to do with punk anyway.

There's a gay channel? O_o
It's called Logo.

Quote by MattTheArsonist

Quote by UraniYum

It's like the best channel ever. I watch it all the time. They always show Velvet Goldmine (one of my favorite movies!) which could actually go in this punk category; it's a fictionalized version of the relationship between Iggy Pop and David Bowie in the mid 70s and portrays the early glam and proto punk scene. Tis a damn enjoyable movie.

And on a side note, I found this hilarious video by watching Logo!
DOWN&OUT
Page 1 of 3