Since on little 5 watt tube amps, they usually only have one channel, for example, the epiphone valve jr, could you use a distortion pedal? I know that if you crank it, it distorts on its own but say you wanted your distortion to be quieter or something, would it sound good?
yeh it sound good for me atleast
Inspired by Ibanez RGA321F Prestige, Gibson Les Paul Standard
Powered by CAA OD100 standard+ , Mesa 2x12
Affected by Maxon OD808, Mad Professor Deep blue delay

yes
Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez EX 470 (1991)

Peavey 6505 combo
Vox Valvetronix AD15VT
Danville 1X12 Cab
Kustom 12w tube

Dunlop Crybaby
DOD overdrive(YJM)
Boss Ns-2
PodXt
Dod 250 Overdrive
ye-yeah.

wussup Jaekae! my avatar is awesome thank you much LOL.
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
*fellow LEO feel free to give a shout out
Quote by slash_rocks2005
ye-yeah.

wussup Jaekae! my avatar is awesome thank you much LOL.

hehe no problem

im liking the blackheart more and more each day, soon i get a attenuator also so i can try crank it on the 5 watt :P and some JJ tubes on the way also
Inspired by Ibanez RGA321F Prestige, Gibson Les Paul Standard
Powered by CAA OD100 standard+ , Mesa 2x12
Affected by Maxon OD808, Mad Professor Deep blue delay

LOL. my JJ tubes should be comin' to my door anyday now!!

one of my bestfriends came over today w/ his MIM strat and Crate (SS, one of the newer nice ones) amp and we jammed outside. i cranked my little giant on both wattages to get different sounds. 5 watt cranked was like instant GNR and Rhoads. ahhh it was heaven!

question though, when you crank your blackheart to like heavy overdrive, does it sound at all fuzzy? like mine sounds like it has some fuzz (not when i'm not playing, only on heavy gain). i'm thinkin' it's b/c my speaker still isn't broken in or b/c the tubes are stock chinese garbage. I know it's not the bad monkey b/c the amp makes the fuzz on it's own.

i'm hopin' it's just the speaker breaking in or tubes. but i'll narrow it down further within the next few days
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
*fellow LEO feel free to give a shout out
Whatever tone problems with the Little giant can probably be solved with new tubes.
The stock ones make me vomit. Everyone should get a set of new tubes ASAP for their LJ.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by doubtfull
Since on little 5 watt tube amps, they usually only have one channel, for example, the epiphone valve jr, could you use a distortion pedal? I know that if you crank it, it distorts on its own but say you wanted your distortion to be quieter or something, would it sound good?

yeah, sure, especially if it's a nice pedal. just you don't really want to be forking out loads of money on a nice pedal if one of those little 5-watters is your only amp, as the pedal could end up costing more than the amp... would be cheaper to buy an amp with a master volume/gain control...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?