sorry its bit of a wall of txt but this dude sent this in a message to my band on myspace and i was wondering if i should even get back to him? he also left me contact information. help is greatly appreciated.

Hi guys from 50/50,

My name is John Horgan and I am a Promotional Coordinator for the 1Loud Street Music Guide. I just came across your profile and heard “come Home”. I thought it was a great song. I think that I can help your music get the attention that it deserves. Before I continue I want to ask you a few questions.

1-Would you like to expose your music to hundreds of thousands of new fans?

2-Would you like to expose your music to the people in the media and business that could help you? People like Commercial and College DJ’s and Writers, and Music executives and A&R people?

3-Do you feel that your career would benefit from this type of exposure.

4-Would you like to have your local area bombarded with Internet messages that drives traffic towards your music. How about expanding that traffic driving to the rest of the world at the same time?

If you answered yes to the above I need to let you know about the 1Loud Street Music Guide. I think it would truly help you reach a more national fan base that your music needs to meet.

The 1Loud Street Music Guide is a national music directory designed to put your music directly into the hands of hundreds of thousands of music fans. Part magazine and part EPK, The Music Guide will jumpstart your career by building your fan base and exposing you and your music to a worldwide audience.

The 1Loud Street Music Guide will provide you the following opportunities for success:
Your music will be heard by hundreds of thousands of people nationally
Your music will appear in this music directory, with your biography, photos, and contact information.
Your music will be marketed in ALL 50 states
Your music will be sent to Local and National press with your info.
Your music will be sent to the both Commercial and College Radio nation wide

We specialize in creating national PR campaigns for Unsigned and Regional artists.

When you appear in the guide you don’t just get great publicity and promotion. You also help save lives. You will appear in PSA style advertising to promote drunk driving awareness. You will be a part of the “Ground Control Drunk Driving Prevention Campaign” In doing so you will attract media attention and is draw attention to the number one killer of music fans in America.

Over 2200 bands and over 10,000 artists have both participated and benefited from our drunk driving prevention campaigns in over 45 states.

Please visit these sites for more info:

This is where you can see a Music Guide Sample Edition
Check out http://www. 1loudstreet. com/musicguide/archive/issue1/index. php

This is the official 1LoudStreet website where you can read artist testimonials, news articles, and more….

Check out www. 1loudstreet. com/musicguide/testimonials
Guitars:
Custom les paul copy with sun inlay
Epiphone les paul custom with emg 81/85
Hondo 80's star shape(project)
ESP explorer (project)
Epiphone dr200s
Epiphone ej200
pedals:
mxr doubleshot distortion
amp:
Raven rg100
The way he write those rhetorical questions sounds like her is really trying to sell something. If someone had a genuine offer I doubt they'd need to sound like a bad salesman.

Nevertheless, go in cautiously and why not?
Yes, but don't sign anything till you're completely sure that you will benifit from it...
When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all
yea, i would reply.

until he starts asking for money and stuff...

then its probably a scam
v CLICK v

Quote by musicjunkie207
The time I fell on my face on a trampoline and cracked my neck, then proceded to run around the yard in a blind panic screaming "I hope I'm not paralyzed! OH GOD I THINK I'M PARALYZED!"
ok guys, i called him and he didnt answer. they had a proffesional sounding answering machine message so i said i was from 50/50 and i wanted to talk to him and i left my number.
Guitars:
ESP explorer (project)
Epiphone dr200s
Epiphone ej200
pedals:
amp:
Raven rg100
yea explore the site and everything. then reply to him and dont sign anything or give any money until you are COMPLETELY sure of what youre getting yourself into
is your song actually titled as "come Home" on the myspace i.e. is the first word all lower case and the second capitalised?

if it's like that I'd assume it's an automatic message generated with a script. If that's the case I'd ignore it, or at least not get my hopes up.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Quote by Ghost_bass
ok guys, i called him and he didnt answer. they had a proffesional sounding answering machine message so i said i was from 50/50 and i wanted to talk to him and i left my number.

there you go. they're legit.
Send no money or personal information if you go through with it.
Metal Forum Popular Vote Winner!!!

Quote by webbtje
Quote by dead-fish
And you're obviously here because you fancy Phill.
Phill is a very attractive guy...

"I'm so tempted to sig that, Phill" - Sig it then

Unless otherwise stated, assume everything I say is in my opinion.
right i got a few of these before (mostly for A and R stuff), but u have to see if u would really benefit.

usually they tell u all the good stuff, then they ask for probably a 500 deductible to get you started. one of the best ones i came into contact was for a CD a "company" was making, and I had to give them a 500 deductible, but every cd I sold i could get my money back (had to sell like 100 or something).

but odds are (if its true) bands usually dont benefit. they probably send it to hundres and hundres of myspace profiles, and they might be "famous: over the internet for a day, but nothing really serious ever happens. be cautious
dude, what about an actual solo in death metal instead of that poof from linkin park. Think of Pulse of the Maggots - Bed Of Razors

#1 MEMEBER OF THE OFFICIAL THRASH METAL FAN CLUB (PM URE FAV BANDS TO ME TO JOIN)
Quote by bendystraw
there you go. they're legit.

i cant tell if thats sarcasm....but the answering machine had a lady on it so at least i know its not just this guy.

and the song on myspace is come home not come Home and the title of the message was Come Home so who knows
Guitars:
ESP explorer (project)
Epiphone dr200s
Epiphone ej200
pedals:
amp:
Raven rg100
I got a message from the same organization but it was from a different guy. His name was Daniel Lunn or something like that...but since you got a message from a different guy, and the answering machine was a woman I would venture to guess that this is probably a legit offer.
Now whether its actually WORTH it or not is a whole other matter lol.
My band just got the exact same message with only the name ("Scotty Dunbar") and song title ("We Live On") changed. For sure, it's a scam.
Quote by KRSplat
My band just got the exact same message with only the name ("Scotty Dunbar") and song title ("We Live On") changed. For sure, it's a scam.

thread revival.
Quote by Ghost_bass
i cant tell if thats sarcasm....but the answering machine had a lady on it so at least i know its not just this guy.

and the song on myspace is come home not come Home and the title of the message was Come Home so who knows

How do you know the mail wasn't a chick pretending to be a guy?
Bumped, my band got this mail as well. Our other guitarist called and the president was "out at a photo shoot"
Good music is good music...everything else can go to hell

Gear:
Gibson LP Studio
Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue
Avatar G212H (1xG12H30 1xAlnico Gold)
TS-9 Screamer
Boss Tu-2
Line6 X2-XDS Plus

The Band
"If you've answered "Yes" to all of these questions, just post your bank account details to:

Jose Passilias
23 Honduras Rise
Mexico City
Mexico

You are a winner!"

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Quote by Zero-Hartman
"If you've answered "Yes" to all of these questions, just post your bank account details to:

Jose Passilias
23 Honduras Rise
Mexico City
Mexico

You are a winner!"

He sure sounds like a trust-worthy Mexican!
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
THey arent asking for anything too personal so I wouldnt be that worried.
:stickpoke

Baby, if I were biscuits and you were gravy, I'd sop you up

FIGHT IGNORANCE

"I fear for my flesh, but I fear for my spirit even more..."
Quote by metacarpi

He sure sounds like a trust-worthy Mexican!

Haha he sure is

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Quote by KRSplat

That's a scam name lol . I'm serious though.

TS - you may go and find out yourself that you are under scammage(?). It's really really probably not a real deal anyway. But who knows - maybe under all that scamming, some authentic deals can be made. Your decision, not the Pit's.
Quote by RoamingConflict
This one dream involved me, one random girl, midgets and a pie.

...and midgets ended up f*cking her. I got the pie.

Quote by Ghost_bass

Over 2200 bands and over 10,000 artists have both participated and benefited from our drunk driving prevention campaigns in over 45 states.

wtf?

scam
now extra flamey
If you have any doubts, ask if you can come in for a face to face meeting with the company. If they are legit, then they should have no problem with you visiting and checking it out.

Scotty Dunbar is a real person, he has a
Myspace
and he is on Youtube playing with that guy from Stryper:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UA6X8AHRPiY
I got these just from googling him.

Also, in general, checking things out for yourself instead of reading what's on the internet and taking it in as your own opinion, is a good practice. Anyone can put anything out on the web.
Last edited by music4dinner at Oct 12, 2008,
1. Contracts only in person.
2. He's selling you spam.
3. Let's hear your band.
Quote by MadClownDisease
The way he write those rhetorical questions sounds like her is really trying to sell something. If someone had a genuine offer I doubt they'd need to sound like a bad salesman.

Nevertheless, go in cautiously and why not?

Yes, I concur. This poster made a very good point. He has considered many variables and has come to an inform and intelligent conclusion. Furthermore, he has presented it to us in a concise manner. I agree wholeheartedly with this poster and commend him for sharing his insight.