Anyone know what it is used for? I saw it on ESP Horizons.
Gear:
-Gibson Les Paul Standard 2008 (Desert Burst)
-ESP HORIZON FR II
-Squier BulletStrat
-Marshall MG100HDFX
-Marshall AVT412A
-Fender Frontman 15G
-Digitech RPx400
-Boss (MT-2, MD-2, GE-7, DD-7, CE-5. TU-15, BCB-60)
push/pull?

its basically a knob with a switch on. when you pull the knob up, it flicks the switch.

you can use it to shut off one coil of a humbucker, known as a coil split. or shut of part of both coils, a coil tap
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
^ agreed. on push-push you push it to select it, then push again to deselect.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
You can use it to get the sound of a guitar with single coil pickups. A pretty cool feature in my opinion.
Quote by Cars&Guitars400
hey just askin could you put some on single coil pickups and how much do they cost

You can't. They're only for humbuckers.
Quote by Cars&Guitars400
hey just askin could you put some on single coil pickups and how much do they cost

you can't, and why would you want to turn your single coil into a single coil? seems pretty counter-intuitive to me
Fender Standard American Stratocaster
Boss DS-1
Budda Budwah
Electroharmonix Small Clone
Vox AD50VT
You can coil tap a single coil you can't split them.
Tapping it will reduce the output level and alter the tone slightly. tht way you can have the guitar on ten and play like it is on 6 then hit the switch and the output goes up to give you the niceness. Works well if you do it on a bridge pick up so you can get a nice mellow clean tone and then ramp it up to its normal out put by pushing the switch back in.
The pick up would have to be manufactured with the tap alread in it or else you would have to sit there all week unwinding yours to add the extra wire lead to the middle of the coil.
YA GOTTA HIT IT ON THE ONE
pics of gear updated on profile 11/16/09
^ +1
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?