Page 1 of 2
Well in Social Studies we watched a video on the Maya's.

Basically they're Savage's but thats not what this thread is about...

The were like really good at predicting time with this thing that told time, its really hard to explain...

Like they would predict when a Solar Eclipse would happen.

And in the video it says they were only like 30 seconds off.

But my point is they predicted the end of the world..

Sunday December 23 2012

You guys thoughts, I'm pretty scared about it, I'm sure I'll forget about it in a week but right now it's like wtf only like 5 more years of life?!
yes its true , REPENT !!!!
" Did You know, in Tibet, if they want something, do you know what they do? They give something away."

"Do they ? That must be why they're such a dominant global power."
I thought it was the 21st?

but I thought with a change in the mayan calendar it would have actually been 2007 so therefore, we are fine.

I love mayans.
...Nothing you've ever...
...Planned on ever turned out...
...The way you planned...

...You're still disappointing them...
Don't worry yourself with such details. Although studying such mythologies is fascinating, taking them to heart will only bring you worries. The "end of the world" scenario has been one to plague man for many a century. Theories come and go, yet we still survive.

Quote by ddranthony92
Maya's.

Savage's

The were like really good at predicting time with this thing that told time, its really hard to explain...

You guys thoughts, I'm pretty scared about it, I'm sure I'll forget about it in a week but right now it's like wtf only like 5 more years of life?!

elamanteri skool pls
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Quote by Its_Rock77
I thought it was the 21st?

but I thought with a change in the mayan calendar it would have actually been 2007 so therefore, we are fine.

I love mayans.

Well seeing that they were 30 seconds off they could be a couple days off......or years... haha
Quote by darkstar2466
Don't worry yourself with such details. Although studying such mythologies is fascinating, taking them to heart will only bring you worries. The "end of the world" scenario has been one to plague man for many a century. Theories come and go, yet we still survive.

elamanteri skool pls

I typed "like" a lot because i don't remember everything exactly, When i said there were 30 seconds off i think it was around 33 seconds but i don't really remember so i just put like.
and how is the world going to end?

will we fire a lot of atom bombs? or what
Quote by frankv
Tokio Hotel is probably the worst thing Germany has produced since WW2.

You, sir, are gullible.
Jackson Kelly KE3 w/P-Rails; Aria Pro II TSB-350
• ZVex Fuzz Factory; DigiTech Whammy; Danelectro Fish & Chips; Marshall ED1; Fulltone OCD; DigiTech Whammy; Marshall JMP1; Boss CE3; Vox AC4TV

EMU 0404; Reason/Record; M-Audio AV40
Quote by ddranthony92
I typed "like" a lot because i don't remember everything exactly, When i said there were 30 seconds off i think it was around 33 seconds but i don't really remember so i just put like.

The words "about," "around," and "approximately" are excellent substitutes for expressing uncertainty.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Quote by Mazzakazza
Cool, I won't have to buy Christmas presents in 2012.

you strike me as the kinda person who looks on the brighter side of things
" Did You know, in Tibet, if they want something, do you know what they do? They give something away."

"Do they ? That must be why they're such a dominant global power."
At least England will go bankrupt after the Olympics, so we scabs can get some lootin' done before the apocalypse...
Quote by Robbie n strat
In the changing rooms we'd all jump around so our dicks and balls bounced all over the place, which we found hilarious.

Little children should be felt, not heard.
Is it possible that they just ran out of room on that big ass rock?
Quote by Sir-Shoelace
manliest string guage? barbed wire.

Founder Of the UG Slide Player's Guild, PM me If You're Really Feelin' Dem Blues

THE PIT
"better than your average psychiatrist"
In actuality, the Mayan's didn't predict the end of the world in the sense of doom and destruction. What they meant, or prophesied, was that a great change would occur at this time in history, particularly concerning human lifestyle. I prefer to believe something good will happen that day.

Bonus: Dec. 21st 2012 is the day when our solar system is aligned with the center of our galaxy, that's why the Mayans believed it would be that day.

And they were definitely NOT savages. Hell, they invented the concept of zero before anyone else.
In an interstellar burst! I am back to save the universe...
When the Spaniards conqured the Mayans, they burned most of their writings. We really have no idea why that calendar ended in 2012.

Bonus: Dec. 21st 2012 is the day when our solar system is aligned with the center of our galaxy, that's why the Mayans believed it would be that day.

That's actually already happened recently. Just another fun fact.
Quote by ddranthony92
Well in Social Studies we watched a video on the Maya's.

Basically they're Savage's but thats not what this thread is about...

But my point is they predicted the end of the world..

Sunday December 23 2012

Science, motherfucker, do you know it?
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by Skirvy
WWIII will destroy us.

+1
Quote by FrenchyFungus

Awww, thanks Frenchy

Quote by Cobain_Is_King
I got a packet of Love Hearts when I was six and every one said 'You Have a Tiny Penis'

Hate humans? Click here
I think we watched the same video a while back. I found it amusing that when they went to go visit modern day Mayans, the people so technologically advanced long ago, they were still sitting in their straw huts counting beans on solar charts to forecast future happenings. They haven't advanced one bit in 1300 years. Anyways, I am not worried.
Oh dear god!!!! This is about the 20th thread on this in the past 2 weeks.
Quote by Atomic_Assault
lololololol that was epic andyd93. you just made my day

PROUD EVERTONIAN
^Yeah for real.

Honestly though, why is everyone so scared of the world ending? I kind of want to see the end of the world. I mean I have to die anyway, so at least it would be interesting.
Yeah they stopped their calender there cuz the Spaniards killed them. Hows that?
Quote by saxaxe
YESI love you.

Quote by Wulphy
Ever stuck their finger in their ass, just to see what it was like? I did

Quote by thewho65
My sister has a big ass
It's BULLSHIT.

Seriously, every single predicted date of apocalypse has already passed, and the rest will pass by with nary a broken nose. Humanity will march on its slow, staggering, slightly drunken march towards enlightment, and we'll get there eventually; Provided we don't kill each other first.
Is it a bad thing if one of your testicles is larger then the other two?
Quote by Amalgam
In actuality, the Mayan's didn't predict the end of the world in the sense of doom and destruction. What they meant, or prophesied, was that a great change would occur at this time in history, particularly concerning human lifestyle. I prefer to believe something good will happen that day.

And they were definitely NOT savages. Hell, they invented the concept of zero before anyone else.

BUT CAN THEY DIVIDE BY ZERO?! NO!

Anyways, this man speaks the truth for the most part. Still very amazing how a civilization like the Mayans could predict Eclipses with such accuracy and even the day the solar system aligns with the center of the galaxy. They definatly had a very advanced understanding of astronomy.
i think that this will go the same way as the Millennium Bug. all bark, no bite..

Quote by Amalgam

i believe that would the Indians.

Wikipedia source
Quote by bearded_monkey
Oh man thats amazing, you win midi pure. I don't care whether it's a competition or not

Quote by halvies

could have been 3 's but there wasn't nearly enough exclamation marks to emphasize the anger/disbelief

oh yeah
Last edited by midi pure at May 28, 2008,
i hope the end of the world is sooner than that.
...because the last thing the world needs is another metal guitarist.

Me.

My band.

I like Fall Out Boy. I don't like you.
Them ****s are stupid. Personally i think the world will over-populate the world so much that there won't be enough food for everyone. There's just about enough food for the world minus africa and other un-developed countries. Think about it.
"Even though I've found God, I still love blow jobs, and I still say fuck." - Dave Mustaine

You know, when you, like, you grab a woman's breast and it's... and you feel it and... it feels like a bag of sand when you're touching it.
Quote by Toast1337
and how is the world going to end?

will we fire a lot of atom bombs? or what

Exactly.
Quote by Les_Frederiksen
PlayMadness, you give me hope for mankind.

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Society's doing great. There's a rise of people like PlayMadness. I feel pretty good about the way things are going.
Quote by CowboyUp
Wash away man! Take him with the floods!

Good song
"Even though I've found God, I still love blow jobs, and I still say fuck." - Dave Mustaine

You know, when you, like, you grab a woman's breast and it's... and you feel it and... it feels like a bag of sand when you're touching it.
I'm going to quote what I said in the last 2012 thread. Some of it is out of context, but it basically explains my thoughts on the issue:

ZOMG the olympix r in 2012, nd they hav a torch with fier, so cleerly we're all gonna burn to deth1!!!1!!!oneoneone ZOMG.

There have always been natural disasters, picking out a few recent ones doesn't justify a theory that the world will come to an end. I think it's all bollocks. The Bible doesn't say the world will end in 2012, it doesn't even allude to it, they're just using that as a way to further evidence their ridiculous cause. People often forget to mention that the Mayan Calendar may end, but the Mayans believed the world would still exist, there would just be a large flood.

The planets aligning cannot cause natural disasters, those are a product of the planet's ecosystem. The fact is, the 2012 theory is entirely unsubstantiated rubbish based on a calendar written thousands of years ago by people who were so batshit insane that they tore people's hearts out and offered them up to the sun.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Quote by Kensai
Science, motherfucker, do you know it?

Somehow, I doubt it.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Quote by midi pure
i think that this will go the same way as the Millennium Bug. all bark, no bite..

i believe that would the Indians.

Wikipedia source

I stand corrected.

Ah, of course, the Olmecs, how could I have been so careless.
In an interstellar burst! I am back to save the universe...
5 years of intense drugsand rock and roll interpaused by savage unprotected sex!
make the best of it!
Gear:
Wasburn x-40w/floyd roseOFR
Swineshead venom+warthog pups
Kustom 100 wt quad DFX,Boss MT-2,Ibanez TS-7
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Post a naked picture of yourself with your guitar to join.
Quote by break-me-in
I'm going to quote what I said in the last 2012 thread. Some of it is out of context, but it basically explains my thoughts on the issue:

ZOMG the olympix r in 2012, nd they hav a torch with fier, so cleerly we're all gonna burn to deth1!!!1!!!oneoneone ZOMG.

There have always been natural disasters, picking out a few recent ones doesn't justify a theory that the world will come to an end. I think it's all bollocks. The Bible doesn't say the world will end in 2012, it doesn't even allude to it, they're just using that as a way to further evidence their ridiculous cause. People often forget to mention that the Mayan Calendar may end, but the Mayans believed the world would still exist, there would just be a large flood.

The planets aligning cannot cause natural disasters, those are a product of the planet's ecosystem. The fact is, the 2012 theory is entirely unsubstantiated rubbish based on a calendar written thousands of years ago by people who were so batshit insane that they tore people's hearts out and offered them up to the sun.

Actually the gravitational pull of the planets while in alignment can have an effect on the Earth. Although I do agree that no natural disasters will come of it.
sigh...
Page 1 of 2