Ive been on here for a while and ive just wondered what the hell is with that lol wut pear!!!! Who/why did it start and why are sooo many people banned for it?

Please tell me!!!
Yoda i be!

Quote by lzrdsixsix6
its so much funner doing it with friends tho...........like masturbation

Quote by GrayFoxz
With your post, the pit has its rightful name - the pit, the most lowest place on earth, after a 100 feet of earth and 200 feet of sh|t .
Yep, nothing special really. I cant post it on here, just go on google images and type in lol wut pear or something.
Quote by tymatt67
kinky = using a feather , perverted = using whole chicken.

Yea but why do so many get banned for posting it???
Yoda i be!

Quote by lzrdsixsix6

Quote by GrayFoxz
With your post, the pit has its rightful name - the pit, the most lowest place on earth, after a 100 feet of earth and 200 feet of sh|t .
Lol Que?
Quote by Invader Jim
The questions people ask here makes me wonder how the TS's dress themselves in the morning and can shower without drowning...
it was being posted everywhere and it was annoying so mods decided to ban it completely.

simple solution.

butt(remove this part)secks is censored aswell.

Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Quote by flinny-tar
Yea but why do so many get banned for posting it???

Answer below

***WARNING***

Any memes that the moderators deem offensive, annoying or just plain stupid are against the rules. This includes images such as the 'LOL WUT' pear and the practice of 'Rick Rolling'. We suggest you do not spread memes like this across UG as you may receive warnings or bans at the mods discretion.

There ya go
Quote by innertom
So much down syndrome

remember UG Community? thought so.
Quote by ChristianE
I didnt know Rick-rolling was against the rules, thats dumb, but very understandable
lol wut? did you actually say anything there? if so, please clarify.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
OH now i know the evils of the pear
Yoda i be!

Quote by lzrdsixsix6

Quote by GrayFoxz
Quote by flinny-tar
Ive been on here for a while and ive just wondered what the hell is with that lol wut pear!!!! Who/why did it start and why are sooo many people banned for it?

Please tell me!!!
The lul wat pear is an image people post in many forums (including UG) to express that the original post was confusing, illegable, stupid or non-sensical. It is not offensive. Its about as offensive as saying "gee that first post was really stupid."

It's banned because it first gained popularity of a website called "4chan." Most people on the internet have a prejudice against 4chan (even though the majority never visited 4chan) and therefore view everything from 4chan as evil.

The lul wat pear, in reality, was a post-expressionist piece posted on deviant art by a girl (maybe a guy?) who wanted to try expressionism. Nothing evil about.
Quote by demonofthenight
The lul wat pear is an image people post in many forums (including UG) to express that the original post was confusing, illegable, stupid or non-sensical. It is not offensive. Its about as offensive as saying "gee that first post was really stupid." (1)

It's banned because it first gained popularity of a website called "4chan." Most people on the internet have a prejudice against 4chan (even though the majority never visited 4chan) and therefore view everything from 4chan as evil. (2)

The lul wat lol wut pear, in reality, was a post-expressionist piece posted on deviant art by a girl (maybe a guy?) who wanted to try expressionism. Nothing evil about. (3)
Nice post. Quite informative, but a few clarifications are in order.

1 - Although the pear itself is not offensive, seeing it being posted repetitively is offensive, to both the eye and the bandwidth of UG viewers. Compound this with the fact that the little wankers looked for any and EVERY opportunity to post it, whether the OP was nonsensical or not. It became a nuisance because of misuse. The Mods would have been bogged down for an unreasonable amount of time making judgment calls on which these posts should be deemed spam and which would not. Logical solution: Ban the Pear. I applaud them for keeping it simple.

2 - The Admin of UG has no malice toward any other internet sites. However there have been clashes between sites on UG itself. Best advice regarding other sites: We need not discuss their merits or actions here. UG is it's own entity.

3 - The lol wut pear is a perversion of "The Biting Pear of Salamanca" by ursalav. (female artist on deviantArt) The original is far superior to the perverted version(s).

There has actually been a posting of this on UG that did not result in a ban.
The Biting Pear of Salamanca
It was tastefully, and properly done.
However I strongly recommend against anyone trying to copycat that thread.
That would be considered spam.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
we don't care if a meme originates at 4chan or any other site - it makes no difference. any meme which is overly annoying to begin with (ie. rick rolls), or is overused to the point where it becomes incredibly annoying (ie. the lol wut pear), will be a warnable/bannable offence. it's as simple as that.
from daylight...
...into darkness