Poll: Should I get the Orange?
Poll Options
View poll results: Should I get the Orange?
YES! It would suite your needs!
4 36%
NO! Save for a more specialized amp for metal!
7 64%
Voters: 11.
So on craigslist there is an Orange AD30 HTC for $1100 which is amazing because I have always wanted an Orange and that is an amazing price.

BUT! there is a problem.

I have the money but I was going to use it to buy an amp for metal,
such as a Peavey or Madison.

What I want to know is if I should go for the Orange or not.

I know they can get heavy because I have heard some pretty heavy bands use them before but I just want to know what you guys think.
Last edited by superunknown at May 28, 2008,
Don't bother, you could do much better for the money and you'll end up regretting the Orange.

EDIT: Although I suppose you could sell it on to make yourself a sneaky profit, I dunno what the resale value is like on the AD's though.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
i have and ad30 and a rockerverb 30 head, the ad is like the cleanest amp EVER, the crunch is good for classic rock like the stones or some led zep maybe but anything heavier than that you will NOT get through the ad30 without a distortion or overdrive pedal.

I got the rocker cos it has that kick ass QOTSA self titled tone in it and the eq is pretty goodm it could probs handle maybe metallica or iron maiden heavyness but you wouldnt get anything heavier than those bands.

I LOVE my orange amps but they arent really build for metal. I think the metal bands you said that have used them were probably using a thunderverb but they cost a bomb so as much as i love orange personally, i dont think theyd be what you're after

Hope that helps =)
1980 Gibson Silverburst Les Paul Custom
Gretsch G5445T Electromatic Double Jet
De Armond MT-75
1978 Aria Pro 2 Les Paul Standard (Lawsuit)

Orange Rockerverb 100 Head
Orange Rocker 30 Head
Orange 4x12 Cab
Vampower 4x12 Cab
Ampeg 2x10 Cab

Ain't telling you my pedals!
Actually I just messaged the band on myspace and they said they use the AD30.

BUT they do have a lot of pedals and they definitely tune their guitars very low.

HERE is the band if you are curious.

They are very experimental for a metal band but they are still very heavy.

Plus,
like I said I am much more of a Progressive / Indie guitarist and I don't even know if this metal band will even get started.

So far I am thinking I will get this amp and I am really excited.
Last edited by superunknown at May 29, 2008,
sorry didnt see you mentioned you liked indie, if thats the case GET IT GET IT GETIT!!!

Cool band btw sound like ISIS to me
1980 Gibson Silverburst Les Paul Custom
Gretsch G5445T Electromatic Double Jet
De Armond MT-75
1978 Aria Pro 2 Les Paul Standard (Lawsuit)

Orange Rockerverb 100 Head
Orange Rocker 30 Head
Orange 4x12 Cab
Vampower 4x12 Cab
Ampeg 2x10 Cab

Ain't telling you my pedals!
Last edited by qotsakyuss at May 29, 2008,
For an indie amp it's great but for a metal amp, not so much. There's no point trying to twist an amp into sounding so far removed from it's signature sound. If you do that, then you might as well be buying a metal amp.

But if you want a great indie/blues/rock/britpop etc amp, then you can't go wrong with the AD30.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay