i didn't post in Nu Metal only b/c there's one person in there, and i'm looking up songs right now. i loved a lotta their stuff from Follow the Leader and i'm more into the original sounds like that and 'Blind.'

what is some of their best songs and albums? I liked their early sound, but their new sound is definitely better than their after-old-but-before-new sound.

thanks
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
*fellow LEO feel free to give a shout out
well it's nice to know that the second i leave a section of the forums that i'm regarded as a very helpful person, i'm exposed to the biggest jerks of the next one.

if someone could get this moved over to 'Nu Metal' then i'd appreciate it. i won't get started with any heated words as i'm not trying to start an E-fight, but i'm just really surprised at how many people just go looking for reasons to report.
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
faget, ball tounge, divine and clown are all great songs
MIJ Rhoads Pro '90
Epi LP Prophecy GX + LP Custom Maple EMGs
MIJ Soloist XL '93 =]
MIJ Fender Strat Kahler
Squire tele '94?
Warlock platinum '90? old shape

Laney VC15

Jackhammer
TRADES????
Quote by slash_rocks2005
i'm exposed to the biggest jerks of the next one

We're not being jerks, you knowingly posted in the wrong forum and to me that sounds more like spam than a serious attempt at a making a thread.
hmmm... coming here was a bad idea, I would help you but I'm not very into KoRn myself, but some dicks on here are gunna be dicks about it, as you'd expect, so I'd stick to the Nu Metal forum, even if you don't get many replies, it's better than getting about 50 on here saying '*reported n00b*' which I find pretty childish, but there we go, I can't stop it from happening sorry.
you say you know where you are supposed to post it, yet you don't. and we're the idiots.
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.
accusing ME of spam? HA i would never have thought anyone would think i would be spamming. Alright i see why yall reacted as you did in your own respects, but i stated in the original post that i was only doing that b/c there's ONE person in the other. And just about everyone who's in the metal forum has listened to koRn at some point or another.

that's my only reason why but it doesn't really matter, as i said before, the second i leave the section of forums that i give the most input, i'm looked at like a complete fool and noob.
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
nope, i haven't. and i don't care how many people are in that part of the fourm, it's where you go.
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.
Quote by slash_rocks2005
accusing ME of spam? HA i would never have thought anyone would think i would be spamming. Alright i see why yall reacted as you did in your own respects, but i stated in the original post that i was only doing that b/c there's ONE person in the other. And just about everyone who's in the metal forum has listened to koRn at some point or another.
that's my only reason why but it doesn't really matter, as i said before, the second i leave the section of forums that i give the most input, i'm looked at like a complete fool and noob.

thats quite a broad (and incorrect) generalization
oh and i'm NOT calling anyone idiots The Evil Hat, DON'T put words in my mouth dammit. Although i was a little heated at the initial reaction i'm not going to insult anyone's intelligence on here.

I will go ahead and delete this thread instead of it sitting here on the Metal forum b/c i don't think anyone's moving it anytime soon. I really didn't mean to cause such a ruckus, but all the metal heads here will pretend that they've never listened to nu metal ever and therefor I'M a noob.
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
Wow. Its like he is an aware idiot.

My brain! Its doing loops! Argh!
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,
I’m not ashamed to be white
Vi doede ikke... vi har aldri levd
Barbarism is the natural state of mankind
Civilization is unnatural

It is a whim of circumstance
an unenlightened one
Well, if you look at it logically, why would people in the metal forum know any Korn songs except the popular few? Freak on a Leash, etc.
You are better off posting in the Nu Metal forum even if it takes abit longer to get a reponse, because they will atleast know what youre looking for.
not all of us ever listened to Korn, get that stupid notion out of your head.
all i have to say is that every single person on this forum will eventually be in my spot where they were honestly just looking to get quick suggestions and they ended up being ridiculed. It's apparent that a few of you here do not know the meaning of the word 'Community' and your way of helping fellow musician is to start some kind of flame fest, i'm assuming that you are just so attracted to E-fights that you have nothing else to better attend yourself to.

i'm not gonna defend my (screen) name here on UG in these specific forums b/c i have plenty of people in GG&A who know that i am not a spammer nor an idiot as you have so quickly assumed and would do that for me.

i simply would just like everyone to know that it was MY mistake and i apologize for it, but in no way think that being insulted is a justified reaction. Take your E-drama to a different member please, b/c i'm not going to give you the fuel to your 'fire'. I don't like fights b/c all it does is feed one's ego and that's not what UG should be about so let's have this just come to an end.

Everyone kinda get where i'm coming from? I'm ready to delete this but just wanna know if anyone needs to say any last things to me as i'm sure someone really wants to get their last words in.
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
Last edited by slash_rocks2005 at May 28, 2008,
Quote by dminishedthingy
we don't ask for metal suggestions in the nu-metal forum

+1

That's like saying "Hmmm, there's no one in the blues forum...I think I'll go to the Punk forum and ask there,".
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
For the record, you were the one who started calling people nice names.
Dyer's Eve is awesome, and has an abnormally large penis, which doesn't act as any hinderance to his everyday life despite its freakishly large size.
For unrivaled obedience, user King_ofKumbucha is awarded this spot of honor.
Quote by slash_rocks2005
accusing ME of spam? HA i would never have thought anyone would think i would be spamming.

Don't get all high and mighty you ass, you've said that you're respected in a forum with only 1 other person.

Wow, gg next map plz.
point well taken. i see that people show extreme pride in their particular genres, i have NO problem with that. but i dont want people to assume that i simply see KoRn, RATM, Killswitch, Cannibal Corpse and C.O.B. as all the same genre or anything, i only posted b/c i wanted suggestions while i was on limewire. anyways, i could care less if anyone posted something like GNR in the 'classic rock' forum, i wouldn't go saying "HEY!! GNR is 'hard rock', classic rock is for the 60s, 70s and very early 80s ONLY you stupid noob!"

and your example is not quite the same. Punk spawned off of rock n roll and it's evolution to 'classic rock'. Punk does not have as much borrowed from blues as most other genres do. and that leads me to the next point which is that MY reason for posting in 'Metal' section was that KoRn IS a form of metal no matter how much you wanna cry and whine that it doesn't. Nu metal is a fusion of multiple styles, mostly heavier ones that have all spawned from early metal. So it's not like i was walking into a Golf shop asking for a guitar. but yes i see your point, just don't make it sound like i was pretty much asking a blind man to tell me how many fingers i was holding up.
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
UncleC, what are you talking about? i said that i am regarded as a generally very helpful person in GG&A. i don't know what you mean when you say 'one person'.

there's nothing high and mighty about knowing that you get on the damn internet everyday to help people decide on what is the best gear for them to buy when it comes to amps, pedals and guitars. that's how it is.

and i'm sorry for thinking that more than one or two people in this section of forums would rather take a stab at helping me out rather than taking the immediate reaction of flaming.

it's obvious that you're trying to defend an honor here that i have not tarnished with words in any way. i thank the ones who replied without trying to insult my intelligence for keeping from trying to argue.

yall have a good day now, b/c i don't have time for the select few on this thread that have no life outside of internet battling. have fun with that, if you have more to say you can send me a PM and i'll happily handle it that way. i'm very dissapointed in the nature of UGers in this section and trust me i wont try to venture this way much, much to your liking.
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
Quote by slash_rocks2005
point well taken. i see that people show extreme pride in their particular genres, i have NO problem with that. but i dont want people to assume that i simply see KoRn, RATM, Killswitch, Cannibal Corpse and C.O.B. as all the same genre or anything, i only posted b/c i wanted suggestions while i was on limewire. anyways, i could care less if anyone posted something like GNR in the 'classic rock' forum, i wouldn't go saying "HEY!! GNR is 'hard rock', classic rock is for the 60s, 70s and very early 80s ONLY you stupid noob!"

and your example is not quite the same. Punk spawned off of rock n roll and it's evolution to 'classic rock'. Punk does not have as much borrowed from blues as most other genres do. and that leads me to the next point which is that MY reason for posting in 'Metal' section was that KoRn IS a form of metal no matter how much you wanna cry and whine that it doesn't. Nu metal is a fusion of multiple styles, mostly heavier ones that have all spawned from early metal. So it's not like i was walking into a Golf shop asking for a guitar. but yes i see your point, just don't make it sound like i was pretty much asking a blind man to tell me how many fingers i was holding up.

By that logic we may as well have only two genre forums: blues and classical.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by slash_rocks2005
UncleC, what are you talking about? i said that i am regarded as a generally very helpful person in GG&A. i don't know what you mean when you say 'one person'.

there's nothing high and mighty about knowing that you get on the damn internet everyday to help people decide on what is the best gear for them to buy when it comes to amps, pedals and guitars. that's how it is.

and i'm sorry for thinking that more than one or two people in this section of forums would rather take a stab at helping me out rather than taking the immediate reaction of flaming.

it's obvious that you're trying to defend an honor here that i have not tarnished with words in any way. i thank the ones who replied without trying to insult my intelligence for keeping from trying to argue.

yall have a good day now, b/c i don't have time for the select few on this thread that have no life outside of internet battling. have fun with that, if you have more to say you can send me a PM and i'll happily handle it that way. i'm very dissapointed in the nature of UGers in this section and trust me i wont try to venture this way much, much to your liking.

actually, the only reason there is an "internet battle" at all is because you keep posting. if you'd just stopped posting and deleted the thread, theis particular "battle" would have been avoided
alrite i'll keep the big boy pants all to myself since no one here can drop anything, this has just become an ego fight that's all. i figured i'd just let this fall in the back of the archives and plan to do that.

zaphod in what way am i saying that there's only bleus and classical? i tried to give an example without having to trace the whole 'tree' of the expansion and evolution of rock.

if everyone else would like to go ahead and not post this will prolly fade to the back within a matter of an hour i'm sure. i'm not saying that so i can claim to have last word or anything, im simply not wanting to go on arguing something that no one will remember in a few hours.
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
for being a little boy you sure do like to be big behind your computer screen.

and it's very apparent. i'm not posting anymore in this thread, i guess some people in here haven't matured enough to know how to get along with people. So i'm ridiculed for liking even one band of the nu metal genre but get flamed by someone who likes blink 182 ?

like i said i'm not posting anymore in here, you can say whatever you like about me. anyone with a brain can read through the whole thread and know that i haven't said anything completely out of line, except for maybe in this message if anyone is super sensitive. If yall like fights so much why not just look for threads dealing with people who love MGs and Spiders? hide behind ur computer screen like you do very well at, b/c it's very rare that anyone could talk the way they do to someone in person as they do on the internet. and i have not said anything or really ever said anything on UG that i couldn't say to someone's face.

/my posts on this thread
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
Fine, fine, we're little children, you are better, now get out.
Dyer's Eve is awesome, and has an abnormally large penis, which doesn't act as any hinderance to his everyday life despite its freakishly large size.
For unrivaled obedience, user King_ofKumbucha is awarded this spot of honor.
so what? i don't go around the metal forum proffessing my love for blink-182! we're not flaming you because you like korn, we're flaming you because they don't belong in this forum
(Ha! i got the last word!)