I just bought an imac. And I want to change the settings I don't know how:

1.All the applications are on the bottom of the screen on a sidebar like thing.I want it windows style with the icons on the desktop.

2. The Menu for all the applications(File,Edit,etc..) is not part of the same window as the application. Instead it at the top right of the screen.

3. How do I save a file to a folder? I right clicked on an mp3 file, selected "save link as" then I only got an option to save to the mac hard drive,I couldn't browse through folders.

4. Is there like a wordpad thing so I can write?

Please help
dude get ready for a whole load of crap comments.

in before - sell it and buy a PC
Quote by bearded_monkey
Oh man thats amazing, you win midi pure. I don't care whether it's a competition or not

Quote by halvies

could have been 3 's but there wasn't nearly enough exclamation marks to emphasize the anger/disbelief

oh yeah
Quote by scarlet20

1.All the applications are on the bottom of the screen on a sidebar like thing.I want it windows style with the icons on the desktop.

2. The Menu for all the applications(File,Edit,etc..) is not part of the same window as the application. Instead it at the top right of the screen.

3. How do I save a file to a folder? I right clicked on an mp3 file, selected "save link as" then I only got an option to save to the mac hard drive,I couldn't browse through folders.

Please help

1. I'm pretty sure you can just drag some of the icons ( not all ) to the desktop. If you accidentally delete one just find it in Applications and drag it to the dock. But I don't think you can get rid of the dock. You can make it REALLY small by going into system settings.

2. Yup that's how it always is.

3. You can just drag the file into the fold you want.

4. Textedit... it's in the Applications folder.
Quote by Seef
1. I'm pretty sure you can just drag some of the icons ( not all ) to the desktop. If you accidentally delete one just find it in Applications and drag it to the dock. But I don't think you can get rid of the dock. You can make it REALLY small by going into system settings.

+1 i use macs at college.

yeah, for 3. just drag onto the desktop.
Quote by saphrax
scarlet - Why buy an iMac if you have no idea on how to use it?

I think he just doesn't want to get used to it and wants it to be as PC as possible.
Quote by saphrax
Well people have this capacity for learning that we like to use and try new things.
Quote by saphrax

Yeah, I'm wondering the same thing? Did you know anything about OSX before hand? Why on earth...

Wolfie, Moley, Witty, Dgmey, Grundy
Quote by freedoms_stain
Well people have this capacity for learning that we like to use and try new things.

But he doesn't want to try new things. He wants to make it like Windows, which doesn't make sense, other than that he prefers Windows, which makes this whole purchase confusing.
Quote by scarlet20

Please help

1.Drag em from applications folder
2.You can't i don't think
3.You should be able to
4. Apple + space then type text edit in spotlight

Getting the feeling this is a troll lol
Quote by Seef

That
Out here you've gotta know where your towel is!
Quote by Killphuqdie
1.Drag em from applications folder
2.You can't i don't think
3.You should be able to
4. Apple + space then type text edit in spotlight

Getting the feeling this is a troll lol

Ditto
Quote by Fishyesque
But he doesn't want to try new things. He wants to make it like Windows, which doesn't make sense, other than that he prefers Windows, which makes this whole purchase confusing.
He wants application Icons on the desktop and applications to have their own file bar, it's not like he's demanding a start bar and Vista aqua blue theme.
If you changed all those things to how you want them, you would have Windows.

It would defeat the purpose of the interface of the Mac.
Quote by Les_Frederiksen
PlayMadness, you give me hope for mankind.

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Society's doing great. There's a rise of people like PlayMadness. I feel pretty good about the way things are going.
Quote by freedoms_stain
He wants application Icons on the desktop and applications to have their own file bar, it's not like he's demanding a start bar and Vista aqua blue theme.

Quote by PlayMadness
If you changed all those things to how you want them, you would have Windows.

It would defeat the purpose of the interface of the Mac.

My thoughts.
Get Parallels Desktop or Boot Camp and you can run Windows through your Mac if you really want.