*I'm looking to get an amp, which will help me in my quest of obtaining a sound somewhere between The Libertines and Arctic Monkeys. Any suggestions?
>Budget doesn't matter as i will save up.
>My guitar is a Fender American Deluxe Telecaster.
yah a JCM800
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
tiny terror!!!!

or

hotrod deluxe
laney VC
rocker 30
vox AC

EDIT: peavey classic 30
sound city
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
Vox AC30
MM Stingray
MIA P Bass
MIM Jazz Bass
GK 700RB-II Head
GK 410SBX Cab
Sansamp 3 Ch. DI
Crybaby Bass Wah
Bass Big Muff
DD3 Delay

MIA Strat
Nashville Tele
Martin 00015M
Hot Rod Deluxe
Big Muff
DS1
Hendrix Crybaby Wah
^ that's what i'd have thought. or even a fender tube amp... though those bands are british, they don't really "sound" british, at least in the classical sense of the word (roaring marshalls)...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
- Almost any Marshall or Orange amp.
- Budget Telecaster.
- Turn the Bass and Gain down to almost off, keep Mids in the middle, pump Treble to the top.
- Get floppy haircut which looks messy as if you don't care, but actually took you two hours and a tub of wax to get right.
- Get skin-tight drainpipe jeans.
- Random barre chord between the 7th and 13th frets.
- Strum like crazy in no particular pattern.
- Sing with a faked 'poor northerner' accent and try to look as under-nourished as possible, even though you're actually middle-class and have had almost everything handed to you.
- Congratulations, you are now every British rock band that's appeared in the last six years.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Quote by MrFlibble
- Budget Telecaster.
- Turn the Bass and Gain down to almost off, keep Mids in the middle, pump Treble to the top.
- Get floppy haircut which looks messy as if you don't care, but actually took you two hours and a tub of wax to get right.
- Sing with a faked 'poor northerner' accent and try to look as under-nourished as possible, even though you're actually middle-class and have had almost everything handed to you.
- Congratulations, you are now every British rock band that's appeared in the last six years.

way to be an asshole
Quote by MrFlibble
- Budget Telecaster.

Baha
sounds about right

But yea, go marshall or Orange.
Tiny Terror i'd say

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
way to be an asshole

He has got a point though.
Out of all the "indie" bands that have come about lately, i could probably count the one's that can actually play guitar on one hand.
Quote by MrFlibble
- - Get floppy haircut which looks messy as if you don't care, but actually took you two hours and a tub of wax to get right.

that's the best noob post in a while...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by TomR
He has got a point though.
Out of all the "indie" bands that have come about lately, i could probably count the one's that can actually play guitar on one hand.

no he doesnt, he generalized an entire genre in one statement. i'd hazard a guess that he doesnt like the genre in the slightest and hasnt bothered to look at it or listen to the music before slating it

i could name dosens of indie bands with guitarists
Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
no he doesnt, he generalized an entire genre in one statement. i'd hazard a guess that he doesnt like the genre in the slightest and hasnt bothered to look at it or listen to the music before slating it

I think he meant who can play guitar well when he put 'can play guitar'.
Though that doesn't make it right, just leave the genre bashing out
Quote by jxljxl
If UG had a Facebook style Relationship thing, I'd e-marry you C-mak

Quote by jxljxl
I want C-mak in my bum.

^Think he might have a thing for me...
Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo

STEVO

Joke

Other examples:

Prog songs are all 40 minutes long with extended drum solos.

Metal is all blast beats and growls drop tuned down 9 octaves.

Funk always has wah.

etc.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
^ agreed. it was a joke- granted a bit of a bash, but it was still funny. i admit i'm not much a fan of newer indie, but i can also laugh whenever people say that 80s metal is just posers in tight spandex with pink pointy guitars and backcombed hair...
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by MrFlibble
- Budget Telecaster.

Haha! that is classic! Made me laugh loudly!!
Framus Cobra
Marshall JCM 900
peavey 5150

Mesa 4x12
get one of these..
if you can a marshall jcm 800 2203.will set you back around 1 g depending on the condition.then youll also need a cab.

laney gh50l

laney aor sets you back 400 at most.
Quote by TheIronTrooper
get one of these..
if you can a marshall jcm 800 2203.will set you back around 1 g depending on the condition.then youll also need a cab.

laney gh50l

laney aor sets you back 400 at most.

Probably not the best suggestions for his genre...
You probably want something with nice cleans - I'd suggest something along the lines of an AC30 or similar, probably with a dirt pedal of some sort - MXR Distortion + maybe?
Quote by jxljxl
If UG had a Facebook style Relationship thing, I'd e-marry you C-mak

Quote by jxljxl
I want C-mak in my bum.

^Think he might have a thing for me...
Quote by Bostonrocks
yah a JCM800

Not remotely.

Vox AC30 or an Orange Rocker, depending how much gain you want.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by Dave_Mc
^ agreed. it was a joke- granted a bit of a bash, but it was still funny. i admit i'm not much a fan of newer indie, but i can also laugh whenever people say that 80s metal is just posers in tight spandex with pink pointy guitars and backcombed hair...

Yeah, because we all know that's not true.

...They all had hair like this:

Last edited by mr_hankey at May 28, 2008,
Quote by kckyle
oh man they look like chicks lol

That's my argument whenever anyone says hair metal is gay.

My Music
Quote by Dave_Mc

I'm also a big fan of older indie too, i love all sorts of music.
Well the Arctic Monkeys use Orange so if that's what you're looking then maybe that's the way to go.
"Make my funk the P-Funk, I want my funk uncut"
Quote by jambi_mantra
James, are you God?

Fender Highway One Tele
1985 Encore 335
Takamine EG523sc
Laney VC15
Vox V847
MXR M-108
EHX Q-Tron+, Big Muff Pi, POG
MI Audio Crunch Box
Yamaha DTXplorer DrumKit
^ Yup one of their guitarists used to use an Orange AD30 head so it should get quite close to the Arctic Moneys ... although it will set you back close to £1,000...
Are the Rivera amps even seen in Europe?
Tom Anderson Hollow Classic
72 thin line tele

Barber trifecta fuzz
Mi audio Crunch Box
Clyde Wah
Barber Burn Unit
Ocean efx Texas deuce
Boomerang chorus delay
Barber ltd

1971 Pro reverb
Fender acoustasonic
Fender super champ xd
Quote by modernp
Are the Rivera amps even seen in Europe?

Not often, but if it's any consolation we can hear you shouting about how awesome they are from a different continent.

My Music
Thanks that comment made me smile.Have a great day.
Tom Anderson Hollow Classic
72 thin line tele

Barber trifecta fuzz
Mi audio Crunch Box
Clyde Wah
Barber Burn Unit
Ocean efx Texas deuce
Boomerang chorus delay
Barber ltd

1971 Pro reverb
Fender acoustasonic
Fender super champ xd
Quote by mr_hankey
Yeah, because we all know that's not true.

...They all had hair like this:

Quote by steven seagull
Vox AC30 or an Orange Rocker, depending how much gain you want.

agreed. vc30, as azrael said, would be worth a look if you can't stretch to those.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?