I mainly play metal, but the guitar should be versatile enough to play other styles occasionally as well. Metallica, Testament, Pantera kind of thrash is the main focus, but I also like slower and more progressive stuff like Agalloch and Opeth.
Has to have:
-good stock pickups
-low action, neck-through body
-no tremolo system
-cost up to 850 euros ($1300 i guess)

I do like the Schecter Hellraiser, but wha'ts up with it having 81/89 instead of 81/85 now?

I'm open for suggestions so fire away!
mm if you only go for neck thru builds then you are at risk of getting a guitar that may not have the tone that you would expect from a "mahoganny" made body for example
Quote by Flying Couch
Carvin?

+1 that way you could get a neck thru from the woods that will suit you best instead of a blend of different body and neck woods
Quote by Flying Couch
Carvin?

This.

Although like the above said, a shit amp will do a good guitar no justice at all.
Quote by AztecStatue

I do like the Schecter Hellraiser, but wha'ts up with it having 81/89 instead of 81/85 now?

I'm open for suggestions so fire away!

The 89 is the 85 but with an option to go into single coil mode. if you ask me thats better than the standard 85 just so you can get a bit more sound wise with that option.

other guitar options would be try looking into ibanez. they dont make it anymore but my iceman IC400 is stellar and was only 800 bucks (its the giger model too)
the hell raiser has the 89 instead of the 85 because it sounds exactly like the 85 but has a coil tap that makes it sound like an EMG SA single coil
Out here you've gotta know where your towel is!
gibson les paul standard, and change the tuners to grovers. I done that with mine and it is an amazing guitar
get an ibanez there great for both an Ibanez XPT700 are pretty cool wicked shape great to play ive played one or just get a super strat ibanez liek the RG350DX there really good i have one
Ibanez SZ prestige? They should fit your requirements if memory serves.
Thanks for all the feedback so far guys.

At the moment I've got a Roland Cube 30X but I'm going to buy a better amp anyway in the near future.

So the Hellraiser with 81/89 is as good as if not better than with 81/85...awesome! My friend has got the FR version and it kicks ass, although I would be buying the one without the floyd.

Btw, what do you think of the Ibanez S470DXQMCN ?
Quote by Flying Couch
Carvin?

+1

Quote by RichieKotzen
Would be better than any Carvin

In your opinion, not mine .
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Carvin do custom guitars only in the US and Canada or am I mistaken? I live in Europe.
Quote by AztecStatue
Carvin do custom guitars only in the US and Canada or am I mistaken? I live in Europe.

Oooo misleading thread title .
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Quote by FacingUsAll
Oooo misleading thread title .

Since most people here seem to be from the US I thought it would be easier, stupid me.
Many thanks T!AN !

I checked out the X50 series and the X50 Pro FE seems to have everything spot on for me...well, except it doesn't have fret markers, I've never played a guitar without them before.

Anyways I'm probably going to check it out tomorrow, to see how it feels. Also cheaper than a Hellraiser, at least where I live. Damn, just realized how overpriced Schecters are in Europe.
Carvin or ESP horizon NT used.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
The Gibson SG Standard. The 490T/490R pickups in those are amazing. It's very light weight, great action. Or a PRS would be a good guitar to go for.
"Ignorance runs rampant through this virus we call life, dead one day, alive the next, never breaking a stride. As I take it all in and realize, nothing we do can stop it, I release the hatred from my eyes, only to feel it within."
Ibanez RGT series. Fixed bridge, neck-through and WIZARD NECKS!
Why you reading this?
Quote by 742627000017
I use my thumb and my johnson

Quote by deanexplosion99
idk what the keys are for but the reason i think its for the floyd rose is because its called floyd rose double locking

Quote by niggafolife
i iz hurr tuh spek da troof abowt muzik