I couldn't find a good setup guide here on UG, maybe there's one but I didn't find it.

If anyone knows of a great one either on the internet or on UG, can you post a link or something. I'm a newb at setting one up, but I can't justify giving a tech 80 bucks to do it for me.

Thanks
If Rock is a lifestyle, then Metal's an addiction

"People don't kill people with giant boulders"
"They will if you take away their assault rifles"

Quote by Gee-tar-eist
I wouldnt give a ****, i would gladly play music for people to steal it!
its really not as hard as everyone thinks it is, its just a matter of balancing the string tension with the spring tension in the guitar
uhh its really easy
think of it this way:
once your guitar is tuned, the FR should be parallel to the body of your guitar

to achieve this there needs to be equal tension between the springs in the back and the strings of your guitar

once in tune if the FR is leaning back it means the springs in back are too tight
depending on how far back it is, give each screw a good half turn or so counter clockwise

it its leaning forward, there isnt enough tension in the springs
give each screw a half turn or so clockwise

its a pain in the ass to keep retuning, but thats really all there is to it
Yea, I know the basic idea here, but there's a bunch of aspects that go into that, and I'm not experienced enough to really get it done you know.

Anyway I'm planning on spending like a day to get it all hammered out. I'm quite new at this, and I wanted just a comprehensive guide, kinda step by step, just so I don't end up having to buy a bunch of strings and stuff.

Thanks for the OFR site reference, I didn't even think of looking there, dunno why.

EDIT: the ofr site looks helpful, but I already have the thing dissasembled, since I figured the best way to learn the thing in and out was to put it all together again.

Quote by Gee-tar-eist
Last edited by strat212 at May 28, 2008,
isnt there a sticky in 'guitar' forum about this ?
EPIPHONE LES PAUL
IBANEZ S SERIES CUSTOM
VOX AD30VT
Quote by Øttər
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=614226

How hard did you look? Search is your friend child.

um, I searched a bunch of things, with different keywords and stuff.
thanks.

EDIT: by the way. thanks a lot . I just checked that out, and I don't think I ever would have found it, cause I pretty much searched all that came to mind. That thing is pretty helpful.

Quote by Gee-tar-eist
Last edited by strat212 at May 29, 2008,