There was a sad little thread on these guys, but I figured they were worth a new one.

Evoken are an American Doom/Death band, and they rule. I highly recommend their albums 'Antithesis of Light' and 'A Caress of the Void,' but its hard to go wrong with anything in their discography.

For fans of slow, heavy, and depressing stuff. My Dying Bride, Swallow the Sun, Ahab, etc...

Token Myspace Link

Listen and discuss.
I was contemplating making a thread on them awhile back, but I forgot.

But anyways, Antithesis of Light = fucking crushing. Great stuff.
They remind of this Funeral Doom band I used to listen to, Forgotten Tomb . Good Find Man.
He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you... - Abomino Aetas
Last edited by slayerbizkit at May 28, 2008,
"Sounds Like The long, cold nails of death slowly being hammered into your coffin's lid....... "

I kind of lol'd. Then I figured out how scared I was.

This shizzle's badass.
Quote by slayerbizkit
They remind of this Funeral Doom band I used to listen to, Forgotten Tomb . Good Find Man.

Forgotten Tomb aren't FD in any way shape or form. Still good,..

And Evoken absolutely own. They remind me of Paradise Lost at times actually, in the riffing styles. Great ambience, they craft the songs really well, and probably one of the better percussion sections amongst those bands too.

“Who are you then?.."
"- I am part of that power which eternally wills evil and eternally works good.”
KULTURKAMPF
lastFM
No posts since May 2008? The feck?

Huge bump for Antithesis of Light. Great funeral doom.
I've found Jesus
Great band!,total dISEMBOWELMENT and Thergothen worship in the best way possible! Really solid discography,i think Embrace The Emptiness is my fave by them.Antithesis of Light would second because of those awesome blast beats in Solitary Ruin.I like how they do funeral doom in a more evil/death metal influenced in compared to stuff like Skepticism(though that style is bad ass also).
Quote by Steve08
Acid probably makes you feel less like a hedonistic raver piece of trash, too.

I think it was this band and Ahab that got me into Funeral Doom and other kinds of extreme doom. Good band, Antithesis of Light is a great album for the genre.
Schecter C-1 Classic Raven RG20 + Digitech RP50

Man, I could go for a 7 right now...
Listening to Embrace The Emptiness right now and must say, everyone should give this album a listen.Especially at night walking down a dark alley,the atmosphere is unbelievable! Great dark melodies and crushing rhythm work.
Quote by Steve08
Acid probably makes you feel less like a hedonistic raver piece of trash, too.

Anyone would be interested in a guitar pro tab for the song "Antithesis of Light"? It's almost finished and I may consider uploading it to the site.
Nice band. I have not given them a listen in quite a while.
Quote by beadhangingOne
Are you talking about those weird sphincter-spasms where it feels like there's a ghost dick in your ass for a little while and then it just disappears?
Quote by Frankcool
Anyone would be interested in a guitar pro tab for the song "Antithesis of Light"? It's almost finished and I may consider uploading it to the site.

forgive the bumb, but i have searched far and wide for tab of said song and it would be awesome if you could upload it