hey UG.
here is a list of everything i was going to get this summer.

-New pups for my strat
-5 watt tube amp. (either champion 600 or blackheart
-build fuzz face
-get a firewire interface, a small mixer, and a few mics
-get some type of univibe pedal
-begin to buy used parts for a strat or tele rebuild

however, now i am going through some serious personal stuff, and my hard earned money has more important stuff to go to. So im trying to narrow down stuff and only get what i most need.

My rig is in my sig. (hey that rhymed. im a poet and didnt know it.) I play alot of blues, jazz, old school RnB, as well as blues-rock and southern rock, and some country. so pretty much everything thats blues-infused. im also in a "christian-rock" band that plays out every weekend and even gets some radioplay. our sound is very classic rock, sort of GnR meets SRV. So basically im thinking i should go for things that will improve my live sound, so probably pickups for my strat and a pedal. but im not sure. i was planning on doing a solo album this summer, because i need a way to get my music out. ( i enjoy playing in the christian band, its a good way to get some kids to not make the mistakes that i made, but it doesnt offer me much as far as artistic satisfaction, as its not really my kind of music) so i realy want to get the recording stuff i listed. i already have a macbook pro with many many recording/sequencing programs on it. its about time i use this computer for more than checking my email haha. but im asking for advice from my UG friends. basically give me your reccomendations. what ever they are. maybe you even have something else to say. maybe something that i didnt think of. anyway, thanks alot for your help. have a nice day.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
id go for the champion for the amp or if u are loaded get a cornford harlequin or bad cat mini 11(2)
I wouldn't spend a dime towards a rebuild and any of that stuff, and I would skip the univibe - you can get a Behringer Xenyx or some other small home-studio mixer for cheap, or you can get that Phonic Helix mixer with built in firewire interface, but mics cost $$$, and obviously pups cost some $$$ depending on what you get. So I'd do:

Phonic Helix Firewire Mixer (whatever the smallest one is)
Mics
New Pups if you're sure it matters
Tube Amp (why 5-watt? Do you mic it, I assume?) - you need bigger if you're depending on it to be heard over a live drummer, without a P.A.

I actually use an MBox Mini via USB into my MacBook Pro and it works great, all the recordings in my profile are from a POD into a Mackie mixer into the MBox mini, right into Pro Tools, and I don't spend any effort or $ on mics, or worry about driving the tubes loud enough, or whatever.
Maybe a bigger amp than the blackheart, 5W isnt rly alot for being ina band
My Gear:
Jay Turser Warlock
Baraccuda Strat
Takamine EG523SC
Samick Acoustic
Vox AD50VT
Boss DS-1
Boss CS-3
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
guys the 5 watt amp is for home practicing and some recording. i have bigger amps for live. in my sig.
Quote by BryanChampine
Chea_man is the best.
i love the blackhearts..though i do not own one because i went with a fender twin to play over drums and such. If i didnt have other things to purchase at the moment i would buy one as a room amp.
people with large sig's are clearly compensating for something.
Quote by sdhupelia

I actually use an MBox Mini via USB into my MacBook Pro and it works great, all the recordings in my profile are from a POD into a Mackie mixer into the MBox mini, right into Pro Tools, and I don't spend any effort or $ on mics, or worry about driving the tubes loud enough, or whatever.

i like firewire because you can get true multitrack recording with it. and pods arent so good for traditional blues and jazz, and dont help when recording drums. i have always wanted one for days that im bored to just play around with though.
Quote by BryanChampine
Chea_man is the best.
yeah thats actually a good idea. i could sell the epi, get the what you said plus be able not feel guilty about geting pickups too. thanks
anyother suggestions?
Quote by BryanChampine
Chea_man is the best.
im going to go to bed. heres a little bump to keep it alive for tonight.
Quote by BryanChampine
Chea_man is the best.