Well for my Birthday I'm geting a new guitar. Price range about 100-450 .Some bands i like are red hot chili peppers,modest mouse,usually sounds that are clean and heavly effected(sometimes).I'm thinking between of a tribute 500s by g&l strat or agile 3000 or a MIM strat. right now I have a epi les pual custom which would be a step up? I'm geting a peavy classic 30 soon. I DON'T PLAY WITH DIST AT ALL. sometimes a with overdrive tho. meaning it doesn't have to handle dist well. back
epi les pual custom
ad15vt > for sale
valve jr head and cab
bad monkey
Last edited by sebisbest at May 28, 2008,
I've been a fan of Modest Mouse and RHCP and I've found one thing. Hollow bodies replicate the sound very well for Modest Mouse, and on the "new" album, he plays an electric 12 string. But play the 2 you're debating between, just mess around, and see which one sounds good, Or, go into Guitar Center, and grab random guitars and play them.
I love Foxy Shazam more than you.

▲ ▲

Can't try the agile 3000 keep posting and recommanding I'm going to church and coming back later so just post and I will see later ok?
epi les pual custom
ad15vt > for sale
valve jr head and cab
bad monkey
Last edited by sebisbest at May 28, 2008,
Go for a hollow body or a strat, a standard strat fits within your budget
Manchester United
well i don't think you need another les paul style, since the epi LP custom is a pretty good guitar.
i would go with a strat.
Guitar:
Schecter Omen 6 (Dimarzio X2N & Tone Zone)
Amps:
Engl Fireball
Genz Benz G-Flex 2x12 Cab
I recently bought a MIM HSS Strat and I am very happy with it. For what you play, you might not need the humbucker, but a normal Strat would do the trick.
Fan of the Ottawa Senators

Quote by apak
My G string keeps slipping when i bend it.
Any suggestions?
fender mim strat ftw

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

Anything at that price will be more of a step sideways than upwards from your LP custom, so you may aswell get a semi-hollow or strat style guitar.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
anything specific strats/hollow bodies I should try to play?
epi les pual custom
ad15vt > for sale
valve jr head and cab
bad monkey