so i guess from playing guitar and weightlifting i ended up getting a ganglion cyst on the top part of my wrist. pain isnt too intense but feels like i sprained my wrist and its only been there for about 8 hours. i was wondering if anyone has had any of these and if they get to be painful. i dont want it stopping me from playing guitar or lifting weights. i had a staff infection before and it was the worst f-ucking pain ive ever experienced so im hoping this wont be as bad
I think I might have cancer on my balls.

I recommend seeing a doctor, as will I.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
you seem to get alot of things dont you so only thing i can suggest is...

a bar of soap

lame i know
Im quite proud of that LOL

Quote by Unreal445
i found it funny that the pit reported it faster than sky news

Beneath The Fallen
look up treatment on the net, if it persists see a doctor. i am a fellow weight lifting guitar player and i worry about this **** too.
...because the last thing the world needs is another metal guitarist.

Me.

My band.

I like Fall Out Boy. I don't like you.
Quote by LeeSmellyFinger
you seem to get alot of things dont you so only thing i can suggest is...

a bar of soap

lame i know

Or Possibly Search Bar of Soap?

but seriosly see a doctor.
Now adays everyone googles their symptoms and ive got news for you...chances are its not what you think. so see a doctor, please. (no offense to you...just speaking to everyone in general)
people with large sig's are clearly compensating for something.
go see a doctor. best way to get rid of it is with surgery. trust me, i'm from a family of doctors.
Call me Jack.
All that you love...
...you must love now.
My Gear:
PRS Custom 24
Standard MIM Tele
Larrivée LV-09E
Rivera Clubster 45 112 Combo Tube
Boss ME-20 Multi-effects pedal
Boss OC-3 Super octave pedal
My own home-made octave-up pedal
Yeah you can smack it and it will pop, but it will just come back. I've had a total of 3 cysts, 2 separate ones on my right wrist and one on my left, surgery will take care of em for ya. And as far as pain goes, if its really right on the joint of your wrist then yes once it gets bigger it will start to hurt and prevent you from doing things, if its more on your hand it will just be a minor discomfort and freaky looking.
question - i have a show next saturday june 7th. i want to wait at least a day or two and see what happens to the cyst. so lets say i wait a few days and get surgery or get it drained whatever this weekend, would i be good to play guitar by june 7th?
my sister had the same thing on her wrist. DONT pop it. go to the doctor and you probably will need surgery before it gets any worse. Hope its ok man
Quote by nine01n
question - i have a show next saturday june 7th. i want to wait at least a day or two and see what happens to the cyst. so lets say i wait a few days and get surgery or get it drained whatever this weekend, would i be good to play guitar by june 7th?

You could search for similar topics, I'm not even saying you have to use google - however easy that might be, there have been several threads on ganglion cysts in the past. In my experience you won't need surgery/drained, I've had 4 or 5 in the past 5 years and have subsequently burst them all. Some have been kicked, I took a bad fall and burst another, the most recent (6 months or so ago) I just pressed until it burst. There is very little pain involved if you do it quickly and it will save you hundreds of dollars, I've had a doctor friend do the same thing to the very first that I had. If you burst them they may come back several months down the road, if you get them drained it's something like 50% chance recurrence. Surgery will put you out of action for at least a week but the recurrence is down to about 10%.