hi
i was looking for some chords progression on web
and i found this

key : i ii III iv V VI VII i

Am: Am Bdim C D /Dm Em F G Am

but i don not understand according to what i know that second degree should be B minor
not b diminished
am i wrong ?
thanks
but how do we say its B diminished while A minor scale is A B C D E F G
so the B diminished will be B - D flat - E flat and not B - D - E ?
sorry
just got it there was a fundamental problem in my chords formula theory
i did not pay attention to the fact that in A minor scale that B diminished is formed by the nature of the scale itself and the intervals were in the scale itself so no need to put it in chords formula again
thanks
hi
:-D can you do me favor?
up to this point i have learnt intervals , scales formulas , major and minor chords and some of these basics
but still i cant put them into work for example creating simple melody line
some how iam confused how to practically used them in real song writing ?
can you clarify me what to do and what to study ?
Quote by dimebag1d
hi
up to this point i have learnt intervals , scales formulas , major and minor chords and some of these basics

Well, first take a chord progression in a specific key; use something common like a I-IV-V (C-F-G in C major), and use the notes from the C major scale to see what you can come up with. Experiment with some chord changes and see how specific scales work over specific harmony.

For the best experience with this, though; study music. See how people have applied the concepts that you've studied thus far.

I have to head out so this is a really quick overview, but I'll post more in a couple hours.
Quote by dimebag1d
hi
Heres a repost of mine

When writing vocal lines, make sure you dont do any diminished fifth steps, minor sixth steps, major sixth steps, or minor/major seventh steps. Octaves are okay. These steps are generally too hard to sing, but if your experienced you may be able to do it.
Pentatonics are good for folky songs, but if you want to write something with a more contemporary feel, try to move about by a semitone or tone, probably to a scale like a scalar run (but dont do more than 3 or 4 of these small steps as its also hard to sing). Also, alot of contemporary songs like to repeat notes (unison interval), try to avoid doing this too much because the melody will 'stick.' In my oppinion 2 or 3 repitions of the same note is enough. Anything 4 or more is over kill and will stick, in most situations.
Rhthym wise, try to phrase your songs like the sort of music you listen to (this is also over simplified). Anacrusic rhthyms actually do quite well. Anacrusic means the melody starts on a weak beat, half or three quarters into a bar. Syncopation, which is similar, also makes melodies rhthymically catchy. But dont use it too much, as syncopation is sort of hard to sing.

By the way, I'm not a singer (I barely have an octave range)), just really interested in composition.

Than theres also another ultra long wall of text ammount of information about putting words to a melody.