Hi.

I dont know much about fender guitars, but iam thinking of getting one.

What is the basic diffrence between a Fender Jaguar and a Fender Jazzmaster ?
" Tuning: Standard
Like any Ramones song, just hack away at the chord until it's time to change. "
Depends on the Jag. Some have two humbuckers, some have single coils, some have hard tail bridges, some have trems, some have baritone scale lengths.

Jazzmasters have Fender soapbar pickups, and are famous for their feedback.

Both are hot and funky.
different pickups.

Jaguars are smaller, have a shorter scale, and have a rythm/lead circuit switch
Why you reading this?
Quote by 742627000017
I use my thumb and my johnson

Quote by deanexplosion99
idk what the keys are for but the reason i think its for the floyd rose is because its called floyd rose double locking

Quote by niggafolife
i iz hurr tuh spek da troof abowt muzik
I like Jazzmaster personally, but Cobain used a Jaguar for a short time
BACK LIKE A HEART ATTACK
Right. Jazzmasters have a standard fender scale length, whereas the jaguars is shorter. Both have have the lead/rhymthm circuit. The pickups on a jazzmaster are wide and thin giving a mellow, warm tone (I personally love it). Jaguars have pickups very similar to strats but with higher pole pieces on the outer strings for a stronger magnetic field. The trem/bridge are the same. Both nice guitars
I enjoy the Jazzmaster for the P90 style twang. So much fun.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
Quote by supergerbil
Right. Jazzmasters have a standard fender scale length, whereas the jaguars is shorter. Both have have the lead/rhymthm circuit. The pickups on a jazzmaster are wide and thin giving a mellow, warm tone (I personally love it). Jaguars have pickups very similar to strats but with higher pole pieces on the outer strings for a stronger magnetic field. The trem/bridge are the same. Both nice guitars

would jaguar pickups fit in a ibanez-style yamaha? there is no pickguard, just cutout space with the pickup in it. I am looking to replace the crappy middle pickup, which is a single coil (strat style single coil.)
"A guitar is the human soul, speaking with just six strings..."- Eddie Lee

Irvine Kinneas of the Final Fantasy Elite - PM me, Ichikurosaki, Gallagher2006, or Deliriumbassist to join!
Quote by ChrisN
Jaguar HH is the sex.

This. I played one at GC through a Twin Reverb. I would have sexed up that guitar right there had I been able to.