I currently have an Encore strat (korean made,plywood body) doing nothing at the moment, so since I have a long summer ahead of me, I might as well make it playable again. I've found an alder strat body for £40 (about $80) to replace the current body, and now I want to find out what pickups I should choose. Since I have my Epiphone Les Paul Special II, I think I'll stick to an SSS configuration. I mostly play rock stuff with some heavy metal thrown in as well.

Should I get new pickups, or use the current pickguard?

Here's a picture of the guitar in its current state

GUITARS
Epiphone Les Paul Special II
Encore Strat copy (piece of shit)
Applause by Ovation acoustic
BASS
Yamaha RGX170
AMP
Marshall MG30DFX
Laney LC100 (i'm having a lend of it for a while)
FX
Digitech RP50
Dunlop Zakk Wylde Crybaby
dude its a waste to even put new strings on it. save your money and maybe modify your epi or save and buy another better guitar
sounds like the story of a guy who found a car steering wheel by the side of the road and through "hmmm, i only need a steering column, suspension, wheels, brakes, a chassis, some seats, lights, bodywork, an engine, a gearbox, and some interior and this thing will be good as new!"

so he went away and worked for ages in his garage finding and fitting all these parts and after a few months a beautiful shiny car rolled out of his garage, drove great, looked great except for one thing. he decided the steering wheel looked old and tatty so got a new one

=/

spend the dosh on a better amp
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
I agree that it's a waste unless you're doing this for the sake of starting a project.
Part-o-Caster
Ibanez Destroyer
Ibanez 321MH
If you're gonna buy a new body and pickups, you might as well just buy a new guitar.

It's really not worth doing ANYTHING to that guitar, unless you play on replacing everything... which means getting a new guitar... uh... yeah.

Anyways, if it's got a plywood body, chances are everthing else is crap, including the neck, headstock, etc. You'd be doing yourself a favor by buying a Fender strat, MIA or MIM.
Signature? What's a signature?

Quote by WlCmToTheJungle
the house burnt down
pics coming soon!
<.<
>,>

Quote by metalscott76
No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best theory lesson EVER!
Quote by Engel22
dude its a waste to even put new strings on it. save your money and maybe modify your epi or save and buy another better guitar

He says he found an alder body! You have to read!

I think it will be better after the body swap and a pickup swap (SSS)
Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
sounds like the story of a guy who found a car steering wheel by the side of the road and through "hmmm, i only need a steering column, suspension, wheels, brakes, a chassis, some seats, lights, bodywork, an engine, a gearbox, and some interior and this thing will be good as new!"

so he went away and worked for ages in his garage finding and fitting all these parts and after a few months a beautiful shiny car rolled out of his garage, drove great, looked great except for one thing. he decided the steering wheel looked old and tatty so got a new one

=/

spend the dosh on a better amp

lol at the story!

TS, probably not worth it, as you'd have to put a fair bit of money into it for it to be any good. if your starting point was a Mexi Strat or a better squier i'd say yes, but not with this...

Unless you got the money to burn in which case, new pickguard, new pickups, tone/vol/switch, new bridge saddles, nutwork and new tuners, and maybe a but of fretwork depending on what they are like.
i have one of these it sounds reasonable through my valve amp. rather nice cleans in there

the most i'd do to it would be a pup change, thatd be the best sound improvement for the cash
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.