So i have a cube 30x and my friend has a Speder III(150 W version). He swears up and down that his amp is twice as good as mine... I tell him his is too digital but he says mine sounds digital. He also thinks its so much better cause it can go louder but i said it sounds ****ty loud. UGers please give your two cents so my friend and i can end our debate.
I have a Spider II and a friend with a Cube, and would have to say the line 6 sounded better for the heavier tones but Cube wins easily for the cleans. Although he only has a little Cube (15?)
THey both sound digital to a certain extent, but his sounds more digital than yours does. You are correct about the loudness. It sounds like incomprehensible static after a certain point.

Edit: The bigger cubes like the 30x and 60x sound better than the 15.
Your friend just wants to think his amp is the coolest ever and would never admit its an way overpriced practice amp. It could be a 500 watt spider and still wouldnt sound good loud. People are funny when you speak ill of their manhood... I mean amp. Give it some time when the electric gremlins or spiders in this case start causing problems or he turns it up loud one day and it quits working.
Why does it matter?

Did you decide to learn guitar because you wanted to make music, or so you could have pointless debates with friends about entry level amps? Who cares if one is technically better than the other, all that matters is if you like the sound coming out of your amp.
Taste is like a butt, divided.
Besides being a guitar player, I'm a big fan of the guitar. I love that damn instrument. Steve Vai

Gear:
Kramer Striker FR422SM
Roland Microcube
Digitech Bad Monkey
Dunlop Tortex 1.14mm picks

MY VIDEOS
Quote by tomsy49
So i have a cube 30x and my friend has a Speder III(150 W version). He swears up and down that his amp is twice as good as mine... I tell him his is too digital but he says mine sounds digital. He also thinks its so much better cause it can go louder but i said it sounds ****ty loud. UGers please give your two cents so my friend and i can end our debate.

I think both your amps sound digital. That's my opinion and I'm entitled to it, just like you and your friend are entitled to yours. Of course his would be considered wrong by most people, but meh.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
The pioneers of Digital amp modelling and really good solid state amps versus the guys who sort of innovated a little and made good fx boxes and decided to rip everyone off with ****ty spiders... hmm

I would have a Roland back me up any day.