ok for my summer project i am learning canon rock by jerry c and it has some 6 string sweep picking and was wonddering if there are some really good tutorials for 6 string sweeping thank you
"Lick Libarary" - I'm not sure if you have to pay for it or not but its brilliant when I tested it out. Its got everything you will ever need. Never looked for sweeping techniques but I'm sure it has them.
The technique is the same no matter if you're doing 3-string sweeps, 4-, 5, or 6-string sweeps. If you can do one, then you can do the rest of them. Just practice the song with a metronome, and you'll get it eventually.
known as Jeff when it really matters
thanks i will try ick library but i can probally do it if i try because i can do a 4 string sweep but i want to make sure that i have the right technique
Quote by titopuente
The technique is the same no matter if you're doing 3-string sweeps, 4-, 5, or 6-string sweeps. If you can do one, then you can do the rest of them. Just practice the song with a metronome, and you'll get it eventually.

I don't agree there mate. Don't want to seem argumentative but six strings sweeps, the ones I have learned are quite different to three or four string sweeps. When you have to add that extra note on the top low E string, I found I had to alter some of my technique to accomodate that new and off placed note. Maybe you had a different style but its always good to practise something that you don't know about, even if you have a rough idea. If he has to play it live and just goes by his gut, then he could be screwed and start fluffing up notes. I mean you have to alter the rythme sometimes as well and if your not used to sextuplets, then you might be put off.
no i am not going to be playing it live anytime soon (probally never) i just want to learn the song for fun because it has some pretty damn good guitar