I have a great-condition Peavey Windsor Head up for sale. It's seen very light use, and been taken good care of; I have OCD when it comes to my gear. It has been gigged twice, both small venues, and the amp has spent the remainder of its time in a clean recording studio. The tubes are original, but still have a great deal of life left in them, and as you can see from the pictures, it is very clean. I love the sound of this amp, but I just bought a JCM 900, and can't really justify having 2 100 watt tube heads..

Pics:

What I'm looking for:

$300 + shipping
or
Anything guitar-related and interesting, show me what you have
(Probably no pedals, unless they're rare, or really nice)

Thanks for looking!
Quote by Dave_Mc
less headroom than the windsor head? what, does it distort before you plug it in?

Last edited by darthalal at May 28, 2008,
1967 Epiphone Jumbo Accoustic?
Like good folk/indie music? Check us out at www.myspace.com/mckenzieshae
ARRGH, MATEYS!! I Be a PIT PIRATE!! sworn enemy of the PIT NINJAS! I am the 30th pit pirate to sail under the great command of justinhawkins, MATEYS! (pm justinhawkins to join)
SKB ps15 powered pedal board with an SD1 and a Old Skool Fuzz on it?

I also have a Ovation acoustic

CC247
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
No thanks on the jumbo, don't really have a need for a new acoustic at the moment.

Sorry Bostonrocks, but same about the acoustic, and I already have a pedalboard and an SD1.

Thanks for looking though!
Quote by Dave_Mc
less headroom than the windsor head? what, does it distort before you plug it in?

Hmm.. Trade for a Schecter Damien FR?
Member of the vegetarian club

Arbor AF-100
Cheap Kona

Boss PH-2
Ibanez DC10
NYC Big Muff
Little Alligator
Peavey Rockmaster
TC G-Major
FCB1010
BBE 401 Maxie
Boss RC-20

70's Fender PA 100
dang if you only lived near me....I hate buying something that must be shiped. especially if it an online thing...
Quote by RetroGunslinger
this is like comparing a flushing toilet to a hole in the ground
Quote by Captirk
Hmm.. Trade for a Schecter Damien FR?

Thanks for the offer, but I already have an Omen and a C-1 Hellraiser, a third Schecter would be crazy!

Quote by fifer
dang if you only lived near me....I hate buying something that must be shiped. especially if it an online thing...

Where are you located? It would be packaged very safely, sure we can't work something out?
Quote by Dave_Mc

well its because I have had bad experience buying online..like on ebay...but I live in Imperial Valley, California. its like super close to mexicali.

edit: where do you live?
Quote by RetroGunslinger
this is like comparing a flushing toilet to a hole in the ground
Last edited by fifer at May 29, 2008,
Quote by fifer
well its because I have had bad experience buying online..like on ebay...but I live in Imperial Valley, California. its like super close to mexicali.

edit: where do you live?

Hah.. pretty far away: I'm in upstate/central New York, but like I said, it would be packed safely. If you change your mind, let me know!
Quote by Dave_Mc

^
^ ^
^ ^ ^
^ ^
^ ^
Quote by Dave_Mc

Any interest in an Epi Thunderbird IV reverse bass, plus some other stuff?
Is this basically a ValveKing with lower to mid gain?
Quote by kessel
Any interest in an Epi Thunderbird IV reverse bass, plus some other stuff?
Is this basically a ValveKing with lower to mid gain?

I have a bass that I never seem to get the motivation to pick up, so I'll have to pass on the Thunderbird. As far as the Windsor vs. Valveking, they're pretty different sounding amps. For one, the Windsor is a single channel, and doesn't really have a clean sound, to be honest, but it's distortion sounds great. It feels much fuller, and more.. "Marshally" to me, probably because of the el34s, but I've only ever demo'd a Valveking, and didn't push it as far as it could go, so I can't attest to which has more gain. I can tell you that the Windsor has much more on tap than I ever used, and that it tightens up nicely with an OD. I don't know what type of music that you play, but for almost anything distorted, this amp is great. For cleans though, that's another story..
Quote by Dave_Mc

Quote by darthalal
I have a bass that I never seem to get the motivation to pick up, so I'll have to pass on the Thunderbird. As far as the Windsor vs. Valveking, they're pretty different sounding amps. For one, the Windsor is a single channel, and doesn't really have a clean sound, to be honest, but it's distortion sounds great. It feels much fuller, and more.. "Marshally" to me, probably because of the el34s, but I've only ever demo'd a Valveking, and didn't push it as far as it could go, so I can't attest to which has more gain. I can tell you that the Windsor has much more on tap than I ever used, and that it tightens up nicely with an OD. I don't know what type of music that you play, but for almost anything distorted, this amp is great. For cleans though, that's another story..

The ValveKing gets me any MetallicA tone I could ever dream of almost dead on (except RTL and KEA but close). I would want the Windsor for the JCM800 sound so I could use a tubescreamer and get the RTL sounds. The ValveKing has 6L6GC's and sounds very tight. It has lots of distortion but still gets that little chunk sound you can hear behind the dist from MetallicA. If you listen to Load, Reload... it sounds like that but with more gain, you can just turn it down and get load perfectly.
Thanks though. Good luck
Quote by kessel
I would want the Windsor for the JCM800 sound so I could use a tubescreamer and get the RTL sounds.

Though the Windsor is voiced similarly to the JCM 800, it has much more gain, but sounds a little "smaller," not as in quieter, but as in a little less growly and beastly than the 800 (My lead guitarist has a JCM 800, so I've had plenty of time to compare :-P ).

The amount of gain on the Windsor is closer to my JCM 900 (though the voicings seem different), but the 900's seems tighter.

Thanks for looking though!
Quote by Dave_Mc

Up!
Quote by Dave_Mc

^
^ ^
^ ^ ^
^ ^
^ ^
^ ^
Quote by Dave_Mc

Up!
Quote by Dave_Mc

Last edited by darthalal at Jun 3, 2008,
Quote by xnatex
is this the same one thats on Harmony-central?

Nope, I was going to put it up for sale over there too, but haven't had a chance yet.

Quote by metal Lover
I have a BRAND NEW Foxx Fuzz/Wah/Volume pedal. Retail price is $325.

Ship the head first and I'll throw in a Dunlop Crybaby Wha Pedal.

nolan_b93@sbcglobal.net

As much fun as that sounds, I don't use fuzz (or wah) enough to trade an amp for that pedal, so I'll have to pass for now..
Quote by Dave_Mc

Up!
Quote by Dave_Mc

how much would shipping be to 56479 MN
Quote by gregs1020
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
Quote by Bostonrocks
how much would shipping be to 56479 MN

UPS quotes at ~$50, but I'd be willing to pay for half if you're interested.
Quote by Dave_Mc

I don't know yet I"ll let you know later
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
where in upstate new york are you??
Quote by thundrstruk891
do EXACTLY what rock savior said.

EXACTLY.

Quote by SGKIDD
^^ X2,00,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000

To me

Member of the 'Guitarists Born In 1991' Club. PM greendayguitar or blues_rocker to join.
Quote by Rock Savior
where in upstate new york are you??

Right now, Rome. It's actually more central NY, but I go to college in Potsdam, so I figured upstate NY would be a good compromise to put on here.

Where are you?
Quote by Dave_Mc

Up.
Quote by Dave_Mc

Up
Quote by Dave_Mc

Up again
Quote by Dave_Mc

Up! Do I hear $310 shipped anyone?
Quote by Dave_Mc

Going on eBay in an hour or 2 if no one speaks up by then!
Quote by Dave_Mc