Page 1 of 2
... some of you kids need to chill out and get laid.

I think bands that defy boundaries musically should be allowed to defy the boundaries of a simple music forum.
Korn and LoG should be allowed here
Opeth should be allowed in blues/jazz/classic rock.
Dream Theater could belong in metal, or rock.

If you put them in both places, then fans who enjoy metal and (insert controversial band) could be discussed in the same forum, while fans who enjoy more hardcore or nu-metal and (insert same controversial band) could discuss in their respective forums. I know i like metal more than hardcore, but I'd like to discuss LoG and Korn in Metal Forum, because their sound is largely metal.

and dude, LoG are way heavier and more "metal" than say, Nightwish, but Nightwish have their own thread in the metal forum! nightwish are like "symphonic prog rock" and barely count as metal, IMO. So what gives?
Because those bands have threads in other forums already?

Also, Nighwish are Symphonic/Power Metal. You don't have to be super heavy to be metal.
Quote by guitgrinder
Korn and LoG should be allowed here

They shouldn't, because they have their own threads in different forums. There's zero point in making more threads in forums they dont belong in.
If 12-year olds made Metallica threads in the blues/jazz forum, there would be just as much flaming

Korn may be good, but they are not metal

Genres are stupid anyway
It's not about the musical boundaries.

It's about keeping the forum organised.

Unfortunately, it seems to have developed into a whole forum culture thing.
LOG is borderline. Korn is NOT metal. Opeth is NOT jazz, blues, or classic rock. at all. influence (which, for those genres they have next to none) =/= being. Dream Theater = Metal or prog, so i'll give you that.

and no one cares what you think, you won't change anything, give up, and continue to live your worthless lives while we proud hessians dance merrily around a campfire created by burning untr00 metal CDs.
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.
To be more specific on the reason, the metal forum would receive far too much traffic, especially from the undesirable 12 year olds/scene kids/retards. There would be no space for intelligent converse, and all of the metal forum's many elitists would probably leave. Probably about half of the regs and main posters in this forum are elitists.
My point is that they DO belong here. Just because the "mods" say they don't, or because you don't like them, doesn't mean they don't.

Besides, who cares if there's more than one thread about the same band, as long as they're in different forums? inI guarantee that if LoG ONLY was in Metal Forum, you'd have a lot less "Hey, anyone like LoG?" threads. Which also means you'd have a lot less "OMG liek, STFU n00b, they blong in metalcore, wahhh!" responses.

Would you really be that mad if dudes in the jazz forum had an Opeth thread? I think it'd be cool.

And Voyager, your opinion is equal to mine! Youropinion< 0. That's MY opinion.

As far as your "zero point" comment, blash, there is a point, actually... to stop this nonsense arguing, whether the're "troo metal" "metalcore" or whatever.
Ah dunna care

(read like william wallace)
Quote by HuckIt
My weirdest dream would have to be when I dreamed that I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...that was pretty screwed up.
1. no we wouldn't, we have constant metallica threads
2. Opeth IS NOT JAZZ. AT ALL. NOT EVEN A FVCKING LITTLE BIT.
3. WTF do you mean, '...just cause the mods say' do you own the forum now? no? good, shut the **** up. the mods control this forum, not you. what they say, is more important than what you say.
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.
If the mods say they aren't allowed in here, that means THEY AREN'T ALLOWED IN HERE.

Do you rule the forum? No.

Do they? Yes.

Problem solved.
Quote by guitgrinder
My point is that they DO belong here. Just because the "mods" say they don't, or because you don't like them, doesn't mean they don't.

Besides, who cares if there's more than one thread about the same band, as long as they're in different forums? inI guarantee that if LoG ONLY was in Metal Forum, you'd have a lot less "Hey, anyone like LoG?" threads. Which also means you'd have a lot less "OMG liek, STFU n00b, they blong in metalcore, wahhh!" responses.

Would you really be that mad if dudes in the jazz forum had an Opeth thread? I think it'd be cool.

As far as your "zero point" comment, blash, there is a point, actually... to stop this nonsense arguing, whether the're "troo metal" "metalcore" or whatever.

Dear lord.

Metalcore = Metal (the scant bits, lately + hardcore punk + Pop Rock.

We don't take kindly to jackasses.
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
It doesn't matter if they belong here or not. This decision was made purely from traffic reasons. Both Greety and Bo said that they think that this segregation is stupid, but they keep it this way because of the increase in activity and need to monitor the forum more.
Dyer's Eve is awesome, and has an abnormally large penis, which doesn't act as any hinderance to his everyday life despite its freakishly large size.
For unrivaled obedience, user King_ofKumbucha is awarded this spot of honor.
Quote by I,Voyager
To be more specific on the reason, the metal forum would receive far too much traffic, especially from the undesirable 12 year olds/scene kids/retards. There would be no space for intelligent converse, and all of the metal forum's many elitists would probably leave. Probably about half of the regs and main posters in this forum are elitists.

I'm not an elitist...too much.
Quote by I,Voyager

Probably not though, because they don't like Ne Obliviscaris, Emperor, or Dissection.
They'd just find themselves in Metalcore discussing KSE, Devil wears Prada and LoG.
What I'm saying is that there are those of us who do like "true metal" bands, as well as LoG/Korn, and since they cross the boundaries in REALITY, they should be allowed to be discussed in both places without the need for a shield the sixe of a semi truck.

Maybe I won't change anything, but I feel I make a valid point, and if no one ever tried anything, nothing would ever change. All metal would sound exactly like Black Sabbath with your suggested type of thinking... (Though I'm not sure if that's a bad thing...)
is it really that hard to go to a different forum? it's what, two clicks? anyway, do you honestly think that you're the first person to suggest this?
Traffic means more active users around the clock, which results in more threads, which demand more supervision from the mods, as well as an overall slower operating forum.

It's easier this way.
Dyer's Eve is awesome, and has an abnormally large penis, which doesn't act as any hinderance to his everyday life despite its freakishly large size.
For unrivaled obedience, user King_ofKumbucha is awarded this spot of honor.
Quote by guitgrinder

The difference is you're the one trying to use your opinion to justify a major change in the way the different forum categories work, and I'm not.
Quote by guitgrinder
Probably not though, because they don't like Ne Obliviscaris, Emperor, or Dissection.
They'd just find themselves in Metalcore discussing KSE, Devil wears Prada and LoG.
What I'm saying is that there are those of us who do like "true metal" bands, as well as LoG/Korn, and since they cross the boundaries in REALITY, they should be allowed to be discussed in both places without the need for a shield the sixe of a semi truck.

Maybe I won't change anything, but I feel I make a valid point, and if no one ever tried anything, nothing would ever change. All metal would sound exactly like Black Sabbath with your suggested type of thinking... (Though I'm not sure if that's a bad thing...)

That ending part, makes me want to take a swing at you, though I'd probably go to jail.

The first part, there are idiots, people would go into, say, the Opeth, Agalloch, and Death threads either saying how it's horrible compared to metalcore bands or that they will just act like 10 year olds, and speak "liek ths, omg, liek so cool band, rite?"

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
All I'm saying is that all the unnecessarily brutal flamings make the metal community look like a bunch of assholes. It makes you sound like, "Oh, I'm too cool and elite to discuss your music or even POLITELY point you in the right direction."

Half of you didn't even know about the oh-so-great music you listen to if it weren't for this forum anyway, so why don't you give some people a chance? 99% have listened to music that your a little embarassed to admit that you used to like... maybe if there was a LoG thread here you could get some quality people here and teach them about some of the really great stuff, like opeth, or Nightwish if you like them. Is it really all that hard not to be an asshole to someone who's made a simple mistake?
Quote by guitgrinder
All I'm saying is that all the unnecessarily brutal flamings make the metal community look like a bunch of assholes. It makes you sound like, "Oh, I'm too cool and elite to discuss your music or even POLITELY point you in the right direction."

Half of you didn't even know about the oh-so-great music you listen to if it weren't for this forum anyway, so why don't you give some people a chance? 99% have listened to music that your a little embarassed to admit that you used to like... maybe if there was a LoG thread here you could get some quality people here and teach them about some of the really great stuff, like opeth, or Nightwish if you like them. Is it really all that hard not to be an asshole to someone who's made a simple mistake?

Okay, noob. It is already stickied up at the top of the page about what goes here and what doesn't. It's as simple as that. You only need to click, read and follow. Follow it and there'll be no need for flaming.

If we let LoG here, then Trivium and all the thousands of other metalcore bands would suddenly explode onto here too. If we let KoRn here, same thing with Slipknot and other nu metal bands. It would be utter chaos and way to hard to handle, thus the need for segragation. Got it? We're too lazy to keep explaining that to the numerous others like you who think this band or this band deserve to go here.

Damn it. Why is it so hard for people to comprehend something so simple as rules and organization? Jesus. What's up with the sudden influx of noobs now?
Last edited by Chugaroo at May 28, 2008,
Quote by guitgrinder

90% of the people that come here with wrongly placed bands are actually politely guided, then they act like dumb****s (a la deathxcorex) and proceed to bring the 'elitist' out in us.

I am one of the people that do this, I usually just say the band belongs somewhere else and if I don't like 'em I just politely say "they suck."

Quote by eggsandham2
Uh, we are a bunch of assholes

Everyone who ever joined the metal forum underwent a "baptism of flame", and now a bunch of them are regulars...if they get their feelings hurt be us and decide to never post in this forum again, I could care less.
Quote by Slaytanic1993
That ending part, makes me want to take a swing at you, though I'd probably go to jail.

The first part, there are idiots, people would go into, say, the Opeth, Agalloch, and Death threads either saying how it's horrible compared to metalcore bands or that they will just act like 10 year olds, and speak "liek ths, omg, liek so cool band, rite?"

1st, Why? Sabbath kick ass! Besides, you'd swing at me, miss, and then I'd knock you out

2nd- simple solution- BANNED.

I think the kids who freak out on someone should be warned anyway.
So maybe there will never be a LoG thread here... do you still have to be an asshole about it? Warn 'em once, then again, then they're gone. It's that easy.

BTW, I'm not arguing the rules, I'm petitioning for change.
Quote by guitgrinder
1st, Why? Sabbath kick ass! Besides, you'd swing at me, miss, and then I'd knock you out

So maybe there will never be a LoG thread here... do you still have to be an asshole about it? Warn 'em once, then again, then they're gone. It's that easy.

1st - Sabbath own my face, it's just people will ALWAYS be looking for something different. And, sure you would, sweetie.

2nd - Do you know how annoyed the mods and admins get from constant *reports*?

Quote by eggsandham2
Quote by guitgrinder

Jesus ****ing christ. Several others and I tried being polite but you just don't seem to understand. Core bands go in the hardcore forum for ****ing traffic reasons so this forum doesn't get flooded with scene kids talking about Devil Wears Prada and Bullet for My Valentine. How hard is that to understand?
korn belongs on nu metal

but lamb of god probably should be allowed here
My You'll be the Baddest Dude in Revere!

My Gear:
-Fender Mexican Stratocaster
-Silvertone Paul Stanley Signature Acoustic
-Fender Princeton 65w
-DOD Death Metal
Quote by The_Seventh_Sin
korn belongs on nu metal

but lamb of god probably should be allowed here

LoG = metalcore with traces of groove metal.

Quote by eggsandham2
THE POINT OF THIS THREAD IS NOT TO ARGUE WHAT BANDS GO WHERE DOUCHBAGS!

Some people don't know the rules. The sticky wasn't the first place I went to when I came here, I saw opeth and clicked! The point of the thread is to point out the there are SOME users, not ALL USERS, who unnecessarily flame people who just didn't know the rules, for whatever reason, and I think that deters truly intrigued people from ever coming here again. if you walked into a store and somedude kept saying "Your shirts gay, That band sucks, they don't belong here, gtfo, fag..." would you really be inclined to visit them again? Prolly not. I think that the kids who wig out on unsuspecting victims need to be warned, and continued offenses would result in a ban. I don't think that that is an unacceptable request. Take that how you will, I will drop this now because you either:
A) Agree, or
B) Disagree, and just want to be an asshole to people who've never been here and don't know the rules.
Quote by guitgrinder
THE POINT OF THIS THREAD IS NOT TO ARGUE WHAT BANDS GO WHERE DOUCHBAGS!

Some people don't know the rules. The sticky wasn't the first place I went to when I came here, I saw opeth and clicked! The point of the thread is to point out the there are SOME users, not ALL USERS, who unnecessarily flame people who just didn't know the rules, for whatever reason, and I think that deters truly intrigued people from ever coming here again. if you walked into a store and somedude kept saying "Your shirts gay, That band sucks, they don't belong here, gtfo, fag..." would you really be inclined to visit them again? Prolly not. I think that the kids who wig out on unsuspecting victims need to be warned, and continued offenses would result in a ban. I don't think that that is an unacceptable request. Take that how you will, I will drop this now because you either:
A) Agree, or
B) Disagree, and just want to be an asshole to people who've never been here and don't know the rules.

Stickies are the first thing you should read when you enter a forum. Especially one that mentions a band you're about to talk about.
Quote by |Marco|
Jesus ****ing christ. Several others and I tried being polite but you just don't seem to understand. Core bands go in the hardcore forum for ****ing traffic reasons so this forum doesn't get flooded with scene kids talking about Devil Wears Prada and Bullet for My Valentine. How hard is that to understand?

How hard is it to understand that some people don't like those bands, but do like LOG and many of the other bands that are discussed here on Metal? Why would I want to go to metalcore and discuss LoG when none of those people share my interests in other bands? Why should I have to go to a foreign, unpleasent land to discuss ONE band?

Scene kids will come and go. Yes, they're annoying, but the "trues" always stay. That's what counts, right?
Quote by guitgrinder
How hard is it to understand that some people don't like those bands, but do like LOG and many of the other bands that are discussed here on Metal? Why would I want to go to metalcore and discuss LoG when none of those people share my interests in other bands? Why should I have to go to a foreign, unpleasent land to discuss ONE band?

Scene kids will come and go. Yes, they're annoying, but the "trues" always stay. That's what counts, right?

Two clicks away isn't a foreign land. Have you heard of a thing called the internet?
Quote by guitgrinder

What's so wrong about going to another forum just to talk about one band anyway?

Someone posted the two clicks thing before meh. >_<
Page 1 of 2