Howdy Everyone!

I have an AMPEG 210 BA SP Combo amp, and I have noticed in my three piece band that I could be a bit louder. The only problem is I'm at 10 of 10. My lead has a Line 6 Spider 3 at 120, and he only has it cranked to 4/10. I would really like the security of being able to turn up louder at times. No, I will not tell the guitarist and the drummer to tone down just for me.

Here is the link for my amp:
http://www.ampeg.com/products/bassamp/ba210sp/index.html

I talked to a clerk at the local music store, and he told me that I should get an extension amp. My amp does have a balanced line out. I was wondering what you guys thought I could use for an extension amp. I'm willing to spend around 700$, but I would prefer a cheaper one.

Finally, I was wondering if I should just trade in my amp for a head/cabinet. I hope I put out enough information to receive some great feedback.

Thanks,

Your Random Hero
Quote by Sly Taco
I suggest trading/selling your amp and getting a used head/cab. You my friend, need more power.

This.

The line out is really for PA purposes. Also, if your EQ isn't very high, raise all the knobs up, but keep the same proportion.
Quote by Sly Taco
I suggest trading/selling your amp and getting a used head/cab. You my friend, need more power.

Whats the wattage I should be looking for?

Thanks for the input!
Show a phone book or two under the front to angle it up a bit. That tends to help.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
well, u may need alot of power b/c my friend has a 450 watt that he uses for gigs and thats still barely audible over the guitar, vox and drums
(Main)Gear-v
Jackson Dinky DKMGT
PRS SE Paul Allender
Peavey 6505+ 112
Quote by randomhero65
Whats the wattage I should be looking for?

Thanks for the input!

I'd go at least 400W. Dont push that combo too hard or it won't be worth a dime.
They vary so much it isn't funny.

Go down to the largest store you can and try some rigs out. Come back with ideas. Get opinions and similar options, try again and repeat until you have a rig.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1