I was wondering if Fulltone makes a good product. Specifically the OCD. I really want to get one but I don't know about stuff like reliability, tone, etc. From what Ive heard the tone is heaven! but I want to make sure it will last. Thanks.
Traynor YCV40
Modded Gibson SG
Gibson CS-356
1973 Fender Bassman
Fulltone OCD
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Yeah it's killer if you have a good tube amp that you're using it with.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
From what I've heard and seen, it's a preety good pedal.

I think Fulltone only sells the V4 of it now. Which is brighter sounding than the V3 version.
I'm thinking of getting one, but I don't have $150 on me
its a fine pedal with a real fine built quality. one of the most open, least compressed pedals available. right on the borderline between OD and Dist imo, and it has a bit of a dark characteristic to it. very sensitive to pick attack, and the HP & LP setting gives it good versatility.

but with that said, its a pedal thats actually not for everybody. as much as there's a lot of people like it, there a also a lot of people that would rather have alternatives in the "booteek" market.

i myself own a v3 and has extensively used a v4. imo, its almost the same but the v4 is a bit less dark and has a more useable spectrum on the volume knob. havent really tried a v1 or v2, but ive been told that compared to the firs 2, the v3 has more pronounced mids, but is also more compressed at higher gain settings.

as much as i like it, i rarely go over 11 o'clock on the gain knob. anything over that imo sounds fizzy to me. but with that said, the gain at 11o'clock is more than enough for what i need (low to med gain).
Jong

Strat, V847a, OCDv3, Carbon Copy, DD-5, Flying Dragon, EL84 amp
It's not for everyone. The dynamics are excellent, but the tone is pretty mediocre IMO. It sounds rather processed and boring to me and not at all like "my amp on 11" as it is advertised.
i feel like it colors your tone a bit too much, the "blanket" effect. a great alternative is the lovepedal eternity, my absolute favorite od.
^Only problem is it's twice as much! Not a lot of people around here drop three bills on an OD.
Quote by Roc8995
^Only problem is it's twice as much! Not a lot of people around here drop three bills on an OD.

tell me about it. ive been trying to scour ebay and some listings for people selling used E's for cheap and are willing to ship to canada.
Jong

Strat, V847a, OCDv3, Carbon Copy, DD-5, Flying Dragon, EL84 amp
The OCD is a super hi-fi tubescreamer. That's all really, personally I'm not the biggest fan of tubescreamers, and thus even less a fan of the OCD.
I tried the v4 OCD and comparing it to my MI Audio Blue Boy Deluxe, The blue boy is much more versatile and the tone is much more adaptable to different amps. a great feature is the brightness knob. If the amp is too dark then the brightness knob will brighten the tone up and if its too bright then you can turn it down.

just my 2 cents.
Valveking CLIPS/Gear HERE
Wow, I thought everyone loved the OCD.
Guess I was wrong.

Anyways, I believe that the tone of a good cranked tube amp beats that of a standard OD pedal any day.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
^The OCD was flavor of the month for lemmings around here a while ago. These opinions are from people who have actually spent time with it. That's not to say that there aren't people who like it, but it got recommended by a lot of people who had never played it so it seemed more popular.

Quote by TimmyPage06
The OCD is a super hi-fi tubescreamer. That's all really, personally I'm not the biggest fan of tubescreamers, and thus even less a fan of the OCD.

The OCD is definitely not a tubescreamer variant. It has a very different circuit and tone. I do agree that it doesn't sound that great though.
Last edited by Roc8995 at May 29, 2008,
Cool, thanks guys. I borrowed my friends and I loved it through my traynor. I think I'm gonna get one soon.
Traynor YCV40
Modded Gibson SG
Gibson CS-356
1973 Fender Bassman
Fulltone OCD
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Quote by SRVspeaks
Cool, thanks guys. I borrowed my friends and I loved it through my traynor. I think I'm gonna get one soon.

I think you'll like it. I use an OCD w/ my non-master volume Mojave Scorpion (which is somewhat similar to an old Marshall 50W plexi) cranked, & the OCD is the best unit I've used so far, very articulate & dynamic, although I've not tried the Lovepedals stuff.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Riffhog for President

Quote by Cathbard
There's no point apologising for your feet smelling when there's a 300lb gorilla in the room taking a crap on the couch.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2011
is the OCD good for creating a new distortion sound? Or as a gain booster on an already cranked, and on gain channel amp
Music is the holy grail, sod wine water and the blood of jesus
I don't like Fulltone, just based on the way he does buisness. Claiming he's too good to use existing components and hiding all the values of his circuts? Not allowing anyone to repair the pedals but him? Ouch, my ego.

That being said, the Fulldrive II is the most articulate OD I've ever owned, or played.
I have one and I like it a lot. The thing cleans up very well with the guitar's volume knob. I use it mostly as a low-med gain OD or to boost my Big Muff.
How to achieve Frank Zappa's guitar tone:
Quote by Thefallofman
Step 1: Buy a Gibson SG
Step 2: Insert Green Ringer, EQ, 3 dead squirrels and a microwave into said SG
Step 3: Plug in and freak the **** out.