So I finally broke down and bought a pack of Jazz III picks, just to see what all the hype is about. I must say, I'm impressed. I actually find it easier to do certain techniques with it. But I know there are more than one kind of Jazz IIIs. The ones I got are the Stiffo Sharp 1.38mm ones. What does everyone else use? I know there's also the nylons and ultex ones. Which ones do you guys think are the best?
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.
i like the stiffos (the black ones)
Gear:
  • Orange TH30
  • Framus Cobra 4x12
  • Gibson Les Paul Studio
  • Gibson Explorer
  • Taylor 214CE-G
Quote by Maggot3000
i like the stiffos (the black ones)

Yep, that's the one I got. I didn't think I would like them, because I could already tell that they are true to their name. Stiff as... well, I won't go there. But I was wrong.
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.
I don't normally use Jazz III's, but when I do, I use my Red one. I find them easier to grip as opposed to the Stiffos, as the Black ones tend to slip off my fingers when I sweat.
Quote by mafropetee
So I finally broke down and bought a pack of Jazz III picks, just to see what all the hype is about. I must say, I'm impressed. I actually find it easier to do certain techniques with it. But I know there are more than one kind of Jazz IIIs. The ones I got are the Stiffo Sharp 1.38mm ones. What does everyone else use? I know there's also the nylons and ultex ones. Which ones do you guys think are the best?

Haha, I did the same thing a couple weeks ago when I was ordering some strings for my acoustic. I bought the ultex ones and dunlop black jazz ones, I like the ultex better. I can't believe how great they are, I thought they were just over-hyped, haha