I have an old Squire burst Strat, and instead of selling it for 100 bucks, I wanna customize it and make it my own. I was wondering if anybody out there had awesome ways to customize guitar bodies, with a Dremel tool or anything like that, cool paint jobs, or whatever. I really want to mess around.
I love Foxy Shazam more than you.

▲ ▲

instead of mutilating it with a dremel tool...just sand it down, paint it a kickass color, and upgrade the hardware and pickups...the thing with strats is there's so much stuff you can do to them (like nice new necks)...and if done right the upgrade should only cost you about eh...like 2 or 300 bucks mostly for the pickups and a neck...also there's some pretty cool vinyl stuff on ebay to slap on the guitar when you get the paintjob done
if i had money coming out of places it shouldnt come out of, id do that myself...but im not rich. in my opinion, the squier strat neck is way too thin. my les paul neck is much bigger and easier to play on. but then again i have big hands. are the real fender strat necks thicker than the squier ones?
Fender strat necks and squire are pretty much the same, but Fender feel alot better. In my opinion, my LP neck is alot better. Also, I have my own homemade killswitch, so, I don't want to put one on my Strat. But I do want to put on a really cool paint job, I just have to find the right one. Which pick ups would work for me? I play mostly classic rock, and stuff like Black Crowes, RHCP, Band of Horses, and other random stuff.

Thanks for all your input!
I love Foxy Shazam more than you.

▲ ▲