ive just upgraded my amp, and some of my pedalboard, and i think im pretty set with my guitar. whats the next nessesary thing that i should probly buy? i play lots of genres of rock. i was thinkinig some sort of distortion pedal probly but idk. im open to opinions...i dont have tons of money so anything on a budget is great
If you have lot of money to spare and you wanna play heavier stuff ( I assume you do since you wanted a distortion pedal) maybe you can get another amp just for higher gain stuff?
Quote by alkalineweeman
If by "clean" you mean "get a finger right up in there and do a good bit of spelunking" then i guess "at any given opportunity" is my answer.

mah hardcore band
http://monstersvsaliens.bandcamp.com/
i say judging by your avatar (rhcp) maybe a big muff and a new strat, or maybe new pickups for your current strat.

but i would maybe invest in a dely pedal, or a new wah. im not a big fan of the original cry babies. or if you want to get higher gain tones out of your amp, maybe a overdrive to boost your amp, or a distortion pedal. maybe you could go out and try the new satchurator?
Maybe you should save money for post-secondary education?

Naa.. just blow it all on 200 dollar cables.
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
Quote by Doodleface
Maybe you should save money for post-secondary education?

Naa.. just blow it all on 200 dollar cables.

whoa dude...and for the record...all my cables (patch included) cost me $42
Quote by AJS19
whoa dude...and for the record...all my cables (patch included) cost me $42

I'm just saying you don't need to spend all your money on guitar stuff. It's wise to save some.

The $200 cable thing was a joke (although they do exist, and more expensive ones do as well!)
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
Quote by Doodleface
I'm just saying you don't need to spend all your money on guitar stuff. It's wise to save some.

The $200 cable thing was a joke (although they do exist, and more expensive ones do as well!)

i was thinking into the future im was just wondering what to buy if i set aside some money specifically for gear. i have a gear fund haha. usually 5% of my paycheck goes to it
Quote by AJS19
i was thinking into the future im was just wondering what to buy if i set aside some money specifically for gear. i have a gear fund haha. usually 5% of my paycheck goes to it

Good idea!
NICK-NAC PATTY WACK GIVE A DOG A HANDJOB!

The day I see a squirrel masturbating to pictures of other squirrels is the day that we'll lose our human uniqueness.
Quote by The_Rooster
Buy some duct tape and WD-40 and lots of it. You'll thank me later.

lol y is that? haha
I would consider Delay and Fuzz. Almost everyone can use a little delay here and there...and Fuzz is a personal thing If you play classic rock or smashin pumpkin type stuff fuzz is most useful.

Quote by AJS19
lol y is that? haha
Quote by AJS19
lol y is that? haha

I believe he's insinuating things will break etc lol. Are you taking all this seriously?? 'coz it's all in good fun lol

But really i don't know. I usually buy things because there's a few songs i want to play but i cant because i don't have a specific type of equipment. Besides that, my own personal faves are Delay pedal and Wah-Wah, although for me, Delay is a bitch to get perfect
Quote by Jackolas
edgespear, driving great ideas again. Sir, you pwn.

Gear:
Guitar: Epiphone Les Paul, PRS SE Floyd Custom 24 Floyd Amethyst
Amp: Peavey 6505, Eleven Rack
Perhaps a new guitar in the future?
Fender American Telecaster (60th Anniversary)
Egnater Rebel 30 Head/Cab
Boss RC-20XL Loop Station
yeah i spent an hour in guitar center the other day fiddling with the DD-3 and still never got the timing i wanted what are some decent fuzz pedals. cause i do play quite a bit of classic rock.
Quote by Vandals572
If you have lot of money to spare and you wanna play heavier stuff ( I assume you do since you wanted a distortion pedal) maybe you can get another amp just for higher gain stuff?

shobe
I say
new guitar.

Quote by Doodleface

THAN WHAT ELSE IS THERE TO SPEND MONEY ON!? (well other than mustangs and drugs)
Quote by Highwaytohell
I say
new guitar.

THAN WHAT ELSE IS THERE TO SPEND MONEY ON!? (well other than mustangs and drugs)

well since im not rich i like to stick with cheaper guitars, id probly get some kind of SG that is if i had money. but im pretty satisfied with my les paul so idk i really wanna build a killer pedalboard right now but i gotta add a delay and chorus for sure and the rest idk
I'd just go with a nice single BOSS Fuzz pedal to be honest. It's mostly about the amp and guitar settings when it comes to sound, i guess pedals just add a little extra to make it a bit different, if you know what i mean.
And im glad someone see's my point with delay pedals LOL
Quote by Jackolas
edgespear, driving great ideas again. Sir, you pwn.

Gear:
Guitar: Epiphone Les Paul, PRS SE Floyd Custom 24 Floyd Amethyst
Amp: Peavey 6505, Eleven Rack
You could always just not spend it.....after all the fact your asking for advice on what to buy next suggests that you arent sure that you need anything else. Or at least it does to me.
Quote by darthbuttchin
You could always just not spend it.....after all the fact your asking for advice on what to buy next suggests that you arent sure that you need anything else. Or at least it does to me.

yeah i dont really need anything for a while after today. i bought some dunlop straploks and a mojo slide but in the future i might get like a few more pedals to widen my arsenal.