So I just heard What Would You Say by Dave Matthews for the first time and he's a really awesome guitarist. Could anyone recommend me some Dave songs that have cool riffs and such like this song? Thanks.
warehouse
And before he died, Taran-Ish had scrawled upon the altar of chrysolite with coarse shaky strokes the sign of DOOM.
Quote by ohshait
So I just heard What Would You Say by Dave Matthews for the first time and he's a really awesome guitarist. Could anyone recommend me some Dave songs that have cool riffs and such like this song? Thanks.

Yeah he is a sick guitarist. That song is so fun to play. Others that are really tight with sweet riffs are "So Much To Say" "Drive In Drive Out" "Tripping Billies" "Warehouse" "Satellite" "Lie In Our Graves" and my favorite one to play "The Stone"

All those are really fun to play on guitar. Pretty much anything from Under the Table, Crash, and Before These Crowded Streets are golden.
I play Lie In Our Graves, What Would You Say, So Much To Say, Satellite, Dancing Nancies, Jimi Thing, Rhyme and Reason, JTR and I've messed around with a few others. I think they're all sweet and definitely fun to play. Most Dave songs offer something of a challenge from what I've seen whether it's stretching, unusual chords, or quick accurate picking. I tried Warehouse briefly it was kind of awkward (maybe I should try it again) but if you can get that one it sounds cool.
Dave is the reason I started playing guitar. When I first started playing, I literally learned every single DMB song. These are some of my favorites:

One Sweet World
Jimithing
Lie in Our Graves
The Stone
Tripping Billies
Warehouse
Two Step
What You Are
So Much to Say
JTR
Gray Street
Pig
Grace is Gone
The Song that Jane Likes
So Damn Lucky
Fool to Think
Stay or Leave
So Much to Say
Rhyme and Reason
Ants Marching
Crash into Me
Everyday
Granny
Stay (Wasting Time)
Where are You Going
Too Much
Recently
Say Goodbye

and go to http://www.dmbtabs.com for great tabs of every Dave song
^ I did the exact same thing and pretty much know all of those and then some. Go Dave.

A few of my favorites that I play pretty much every time I pick up my Taylor are: Lie In Our Graves, satellite, #41, #34, Crash, Jimi Thing
i can't believe i forgot to put #41 on my list... good call twevo!
Holy ****! I`m not the only one who loves playing Dave Matthews. The last 3 songs I`ve learned have been by him. I had some suggestions, but then I saw Jimtaka`s post, lol.
Nine planets surround the sun
Only one does the sun embrace
Upon this watered one
So much we take for granted

So let us sleep outside tonight
Lay down in our mother's arms
For here we can rest safely
Anyone got any good YouTubes of them playing and singing Dave songs? It blows my mind that Dave can sing while playing some of these songs and I just want to see if anyone else can do it.
Quote by JHogg11
Anyone got any good YouTubes of them playing and singing Dave songs? It blows my mind that Dave can sing while playing some of these songs and I just want to see if anyone else can do it.

look up Reiner Matthews (not sure of spelling) - he does some excellent covers.

Dave's stuff is difficult, I'm jealous some of you can play them!
My favourites are:

Where are you going?
Grace is Gone
Crash into Me
Say Goodbye
Let You Down
Cry Freedom
The Space Between
Satellite
Typical Situation
Lover Lay Down
Jimi Thing
Gravedigger
I always loved The Maker (not written by Dave Matthews) and Stay or Leave
I'm kind of at the beginner-intermediate level, what DMB songs could I hope to play?
Come intoooo..................you.............hack up your skirt a little more, and show your world to me.

oh yess.