poet/spoken word/reggae god? I think so.

I am so happy I stumbled across LKJ. It's all I've been listening to the past few days.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=BC7Z3VBzUWU&feature=related
www.lkjrecords.com

p.s. If you want to read some of his published works, just search Linton Kwesi Johnson on Google Books.
Quote by CowsWithGuns
I've been busy getting drunk and yelling at endangered species for being pussies. It's a dehydrating job but someone has to do it.
I couldn't understand anything he's saying. I like the band behind him though.\

EDIT: Holy **** the guitar solo was awesome.
BRIGHT LIGHTS PUT ME IN A TRANCE.
but it aint house music that makes me want to dance.
How do you not understand what he's saying?

But yeah, that guitar solo...seriously
Quote by CowsWithGuns
I've been busy getting drunk and yelling at endangered species for being pussies. It's a dehydrating job but someone has to do it.
His Patois/Rastafari isn't even really that thick.

I think he's relatively easy to understand.

Then again I'm the only one of my friends who knows what Lil Jacob is saying in GTA 4.

I guess I've just heard it more.

I still can't really follow Badman much though.
Quote by waterproofpie
How do you not understand what he's saying?

But yeah, that guitar solo...seriously

Was expecting it to be in a foreign language after those responses, but you're right, it's not that hard to understand. Some made up words in there I'm sure - or otherwise Jamaican words that haven't come over here yet - but most of it is quite easy to follow, like the 'pick-a-pocket'.

Indeed a lovely solo. Great sound on that guitar.
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
Lil Jacob is impossible to understand. I can only pick out one of every five words he says.
bump
Quote by CowsWithGuns
neat-o. i've been listening to a lot of ska lately (as in the legit first wave nature) so this sorta fits right in. even though it's not technically ska. YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN!
#DTWD
Normally I don't do reggae/dub but this is upbeat enough to be good. I might be inclined to check out some more.