We just finished watching Paradise Now in history class, and it's one of the most intensely emotional movies I've ever seen. Has anybody else seen it, and what did u think?

let's try not to argue too intensely over Israeli/Palestinian Conflict, but i think Israel is a bs country, but i also think there are very few israelis to blame. I don't think Jews should be in the Holy Land alone, but the problem now is that there are two different groups there with nowhere to go.
Religion is not a reason to go to war, let alone to fight over a country. They need to find more important things to fight about, like oil.
Quote by Ur all $h1t
I stick stuff in my pee hole.

Gear:

Schecter C-1 Classic
Ibanez S670PB
Stratocaster MIM Standard
Marshall MG30 (its purple )
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Quote by Wulphy
Religion is not a reason to go to war, let alone to fight over a country. They need to find more important things to fight about, like oil.

Barry White is cooler than you
Quote by Deliriumbassist
I really wish I could say you're funny and cool, but that would be like saying Africa doesn't have a poverty problem.
you know what else is an intensely emotional movie? Hotel Rwanda. just finished that one today in history.
Call me Jack.
All that you love...
...you must love now.
My Gear:
PRS Custom 24
Standard MIM Tele
Larrivée LV-09E
Rivera Clubster 45 112 Combo Tube
Boss ME-20 Multi-effects pedal
Boss OC-3 Super octave pedal
My own home-made octave-up pedal
As long as Palestinians kill Israelis, the Israelis will treat them like enemies. As long as the Israelis oppress the Palestinians, they will kill the Israelis. It's a terrible, vicious cycle, and I fear that both sides hate each other too much to break out of it.
I <3 bangoodcharlotte

Quote by humperdunk
one time i let my cat has cheezburger. i thought it was pretty funny.
Quote by Arrived+Dparted
you know what else is an intensely emotional movie? Hotel Rwanda. just finished that one today in history.

The man that was based on that moive ( The General) came to our school. but his accent was to think and i couldent understand.
Quote by Arrived+Dparted

Is that movie gory?

I'm interested in checking it out, but I'm huge pussy when it comes to the blood and guts.
It's a money making business, the whole conflict is nothing but a scheme to make money by killing people. The Israelis in charge are a bunch of racist, condescending nazi's. The Palestinians are an oppressed indigenous people, who have been displaced, dispossessed, and disrespected by the entire western world in the name of a 'theocracy/democracy' that we are all supposed to bow down before. After all, who refers to themselves as the 'Chosen people'? And if you aren't jewish, they consider you less than human. Hell, they consider non-white jewish people as less than human.

So for all you non-jewish fools who think for one minute that Israel is the underdog, the victim, the perennial David always facing Goliath, wake up. Israel is the product of a pack of godless, greedy bastards who are using the jewish people as the future scapegoat to cover their hides. They have been doing it to their brethren for over 2 thousand years. And the jewish people continue to tolerate it and blame the non jewish people for the backlash these crime lords create upon them, all the while pretending to be jewish.

The problem is our leaders (all of them), always has been, and always will be. The only cure will be a worldwide 'reckoning day' for these murdering scumbags. We purge them, we are free for a while, until the new wave of murderous cowards garner up enough courage to do it all over again.

So keep watching your little movies and pretending to care. But remember, there is a child being murdered right now by one of these scumbags, and they are more than happy that you would rather watch some TV, post your little sensitivities to a message board, thinking you are making some sort of bold move, rather than taking them to the woodshed for their proper medicine.
I don't know if this is the movie you're talking about, but was that the one with the kids talking about their lives? If so, it was a really good documentary. Anyway, I think both sides are at fault on this conflict, and we won't see an end soon.
Quote by KetchupLad14
Is that movie gory?

I'm interested in checking it out, but I'm huge pussy when it comes to the blood and guts.

And from what I remember, it wasn't too gory. It's an amazing movie, you definitely should watch it.
I'm the same as I was when I was six years old
And oh my god I feel so damn old
I don't really feel anything
Quote by Hanrahan
Israelis in charge are a bunch of racist, condescending nazi's.

Nice try, there.
Quote by squirrelboy
Nice try, there.

Where? It's the truth. Try not to imply something that isn't there next time. It's a sign of the weakness of your position.
Quote by Hanrahan
It's a money making business, the whole conflict is nothing but a scheme to make money by killing people. The Israelis in charge are a bunch of racist, condescending nazi's. The Palestinians are an oppressed indigenous people, who have been displaced, dispossessed, and disrespected by the entire western world in the name of a 'theocracy/democracy' that we are all supposed to bow down before. After all, who refers to themselves as the 'Chosen people'? And if you aren't jewish, they consider you less than human. Hell, they consider non-white jewish people as less than human.

So for all you non-jewish fools who think for one minute that Israel is the underdog, the victim, the perennial David always facing Goliath, wake up. Israel is the product of a pack of godless, greedy bastards who are using the jewish people as the future scapegoat to cover their hides. They have been doing it to their brethren for over 2 thousand years. And the jewish people continue to tolerate it and blame the non jewish people for the backlash these crime lords create upon them, all the while pretending to be jewish.

The problem is our leaders (all of them), always has been, and always will be. The only cure will be a worldwide 'reckoning day' for these murdering scumbags. We purge them, we are free for a while, until the new wave of murderous cowards garner up enough courage to do it all over again.

So keep watching your little movies and pretending to care. But remember, there is a child being murdered right now by one of these scumbags, and they are more than happy that you would rather watch some TV, post your little sensitivities to a message board, thinking you are making some sort of bold move, rather than taking them to the woodshed for their proper medicine.
What an objective opinion you have . The Zionists Committed 9-11!
Thanks for the recommendation. I'm going to watch it.
+1 one to Hotel Rwanda. Amazing movie. And a very under looked genocide.

About some points here that I'd like to fix.

Quote by Hanrahan

How are the Israelis racists? In Israel you have the street signs in Arabic besides Hebrew, and Israeli Arab kids can learn and make their exams in Arabic.
There are Arab judges, Arab parliament members...
Doesn't look racist to me.
About you comparing Israel to the Nazis, you're comparing 6 million of Jews + all the other millions of people of other ethnicities (sorry, I don't know the numbers), to around 4,745 Palestinians (35.2% of them combatants for sure, and you have many other unclear ones) in the course of already 8 years (According to the last April's B'tselem report).
The Palestinians weren't displaced by Israel or the western nations.
They were called by their neighbor countries during the independence war, and then screwed over by them. All the Arabs that decided to stay in Israel got an Israeli citizenship and live inside Israel with all the rights that non Arab Israelis have.

"After all, who refers to themselves as the 'Chosen people'?"
Wait, are we talking about Israel, or about the Jews?

"And if you aren't jewish, they consider you less than human. Hell, they consider non-white jewish people as less than human."
That's the biggest pile of BS that I ever read and shows how much you know about the subject.
News flash. Almost all of my Russian friends of Israel are Christians, and they get the same treatment that I did.

Quote by Hanrahan

"So for all you non-jewish fools who think for one minute that Israel is the underdog, the victim, the perennial David always facing Goliath, wake up. Israel is the product of a pack of godless, greedy bastards who are using the jewish people as the future scapegoat to cover their hides"

And your proof is?

"They have been doing it to their brethren for over 2 thousand years"
But, isn't Zionism a movement started in around 1890?

"all the while pretending to be jewish"
What? So what are they?

Quote by Hanrahan

"Murdering scumbags"? It's war! Wake up! People DIE in war. Also Israelis die over there.
And don't bring me that "Israel is killing Palestinians in an 1:8 rate" BS.
1st of all, the number is higher.
2nd, it doesn't make them wrong. Fact is: Israel has better weapons, all their buildings have anti bomb shelters, and is more prepared for war than the Palestinians.
Hell. The government even provides all the citizens with anti gas masks just in case there's a need for them. THAT's the reason for the high rate.

Quote by Hanrahan

Actually, the average of Palestinian deaths per day by the IDF is around 2. Including the combatants.
Seeing how we're talking about urban fighting, and how the Palestinians constantly fire missiles at Israeli cities from their own schools and urban zones, I think that the number is quite low. It's hard to not harm civilians in urban fighting.
Maybe, the Hamas members should stop using their own people as human shields if they don't want that much deaths.
Two deaths per day in a country in constant conflict for 8 years. Israel is showing a huge restrain. I'd like to see what happens if missiles start falling over USA everyday from Mexico.
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Last edited by urik at May 29, 2008,
Quote by Hanrahan

I detect a slight bias...
more sig required.
Quote by Hanrahan
Where? It's the truth. Try not to imply something that isn't there next time. It's a sign of the weakness of your position.

Sorry. Next time I'll ignore the fact that you said that a predominantly Jewish country were members of a party that murdered 6 million jews.
What was I thinking?
Its Britans fault... should've known kicking out an entire ethnicity wasn't going to go over smoothly.
Actually, you all seem to have missed the point.

I never said anything about zionism. I started by referring to THE ISRAELIS IN CHARGE, not the jewish people as a whole. So unwind those undies, I know what you are hoping to have found, and you are oh so wrong. If you could see past your irrational presumptions for a minute you might have caught the message. The jewish people have faced numerous persecutions an pogroms due to the actions of the GODLESS MURDERING BASTARDS hiding amongst them (which also answers the questions as to what they are, if not jewish). If you want to deny that, go ahead, feel free to remain in your bubble. If I was going to speak to zionism, I would have to include the whacko christian fundamentalists, which is a WHOLE entity unto itself- I mean come on.... dead guy fairy tales??? Gimme a break.

I probably should have expanded upon what I am putting forward, for all you nazi hunters in the crowd, but then again, I am not trying to hide anything. So, I'll expand it for you- paragraph 1 and 2 dealing with Israel-Palestine directly. Paragraphs 3 and 4 attempt to highlight a problem affecting all of us, regardless of what we choose to believe in, or pray to, or hope for. The child may be Palestinian, or Israeli, or Afghan, or Iraqi today, and tomorrow it may be an American, French, British, Russian, Chinese, or Tibetan child.

The Israeli-Palestinian conflict is one small example. Blow it out of proportion of you want, facts are facts, and they cannot be ignored regardless of how much whining, complaining, and politician buying anyone does....

And as for the LYING MURDERING SCUMBAGS here in the USA? They are the same as anywhere (EVERYWHERE) else and deserve the same trip to the woodshed.. catch my drift yet? If not, here's the final clue - NOT EVERYTHING REVOLVES AROUND ISRAEL. So go get yourselves something to bite down on and accept that I may be biased, but I'm not blind, ignorant, nor stupid enough to keep buying the horse **** they keep selling. You may have bought so much you want to fling it at me, but I have my horse **** proof jacket on today.
Last edited by Hanrahan at May 29, 2008,
Quote by squirrelboy
Sorry. Next time I'll ignore the fact that you said that a predominantly Jewish country were members of a party that murdered 6 million jews.
What was I thinking?

So, when they hit 6 million Palestinians, what should we call it? Bolshevism? Nope already taken previously... hmmm.. any suggestions? You tell me... what should it be called? Or how about what should the killing of children be referred to as? Collateral damage? Future 'terrorist' elimination? What? And please, get back into context- I SAID- THE ISRAELIS IN CHARGE, NOT THE JEWISH PEOPLE OR ISRAEL. Breathe deep, count backwards from 10, unwind... no need to go into hysterics.

And you just may want to brush up on your history a bit, and take a look at who actually ASSISTED the German nazi's in accomplishing that horrible nightmare. You may be surprised at what you find. The Germans were not the ONLY nazi's, squirrel. Wake up.
Quote by Chasepw133
Its Britans fault... should've known kicking out an entire ethnicity wasn't going to go over smoothly.

The sun always shines on something the British Empire screwed up.... If paybacks a bitch, that's gonna be one helluva bill to pay.
Quote by Hanrahan

I never said anything about zionism. I started by referring to THE ISRAELIS IN CHARGE, not the jewish people as a whole. So unwind those undies, I know what you are hoping to have found, and you are oh so wrong. If you could see past your irrational presumptions for a minute you might have caught the message. The jewish people have faced numerous persecutions an pogroms due to the actions of the GODLESS MURDERING BASTARDS hiding amongst them (which also answers the questions as to what they are, if not jewish). If you want to deny that, go ahead, feel free to remain in your bubble. If I was going to speak to zionism, I would have to include the whacko christian fundamentalists, which is a WHOLE entity unto itself- I mean come on.... dead guy fairy tales??? Gimme a break.

Wow. The jewish people faced persecution because at the time the european people were racist bastards, nothing more, nothing less.

I would continue this discussion, but:
a) Not going to do it while you are in it.
b) There's a thread for this already.
<Omri> I love trannys too..
Last edited by Hells_Bell at May 29, 2008,
Quote by Hanrahan
Breathe deep, count backwards from 10, unwind... no need to go into hysterics.

lol, dude you called jewish leaders nazis. i think that was the source of the lulz. although i do see parallels between zionists and nazis, it's just weird calling jews nazis.
#DTWD
Hey, they bomb Israel, Israel tries to protect itself, that's all I know.

And that Han-what's his face, seriously....WTF?!
Purple string dampener scrunchy.
Quote by Guitar0player

And that Han-what's his face, seriously....WTF?!

Appears to be a troll.
Quote by IzRG350
Appears to be a troll.

I see.

I think that what should really happen is that Israel and the Arabic countries will unite, they are brothers of sorts, last time I checked.

And another factor I think is the oil, Arabic countries have **** loads of oil(I think it's Saudi Arabia?).

If Israel had these amounts of oil everyone would go and kiss their asses.
Purple string dampener scrunchy.
Not a troll, just sick and tired of the whole rotten mess. Israelis and Palestinians are paying the highest price for the greed of others. So while we sit here, and debate whether I am a troll, or only the Germans have the corner on nazism... more innocent lives are taken and wasted.

So, I'm out of this one. Later y'all.