So my guitar lessons are done for the summer and I'm looking for some advanced technique that I could learn that would help tremendously. I've been playing for 7 or 8 eights. I'm technically classically trained, but I'm a self taught rock musician. I can play relatively anything you throw at me,(within reason of course). For techniques I'm not looking looking for something ****ty like vibrato or something easy like that. I'm talking like advanced tremelo techniques, shred techniques(I've never actually tried to seriously shred), advanced pentatonic scales... stuff like that.

any ideas? and if you guys could be so kind as to post links. thanks
~Gigantic Underøath fan~
Quote by Jammin'
you've been playing for 7 to 8 EIGHTS?

Also check out my band Smiles In Sickness
Last edited by Bloodoath at May 28, 2008,
Well, from classical to heavy metal. your choice.
~Gigantic Underøath fan~
Quote by Jammin'

Sweeping, 21 day method, you know that whole thing. I'd suggest learning some necrophagist songs too anything technical with weird time changes and sweeping is cool. Mabye explore saxaphone music (I really didn't get that from the article..).

lol anyway...

in the research i've done for how to shred, i found that you should take one lick of a solo that you really like and play it really slow until your muscles have it memorized. then increase speed until you play it actual speed. if you can't, then go back to the really slow muscle memory part. once you have that lick down, learn another, and another, trying to keep them unique to each other. after doing this enough and learning some entire solos, you should have a decent ability to shred (so i'm told)

i will definitely be trying this over the summer, and practicing a lot more.
Quote by Nakon14

Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Crate GTD65
Vox DA5
Quote by Jammin'

lol anyway...

in the research i've done for how to shred, i found that you should take one lick of a solo that you really like and play it really slow until your muscles have it memorized. then increase speed until you play it actual speed. if you can't, then go back to the really slow muscle memory part. once you have that lick down, learn another, and another, trying to keep them unique to each other. after doing this enough and learning some entire solos, you should have a decent ability to shred (so i'm told)

i will definitely be trying this over the summer, and practicing a lot more.

My gosh.. That comment is soooo going in my sig :P

anyways. I'm not a big fan of playing other peoples solos, but I'll give that a shot.

I;ve got alot of time this summer, anything else?
~Gigantic Underøath fan~
Quote by Jammin'

harmonic/melodic minor scales? i bet you already know them though
I memorized them like three years ago
~Gigantic Underøath fan~
Quote by Jammin'